Ericsson-Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

One phone call from HR, then he/she will set up the interview process and two round of technical interview. During the interview process HR including interviewer helped me a lot to know the company process and formalities.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

Applied through a job board. Contacted within 24 hours by HR and onsite interview was scheduled.
    The interview consisted of four people. Questions were mostly technical, but also included the standard questions that are asked at almost every interview.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Referred by other friends, was telephone interview then face to face interview on site.
    Was really good impression on their focus and being happy to get chance for on site interview.

Interview Questions

• some tech background checking, then process and mainly focus on experience open questions, to check if an dhow will you do it in such of situation. it need you to show how experienced in these situation.   Answer Question

Product Developer/Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through online job advertisement on their website for misssisauga location and they contacted me for onsite assessment test. I went there and they asked me to write a test on paper. they have test prepared for each position.

Interview Questions

• The test is supposed to be one hour but it is hard if you don't know Java. I struggled through coding questions related to stack in Java, Heiarchical Tree Node implementation and SQL queries comparing to two different tables with date constraints.   Answer Question

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Noida (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

The process is challenging enough to show you your competancy. Interviews are conducted by senior employees or managers and they are almost always sure what do they need to look in a person as per the requirements. i was actually sitting in front of five managers during my last stage of the interview and then hired when they were convinced enough.

Interview Questions

• They may ask anything related to your profile. Personally I didn't have any unexpacted question in my interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I was a fresher back then.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (San Jose, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online on their website. Was contacted by their campus recruiter asking a certain set of HR related questions. Replied with my answers immediately. The recruiter got it touch very soon saying one of their teams was interested in interviewing me. The interview was via Skype and was difficult. They expected the interns to know a lot, and rather than have them learn after getting the position, and to gain experience, it was more of an exam

Interview Questions

• Certain coding questions, even though I specifically mentioned that im a novice   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

I had to go through two interviews. First with my manager and a HR representative. There were lots of behavioral type of questions in the interview. It lasted about one and a half hours. Once passed the first interview, a second interview was called with the Finance Director. It was not so difficult. FD was convinced once he understood my interest to work for the company and my skills to be successful in the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you were not in agreement with your line manager, and what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Two things I have negotiated for once I received the offer later- a) Joining date (I wanted to join bit late as I needed few more time to comply with my notice period); and b) Increase of base salary.

They agreed with my 1st negotiation, but there were no room for them to increase the base as I was offered the maximum of their budget for the position.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (DFW, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

1) Applied directly to company based on job posting on company's website
    2) Initial screening interview with HR by phone
    3) Two face to face interviews with hiring manager and peer
    4) Face to face with SVP

Interview Questions

• How will you handle the transition from Aerospace and Defense to Telecommunications sector   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

I got the offer from Ericsson India Global Ltd. (Hope its part of Ericcson worldwide). The job was especially for Netscaler proficiency.

Round 1 : In depth qns on Netscaler device and basic (I'd say a bit more than just basic qns.). 40% into networking and 60% into Netscaler device.

Round 2 : Another round which had out and out netscaler qns.

Round 3 : Third round on Netscaler tech. qns. (The interviewer called me and told - I'm not sure if u had any tech. interviews already with EGIL. But let me ask some qns :-) ). Interviewer explained about the job role and the project which I would be joining.

All three above - were telephonic.

Round 4 - Face to Face Managerial Interview : qns like - how will commit SLA for a network? How to calculate uptime to maximum accuracy? Some tricky qns like would you say u r 'Responsible' or 'In charege' or 'you own' for your technical deliverable to the customer?

Round 5 - Final HR round - About notice period and salary.

Interview Questions

• Would you say u r 'Responsible' or 'In charege' or 'you own' for your technical deliverable to the customer?

Qn : Can you be a good team player ? Ans wered as : Yes. I can Be. Interviewer : So u mean You can be but you wont. Huh?

Answer Question

Not relevant to my core competency - Device based role.
    Less salary offered.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in September 2013.

Interview

I applied to the position in June and received an email in July that I was selected for the next procedure which I will be informed about in the middle of August. I invited to HR interview with a 3rd party company. The interview was good and the HR told me that he will suggest me. I invited to manager interview at Ericsson 1 month later. After manager interview they wanted me to take a test in October. After the test they wanted to make a second manager interview as a second opinion. The process ended in November which I was informed that the recruitment process has been cancelled and therefore they could not opportunity to offer me a position.

Interview Questions

• Interviews are mostly personality and team skills oriented. The Java test I took was difficult containing many advanced topics also.   Answer Question