Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated Jul 27, 2014

2.6

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Selection was thru' an Off Campus recruitment drive at Chennai. Simple and easy. First, Aptitude round followed by F2F technical interview and HR. Technical round- consisted of GSM related questions like GSM operating frequency, GSM Vs CDMA difference etc. Some basic questions on Final year project, and Internships. A few on questions on Microwave Engg, Antennas and waveguides etc.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were easy enough for a fresher to answer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

written(aptitude), GD , technical . HR, some communications knowledge is needed, additional certifications like CCNA is a bonus

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

The process consisted of a written round followed by a group Discussion and Technical Interview round. There was a HR round but just as a formality.
    Written round was just basic aptitude on par with most other companies. GD was 10 per group and the topic was "Social Networking-Boon or Bane" for about 15 mins.
    Technical round was also fairly simple, lasting around 20-25 mins. Questions from Networking, OSI Model and GSM were asked.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. The salary offered through campus recruitement was 3.36 lpa

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

First Round - Online aptitude examination.
                             Questions were mainly asked from verbal and quantitative ability. Also there were questions from attention to detail, charts and graphs sections.
    Round Two - Group Discussion
    Round Three - Technical Interview - Questions were from basics of our engineering field.
    Round Four - HR Interview - General questions like why ericsson, your achievements and ambitions, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell some recent developments in ericsson.   View Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

The process consisted of two rounds- Group Discussion and technical interview.Each round was an elimination round.After clearing both the rounds,HR interview took place.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were based on the concepts of wireless communication.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Selection Procedure:
    Topics of current relevance
    3. Technical Interview
    Electronics, Computer Networks, Programming Basics
    4. HR Interview
    • Questions like Tell me about yourself, why Ericsson? , where do you see yourself after 5 years etc.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Online Test
      • Completely aptitude
      • 45 MCQs in 45 minutes
      • No –ve marking
      • 15 quantitative questions basically from partnerships, ratio & proportion, percentages, time & work, speed & distance etc.
      • Verbal questions like antonyms, synonyms, sentence error correction etc.
      • And some logical reasoning questions
      2. Group discussion
      3. Technical Interview
      • Questions (Basics) from communication, microprocessors, digital, analog, computer networks (OSI model, TCP/IP model, Router, Switch etc.) and mobile communication (working of a mobile phone, GSM, CDMA, 2G, 3G, GPRS etc.)
      • Some were also asked basic questions from C programming like swapping without a 3rd variable
      4. HR Interview
        Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calicut, Kerala (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calicut, Kerala (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in November 2012.

first online test by cocubes
    second round gd.Don't put much effort for this round and also give other candidates opportunities to speak.
    Third tech interview (pretty simple questions) just be confident of your answers even if You are wrong because confidence is all what they are looking for
    final hr interview

No negotiation as it was a campus recruitment

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in October 2012.

The selection process consisted of three rounds:-
    1) Aptitude Test
    2) Group Discussion
    3) Personal Interview

In aptitude test section, there were about 45-50 questions which are to be answered in 1 hour's time. It was average, nothing tough whatsoever. Then came GD, which was also very calm and cool round. Then came interview where your basics will be judged.

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in October 2012.

I sat for my campus placements. Ericsson came for two posts - R&D and Ericsson Global India. I sat only in Ericsson Global India.
    There were a total of four rounds. Only CSE and ECE students were eligible.
    First round was an online test conducted through cocubes.com website. It only consisted of mental ability, aptitude questions, no technical. A total 110 students were selected after this round.

Second round was GD. Groups of 10 were formed. We were asked to select even the topic ourselves. It was a very cool round, perhaps the most civil GD I have ever given. About 75 students were selected in this.

Third round was Technical Interview, the most toughest round. I was sent to a Networks Communication Engineer who asked me mostly in networks. I was able to satisfy him from my end until he went very deep into networks which I couldn't. He asked me about Cloud Computing and I was able to tell quite a lot in that.

The final round was HR interview. I swept him off his feet in the 3 minutes he gave me.

Finally a total of 51 students were hired from our college.

Interview Questions
    • First Question: Explain Mobile and its communication techniques.
      Second Question: Bluetooth and its working.
      Third question: Working of VPN
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. However, I asked the HR to give me a post in North-India and he seemed to have considered it.

aptitude-> GD-> Technical interview-> HR interview