Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Solution Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Initial Screening (multiple) over phone, then face to face interview and medical

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they exploit you if you are moving from other countries. HR don't follow any salary benchmarking and they offer you lowest as you are coming from other countries. both hiring manager and HR don't value your experience while setting the salary

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Step 1 was to fill out an "online CV" type thing on the Ericsson careers website. (An account on this website need to be created)

About a week later I received a phone call from some HR staff in Ericsson asking me a few basic questions (education, certifications, willing to travel to the company for an on site interview). By the end of the phone call I had an interview set up for the following week.

The interview itself consisted of a 45 minute technical test followed immediately by a typical interview with 3 members of staff. (a HR person, a senior engineer, a manager (not necessarily your future manager) )

The technical test consisted of 10 questions. Approx 6 code questions where you are given snippets of Java code and you must determine the output, and about 4 theory questions where you must explain various practices such as polymorphism, coupling, cohesion etc etc.

The interview lasted about an hour with each member of the 'panel' asking different types of questions.
    The HR person naturally asked the "interests and hobbies", "Why should we hire you", "Why do you want to work for us" kinda stuff,

Interview Questions
    • The engineer asked more technical questions such as how would you implement X into Y kinda stuff and various theory questions relating to Java and MySQL.

The manager asked questions like "With the use of the whiteboard, explain a project you recently worked on/completed", Asked questions about what was on my CV, and wanted me to give examples of me participating in teamwork activities and how did i compromise with other people etc etc.

About 10 days later I got a call saying that they liked what they saw and wanted to send me down a contract to review and sign. Overall it was a pleasant and speedy interview process

Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Same general process as many. Usually starts with a simple interview to verify "fit to position" along with an HR ethos interview. HR only look at the employee as a person while management is looking for fit.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athlone (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athlone (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in February 2012.

I had submitted the CV though a job site, got email after couple of months, 1 phone interview, 1 face to face interview and skill test, 1 medical test, phone call for offering.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of skill related questions, networking protocols, DPI tools, programming skills, time management etc.   Answer Question

Master Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baile Átha Luain (Ireland)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in December 2011.

I got an interview offer throug Addeco agency.

Both phone interview and on site interview were late, which made me nervous.
    On the phone they collected data about my experience and technical expertise.

On site interview with hiring manager, developer an HR personel went ok. There was no "smart" riddles and no "personality profiling" questions. I was talked about my last project. They seemed quite satisfied with me.

Few weeks after interview they notifiied agency that I left them with a good imression, but that I'm not enough senior for that position and don't have enough experience.

They could have told me that before traveling to Ireland, since they knew everything about my past experience from my CV and phone interview. It would save us both from wasting time. Also, they were a bit slow regarding reimbursement of travel expenses, so I had to remind them couple of times before they paid in full.

Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in November 2010.

interview, make presentation

Principal CPM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in July 2009.

Two Interviews - Commonly - First being the most critical in ascertaining experience and capabilities - second is more formal in company philosophy and ways of working.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a difficult situation and your way of successfully mitigating the problem.   Answer Question
    Salary, Terms, Timeline, Relocation package

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in July 2009.

First off let me state that this interview was for a Co-op (work experience) position. I applied via Ericsson's own Co-op placement site. I heard back from them within about 3-4 weeks and got summoned for an interview. The panel consisted of one HR person and one engineer. The tone was relaxed, a lot of the questions and chat was general. The environment was professional but at the same time relaxed. The interview lasted 45 minutes and they rang me the next morning to tell me i got the position

Interview Questions
    • What method do you use when creating a program.   View Answer
    • Give an example of a time when you had a conflict with a workmate.   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate as it was a Co-op position

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in September 2008.

it starts with phone interview with the line manager, and an HR representative. the interview, at high level probes if the applicant has suitable background, and check his integrity. after passing the phone interview, the applicant will be invited for af ace to face interview, where the line manager and HR representative will engage in more in depth discussions about the applicant experience.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult question was about about my previous employer, which was a well known locally/regionally in my home country/region but not at global level.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baile Átha Luain (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in April 2008.

I was relocating from USA back to Ireland, and was interested in a job in the midlands of Ireland. Phone interviewed while still in USA, and then interviewed on-site in Ericsson Athlone. The position was somewhat outside my field of expertise, as I was a more low-level hardware/firmware programmer, and they were looking for a database, SQL level programmer. Interview was not difficult, mostly talked about my previous experience. A lot of questions about software process, Agile development process, Java, distributed systems.