Ericsson-Worldwide

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in February 2013.

Interview Details – 4 interviews, 2 over the phone, 2 face to face. The most redundant question I was asked is how much money do you require to come work for us. I was asked where in Linux do you change the IP address.

A. # cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
# vi ifcfg-eth0

append or modify the following:
# Intel Corporation 82573E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
DHCPCLASS=
HWADDR=00:30:48:56:A6:2E
IPADDR=10.10.29.66
NETMASK=255.255.255.192
ONBOOT=yes

Save and close the file. Define default gateway (router IP) and hostname in /etc/sysconfig//network file:
# vi /etc/sysconfig/network
Append/modify configuration as follows:
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=www1.nixcraft.in
GATEWAY=10.10.29.65

Save and close the file. Restart networking:
# /etc/init.d/network restart

Make sure you have correct DNS server defined in /etc/resolv.conf file:
# vi /etc/resolv.conf
Setup DNS Server as follows:
nameserver 10.0.80.11
nameserver 10.0.80.12
nameserver 202.67.222.222

Save and close the file. Now you can ping the gateway/other hosts:
$ ping 10.0.80.12
Output:

PING 10.0.80.12 (10.0.80.12) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 10.0.80.12: icmp_seq=1 ttl=251 time=0.972 ms
64 bytes from 10.0.80.12: icmp_seq=2 ttl=251 time=1.11 ms

You can also check for Internet connectivity with nslookup or host command:
$ nslookup cyberciti.biz

Server: 10.0.80.11
Address: 10.0.80.11#53
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: cyberciti.biz
Address: 75.126.43.232

You can also use host command:
$ host nixcraft.in

nixcraft.in has address 75.126.43.232
nixcraft.in mail is handled by 10 mail.nixcraft.in. - Full answer

Interview Question – How to mount a USB in Red hat   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer however I got contacted less than 24 hrs later stating that the postilion was being eliminated and that I was being referred to another position. I have yet to hear from anyone at Ericsson.

Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from HR, He asked few basic questions on my education background. After 2 days got a call back requesting an onsite interview.
Questions were based on my resume and previous work experiences. 1. Real time embedded 2. TCP/IP. 3. Network layer protocols

Interview Question – No unexpected or too difficult questions.   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in May 2011.

Interview Details – Campus placements. It even goes to AMITY University

Interview Question – Technical questions from Project and Industrial training.
Since Interview are taken by EGI employees, do not expect very difficult questions.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing

Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in October 2011.

Interview Details – Just clear the Technical Round. HR round in Ericsson is just a formality where you may find an erratic English speaking guy who would just tell you that they have shifts and all that stuff.

Technical Round had questions from College project And the industrial training.

Interview Question – It was from project which was on Wireless Power transmission.
What Wireless Power transmission may be used for ??
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for a GET.

Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in December 2012.

Interview Details – Two Technical and one HR interview happened for me.Questions based on your work position and depends on recruitment for which you are going to work

Interview Question – How much extra hour you can work in a month.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ya in every company negotiation will happen and its also depends on your location,Position etc

Network Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in June 2010.

Interview Details – every things was great and comfortable and easy

Interview Question – how you can manage ten engineer and technician and meet the KPI at the same time?   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in August 2007.

Interview Details – Technical interview with Manager and two senior engineers. Was asked to talk them through my resume then asked technical questions of moderate difficulty.

Interview Question – How would you advertise a prefix from MPLS VRF to another   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ericsson-Worldwide

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Ericsson-Worldwide Videos

Ericsson-Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society. Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination. Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ericsson-Worldwide Network Engineer interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ericsson-Worldwide employees and interview candidates.