Ericsson-Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.8

Hardware Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Plano, TX) in November 2008.

Interview

It's hard to tell. This was a unique interview. I was interviewing for a postion in which I was an already intern. They eventually gave the position to someone with more experience which was, to say the least, very disstressing. My manager interviewed me and I'd already been his employee for about 6 months. He new my strengths/weaknesses so he asked questions that he knew I had no idea how to answer in an effort to make me look stupid. However, this is only one manager out of many and should not be a reflection on Ericsson as a whole. This guy is sharp and is usually everwhere all at once. I don't think anyone could succefully live up to his standards.

Interview Questions

• What should you do in scenario one? Scenario two?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

Over all process consisted of two interviews. The first one was on the phone which was conducted by two interviewers. They asked some basic questions about HSDPA technology and testing procedures in the testbed. After passing this interview I was invited for a face to face one which was again conducted by two interviewers. This interview was very detailed one. The started with the 3G network diagram and touch all the interfaces, protocol stacks, RRC messaging, types of handovers and radio interface etc. In the end some behaviourial questions were also asked.

Interview Questions

• What are the different type of masurements that are sent by UE to the network?   Answer Question

Manager, Competitive Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Richardson, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

After a HR phone interview I had an interview with the hiring manager. He then request a F2F meeting with his staff. At the meeting I was to do a presentation describing my value to their organization and do a SWOT analysis. After a delightful phone conversation/interview I was looking forward to the F2F. As I waiting for the hiring manager to greet me I noticed him peering down from several floors above. I felt from the get go I was being judged on something about my looks or appearance. From the start it was like I was dealing with a very different person. No warmth or openness. It was a very tough interview as if I was drowning in water under ice and couldn't break threw the ice to surface. As I got further and further away and processed the interview I knew the group was not for me. I like an open, warm, teamwork environment. This group seemed cold and judgemental. I'd be a afraid to sneeze wrong!

Interview Questions

• How did you go about researching your information   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Plano, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Difficult to get into Ericsson

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in August 2008.

Interview

They had already hired someone else before my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should be hiring you in such a difficult position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

This was for an internship. It was about an hour long 30 minutes of behavioral questions and 30 minutes of technical. The technical questions were pretty difficult at the time, These were the questions from what I remember: What is a DNS Query? List the following operating systems in order of discovery? What type of exception is thrown when this event occurs?

Interview Questions

• List the following operating systems in order of discovery?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Bangalore (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

They basically focus on the design side and problem solving side questions during interview process. interview round finished in same day. But they release offer after 10 days.

Software Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Plano, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Call from HR, then group interview, then manager/director interview. Will need to have all documentation for education, salaries (W2's or 1099's), and any certifications. Will need to draw complex scenarios for solutions and break/fix. If you have work you have done, it is good to bring it with you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy. There are salary ranges so can negotiate.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

I applied online after noticing an online advertisement for the position. The HR rep contacted me within a few days for a brief interview over the phone. He then stated he would have an HR coordinator contact me to arrange an in-person interview. The coordinator contacted and asked for my availability and proposed a few dates. I agreed to all dates proposed and stated I would be happy to accommodate with regard to the time of day. However, the in-person meeting has yet to be confirmed all the dates have passed. I was told the people conducting the interviews have a "full schedule" and I will be notified when they become available.

GET Interview

Interview

Aptitude Test with huge weight synonyms and antonyms, 2 rounds of interviews: Initial round was basically on the skills, 2nd round was technical round..about projects etc.. 3rd round was managerial round: situation based questions.. hr round was telephonic..just a formal one.