Erickson Retirement Communities

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Officer Interview

Security Officer

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities.

Interview Details – I had applied online and then received an invitation to attend a job fair at the campus I applied to. The job fair was complete chaos and I think they had twice as many people show up as they had planned. It was actually supposed to be invite only but they were letting anyone who showed up in. So, after standing in line for the shuttle (we had to park off campus) I stood in another line to get in the room where the job fair was being held. After finally making it to the table I had to fill out a basic info sheet. I then sat in a waiting area for a bit and got called up in a group and they did a speed interview session. Some of the questions were asked down the line, others only one person got asked. It took about 3 minutes after all that waiting in line. Supposedly this was a screening interview and all our applications/answers were going to a hiring manager who would decide if we would be called in for interviews. I was told the hiring manager would reach out to everyone within a few days regardless of if we were chosen for a 2nd interview. Well I never heard from these people again.

Interview Question – If I were to call your current employer and ask for one word that describes you what would it be?   View Answer

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager

Interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities

Interview Details – This process moved very quickly for me.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Junior Accountant

Interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities

Interview Details – felt that interview was rushed and that they weren't listening

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

All Positions Interview

All Positions
Riderwood, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview by recruiter, follow by in person with hiring manager, once selected final interview with direct reports

Interview Question – What would you do to change the culture of the organization   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Organization Culture

Very Easy Interview

Dining Services Interview

Dining Services
Catonsville, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities.

Interview Details – They did a group interview as they probably do not do this anymore. It was quite simple and took a lot of pressure off our shoulders since we were so young.

Interview Question – There was no question particularly challenging   Answer Question

Assistant Administrator Interview

Assistant Administrator
Tinton Falls, NJ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities in September 2008.

Interview Details – The HR recruiter is typically the first point of contact. Once a phone screening is completed and basic information is given and you can show you qualify for the job, an in-person interview is arranged. The first in person interview was with the Administrator (my boss). At the interview, we chatted and reviewed some scenarios of how to handle certain situations (difficult family member, an employee who is under-performing, etc...). A second interview was set up, this time the Community's Executive Director was present. Similar questions were asked and an offer was later made.

Interview Question – Provide a difficult family/resident situation you recently encountered and how you handled it? after you answer this, they ask, what do you think you did correctly and what do you think you could have done better?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had limited experience and was happy with the number we agreed upon. They also gave me $5k for moving/relocation expenses.

Utilities Interview

Utilities

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities in April 2009.

Interview Details – When you're asked what your greatest weakness is, try to turn a negative into a positive. For example, a sense of urgency to get projects completed or wanting to triple-check every item in a spreadsheet can be turned into a strength i.e. you are a candidate who will make sure that the project is done on time and your work will be close to perfect.

Note that the term "weakness" isn't used in the sample answers - you always want to focus on the positive when interviewing.

Interview Questions

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on-line and followed up with phone call. Was invited for 1:1 interview and then asked to return again for second interview with a small panel of "peers". The job description was very different than what was discussed in the second interview and I was not at all surprised that I was not offered the position. I found the interview questions were appropriate and the process took a long time. However, I feel very comfortable with how they select candidates. All in all, I am still very interested in finding a way to work there. Anyone in HR will tell you that employee referrals are usually a great source for new hires and that's not nepotism. I don't see that as a problem at all. As an experienced recruiter, I can verify it is very common to have someone in your "who" help you find your next position.

Interview Questions

• What would your last supervisor say about you?   Answer Question
  • How would you help a resident adjust to life on campus who was not happy about the move?   Answer Question

Worked for Erickson Retirement Communities? Contribute to the Community!