Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated Jan 24, 2015

2.8

Hardware Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in November 2008.

It's hard to tell. This was a unique interview. I was interviewing for a postion in which I was an already intern. They eventually gave the position to someone with more experience which was, to say the least, very disstressing. My manager interviewed me and I'd already been his employee for about 6 months. He new my strengths/weaknesses so he asked questions that he knew I had no idea how to answer in an effort to make me look stupid.
    However, this is only one manager out of many and should not be a reflection on Ericsson as a whole. This guy is sharp and is usually everwhere all at once. I don't think anyone could succefully live up to his standards.

Interview Questions
    • What should you do in scenario one? Scenario two?   View Answer

Manager, Competitive Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in June 2011.

After a HR phone interview I had an interview with the hiring manager. He then request a F2F meeting with his staff. At the meeting I was to do a presentation describing my value to their organization and do a SWOT analysis. After a delightful phone conversation/interview I was looking forward to the F2F. As I waiting for the hiring manager to greet me I noticed him peering down from several floors above. I felt from the get go I was being judged on something about my looks or appearance. From the start it was like I was dealing with a very different person. No warmth or openness. It was a very tough interview as if I was drowning in water under ice and couldn't break threw the ice to surface. As I got further and further away and processed the interview I knew the group was not for me. I like an open, warm, teamwork environment. This group seemed cold and judgemental. I'd be a afraid to sneeze wrong!

Interview Questions
    • How did you go about researching your information   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in August 2011.

Over all process consisted of two interviews. The first one was on the phone which was conducted by two interviewers. They asked some basic questions about HSDPA technology and testing procedures in the testbed. After passing this interview I was invited for a face to face one which was again conducted by two interviewers. This interview was very detailed one. The started with the 3G network diagram and touch all the interfaces, protocol stacks, RRC messaging, types of handovers and radio interface etc. In the end some behaviourial questions were also asked.

Interview Questions
    • What are the different type of masurements that are sent by UE to the network?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in August 2008.

They had already hired someone else before my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think we should be hiring you in such a difficult position?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in January 2012.

Difficult to get into Ericsson

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in April 2012.

This was for an internship. It was about an hour long 30 minutes of behavioral questions and 30 minutes of technical. The technical questions were pretty difficult at the time, These were the questions from what I remember:
    What is a DNS Query?
    List the following operating systems in order of discovery?
    What type of exception is thrown when this event occurs?

Interview Questions
    • List the following operating systems in order of discovery?   Answer Question

Software Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in January 2012.

Call from HR, then group interview, then manager/director interview. Will need to have all documentation for education, salaries (W2's or 1099's), and any certifications. Will need to draw complex scenarios for solutions and break/fix. If you have work you have done, it is good to bring it with you.

Interview Questions
    Very easy. There are salary ranges so can negotiate.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in April 2014.

They basically focus on the design side and problem solving side questions during interview process. interview round finished in same day. But they release offer after 10 days.

Product Developer/Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in June 2014.

I applied through online job advertisement on their website for misssisauga location and they contacted me for onsite assessment test. I went there and they asked me to write a test on paper. they have test prepared for each position.

Interview Questions
    • The test is supposed to be one hour but it is hard if you don't know Java. I struggled through coding questions related to stack in Java, Heiarchical Tree Node implementation and SQL queries comparing to two different tables with date constraints.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in February 2011.

Referred by other friends, was telephone interview then face to face interview on site.
    Was really good impression on their focus and being happy to get chance for on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • some tech background checking, then process and mainly focus on experience open questions, to check if an dhow will you do it in such of situation. it need you to show how experienced in these situation.   Answer Question