Ericsson-Worldwide

Average Difficulty
461 candidate interviews

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview Details – Applied through a job board. Contacted within 24 hours by HR and onsite interview was scheduled.
The interview consisted of four people. Questions were mostly technical, but also included the standard questions that are asked at almost every interview.

Interview Question – Pretty Straightforward   Answer Question

Service Engineer Interview

Service Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in February 2011.

Interview Details – The process is challenging enough to show you your competancy. Interviews are conducted by senior employees or managers and they are almost always sure what do they need to look in a person as per the requirements. i was actually sitting in front of five managers during my last stage of the interview and then hired when they were convinced enough.

Interview Question – They may ask anything related to your profile. Personally I didn't have any unexpacted question in my interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate as I was a fresher back then.

Solution Architect Interview

Solution Architect
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in September 2011.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of technical interview, followed 1 Manager round and 2 rounds of HR

Interview Question – from HR: we cannot offer the running slab market rate   Answer Question

Datacom Testing Interview

Datacom Testing
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in July 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Rounds of Technical discussion, Main concentration on debugging.

Customer Project Manager II Interview

Customer Project Manager II
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in June 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews are required, at least one of them will be a panel interview. Managers (at least in the PMO) really like you to be able to use the whiteboard effectively.

Recruiting will drive the interview process, but sometimes candidates will get moved from one recruiter to another which makes communication difficult.

Interview Question – Can you explain your current business process on the whiteboard and describe where you last job fit in that process?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was possible, the salary was firm, and (as I found out internally), there is absolutely no negotiation on vacation time unless you're an executive. Since the benefits are already outstanding, there's no room to negotiate.

Intern Interview

Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online on their website. Was contacted by their campus recruiter asking a certain set of HR related questions. Replied with my answers immediately. The recruiter got it touch very soon saying one of their teams was interested in interviewing me. The interview was via Skype and was difficult. They expected the interns to know a lot, and rather than have them learn after getting the position, and to gain experience, it was more of an exam

Interview Question – Certain coding questions, even though I specifically mentioned that im a novice   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview Details – I had to go through two interviews. First with my manager and a HR representative. There were lots of behavioral type of questions in the interview. It lasted about one and a half hours. Once passed the first interview, a second interview was called with the Finance Director. It was not so difficult. FD was convinced once he understood my interest to work for the company and my skills to be successful in the role.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation when you were not in agreement with your line manager, and what did you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Two things I have negotiated for once I received the offer later- a) Joining date (I wanted to join bit late as I needed few more time to comply with my notice period); and b) Increase of base salary.

They agreed with my 1st negotiation, but there were no room for them to increase the base as I was offered the maximum of their budget for the position.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Supply Chain Manager
DFW, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Applied directly to company based on job posting on company's website
2) Initial screening interview with HR by phone
3) Two face to face interviews with hiring manager and peer
4) Face to face with SVP

Interview Question – How will you handle the transition from Aerospace and Defense to Telecommunications sector   View Answer

Citrix Network Expert - Lateral (6+ Yrs Experienced) - EGIL Interview

Citrix Network Expert - Lateral (6+ Yrs Experienced) - EGIL
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview Details – I got the offer from Ericsson India Global Ltd. (Hope its part of Ericcson worldwide). The job was especially for Netscaler proficiency.

Round 1 : In depth qns on Netscaler device and basic (I'd say a bit more than just basic qns.). 40% into networking and 60% into Netscaler device.

Round 2 : Another round which had out and out netscaler qns.

Round 3 : Third round on Netscaler tech. qns. (The interviewer called me and told - I'm not sure if u had any tech. interviews already with EGIL. But let me ask some qns :-) ). Interviewer explained about the job role and the project which I would be joining.

All three above - were telephonic.

Round 4 - Face to Face Managerial Interview : qns like - how will commit SLA for a network? How to calculate uptime to maximum accuracy? Some tricky qns like would you say u r 'Responsible' or 'In charege' or 'you own' for your technical deliverable to the customer?

Round 5 - Final HR round - About notice period and salary.

Interview Question – Would you say u r 'Responsible' or 'In charege' or 'you own' for your technical deliverable to the customer?

Qn : Can you be a good team player ? Ans wered as : Yes. I can Be. Interviewer : So u mean You can be but you wont. Huh?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not relevant to my core competency - Device based role.
Less salary offered.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to the position in June and received an email in July that I was selected for the next procedure which I will be informed about in the middle of August. I invited to HR interview with a 3rd party company. The interview was good and the HR told me that he will suggest me. I invited to manager interview at Ericsson 1 month later. After manager interview they wanted me to take a test in October. After the test they wanted to make a second manager interview as a second opinion. The process ended in November which I was informed that the recruitment process has been cancelled and therefore they could not opportunity to offer me a position.

Interview Question – Interviews are mostly personality and team skills oriented. The Java test I took was difficult containing many advanced topics also.   Answer Question