Ericsson-Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.8

Technical Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is pretty simple. HR representative will contact you and ask whether you would like to be interviewed. Then they will schedule interviews in sequence. There will be an initial phone interview and then 1:1 interview and a final round of interview

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

Over the course of three weeks, had 2 phone interviews with a VP and a team member. Questions were mostly behavioral, centered around using a specific program. "Give me a situation where you used ... to ..." and etc. Heard back in 2 week's time and on-boarded the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have standard pay for UG and G

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Gave my resume through my friend and i got a interview in a week. Easy process. First hiring manager had a phone interview and asked me to meet personally with 5 engineers. Phone interview was going through the resume and understand what i did. The 5 engineers talked to me one by one. All people were humble during the interview. The interview questions were mainly related to my previous projects, some question on data structure i implemented previously, stack and queue.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in October 2014.

Interview

Got a call from a Manager for a phone interview.
    Round 1: Phone interview with the manager. Scanned and discussed every point mentioned in the resume. Asked basic networking concepts.
    Round 2: Coding in C (gave an option between arrays and linked lists) plus some OS concepts
    Round 3: Networking-scenario based questions, mainly on routing algorithms

Extended an offer after 3 weeks. Interview process was smooth. HR is pretty cool and cooperative.

Negotiation

Interns have a fix salary.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

The interview went well. The only concern was my lack of ample customer facing experience. I explained the customer experience that I had and the person taking the interview appeared content. But then again can not be sure unless we get an acceptance or offer from the company. Key thing to note to make sure that you prove the extensive experience that you have with the customer. Another thing that will definitely help is the references from other project managers.

Interview Questions

• Give references from other Project Managers.   1 Answer

Solution Integrator Interview

Interview

I had appeared for the role of Solution Integrator and My skill was QTP Automation. The interview was in two phases: 1. Technical and 2. HR round, Technical round taken was good. I was able to answer most of the qtp related questions. Some questions on Unix and Putty was not answered by me. But I got through the technical round very easily.
    The HR round was just a formality where-in discussion about salary, salary break-up etc happened.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (San Jose, CA).

Interview

They were fast on getting me on site. But they did not get back to me about the result even though I asked via emails. They should be kind enough to get back to me since I spent more than 3 hours on site. Questions were mostly focusing on my soft skills like how I could handle conflicts and what is my experience about interfacing with high level managers etc..

Lead Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

Hiring manager makes a phone call to go through phone screening. Once she/he likes you, you will receive a call within a week from HR to have another rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? How would you create value to my organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was internal move so not much to negotiate.

Research Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I contacted an alumni from my university who was particularly looking to fill a position in his team (that he manages and leads). He replied to me in a couple of hours and scheduled a phone chat for the very next day. The chat was only about my work and the role he was looking to fill. I described my PhD research and the key was to describe it at a high level which he could comprehend. I did a very good job of this. He asked me to send him ONE article that I am fond of about my work which he wished to share with his team. In a subsequent email I did that and he concurrently scheduled an on onsite interview for me.

The onsite interview revolved around my presentation. In my talk, I described my PhD work. The key was to balance the high level ideas and the details at the right level and I did a great job. The talk was very well taken and evinced lots of interaction. I could get the audience interested in my work. Many of the following individual interview revolved around my presentation.

I had five one-on-one interviews following my presentation. None of the them were like quizzes. None of them involved any knowledge based questions. All the interviewers who were interested in judging me only asked me questions on my work and my presentation. For any PhD student, these were pretty straightforward and easy.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

initially had a phone interview. About 2 weeks later,i got called in for an in person interview. general questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Very friendly, very enthusiastic hiring managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-negotiable.