Erickson Retirement Communities

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Manager Interview

Interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities

Interview Details – This process moved very quickly for me.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities

Interview Details – felt that interview was rushed and that they weren't listening

All Positions Interview

Riderwood, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview by recruiter, follow by in person with hiring manager, once selected final interview with direct reports

Interview Question – What would you do to change the culture of the organization   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Organization Culture

Very Easy Interview

Dining Services Interview

Dining Services
Catonsville, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities.

Interview Details – They did a group interview as they probably do not do this anymore. It was quite simple and took a lot of pressure off our shoulders since we were so young.

Interview Question – There was no question particularly challenging   Answer Question

Assistant Administrator Interview

Tinton Falls, NJ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities in September 2008.

Interview Details – The HR recruiter is typically the first point of contact. Once a phone screening is completed and basic information is given and you can show you qualify for the job, an in-person interview is arranged. The first in person interview was with the Administrator (my boss). At the interview, we chatted and reviewed some scenarios of how to handle certain situations (difficult family member, an employee who is under-performing, etc...). A second interview was set up, this time the Community's Executive Director was present. Similar questions were asked and an offer was later made.

Interview Question – Provide a difficult family/resident situation you recently encountered and how you handled it? after you answer this, they ask, what do you think you did correctly and what do you think you could have done better?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had limited experience and was happy with the number we agreed upon. They also gave me $5k for moving/relocation expenses.

Utilities Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities in April 2009.

Interview Details – When you're asked what your greatest weakness is, try to turn a negative into a positive. For example, a sense of urgency to get projects completed or wanting to triple-check every item in a spreadsheet can be turned into a strength i.e. you are a candidate who will make sure that the project is done on time and your work will be close to perfect.

Note that the term "weakness" isn't used in the sample answers - you always want to focus on the positive when interviewing.

Interview Questions

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Erickson Retirement Communities in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on-line and followed up with phone call. Was invited for 1:1 interview and then asked to return again for second interview with a small panel of "peers". The job description was very different than what was discussed in the second interview and I was not at all surprised that I was not offered the position. I found the interview questions were appropriate and the process took a long time. However, I feel very comfortable with how they select candidates. All in all, I am still very interested in finding a way to work there. Anyone in HR will tell you that employee referrals are usually a great source for new hires and that's not nepotism. I don't see that as a problem at all. As an experienced recruiter, I can verify it is very common to have someone in your "who" help you find your next position.

Interview Questions

• What would your last supervisor say about you?   Answer Question
  • How would you help a resident adjust to life on campus who was not happy about the move?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Erickson Retirement Communities? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Erickson Retirement Communities interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Erickson Retirement Communities employees and interview candidates.