Ericsson-Worldwide

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in August 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring manager interview, HR interview

Interview Question – How to be engaged into the job in case sometimes you are not involved in all the discussions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiatin

Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews with mgmt and then a few on-site interviews as well. It was just a few weeks after I interviewed that I heard back with an offer. There were warning signs regarding job posting and the descriptions from the interviewers that I failed to address. This led to a position that I was not expecting nor what I was seeking. Make sure to get everything in writing if you have questions or doubts.

Interview Question – The questions were straight-forward with no surprises. It was a standard uneventful interviewing process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is very little room for negotiation with Ericsson. They do not have telecommuting or alternate ways of working. Regarding salary, Ericsson is not in line with their competitors and they will tell you it is because of the 100% healthcare coverage (which they love to play up), bonuses, etc., but it is a smokes and mirrors game. If you want considerably more than what you are offered, you will not get it. Unless you are comfortable with the offered base salary amount (not the bonuses or raises), do not accept the position.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in July 2012.

Interview Details – 1 interview with hiring manager, one with his/her boss and one with the director of operations for which you will work.
Ericsson has a matrix structure so usually you will report to more than one manager.They do take a lot of time until they confirm your are accepted, so it takes more than 30 days to finish it or more if there are additional signatures needed.
they need technical and financial backgrounds so be sure you mention that in your interview.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a project where you went over budget and explain how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much to negotiate, they are looking for your last salary-they ask proof and they offer you about 10% more.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in November 2010.

Interview Details – My original contact was through an employee recommendation and I posted an online application via the Ericsson web site. Ericsson HR contacted me within a week and a phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled within 48 hours of my initial contact with HR.

At the time of the interview, I learned that they were looking for prior experience installing cell tower sites – and my experience was with wireless / wireline network infrastructure projects - but not specific to cell tower construction and turn-up. Both the interviewer and I reached the conclusion that based on their needs; this job was not a good fit. I did not move any further through the interview process.

During my interview interactions with Ericsson, all of the individuals I interacted with were both professional and personable.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. The interviewer in a very conversational manner was able to obtain all the information needed to make their assessments.   Answer Question

Plano, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in March 2010.

Interview Details – HR is unorganized. You get handed-off from one recruiter to another and they don't inform you what's going on without being asked because they all think someone else is keeping you up to date.
Overall, a miserable interview process, but great company to work for.

Interview Question – How would you handle the situation where the project requirements are ambiguous?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation on salary, vacation, signing bonus, nothing.

Interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide

Interview Details – passed managerial interview then HR interview, within 5 working days the offer is supposed to be sent.

Interview Question – your next 5 years plan   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the weight of the CV will give you a power in negotiations

Interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide

Interview Details – By phone very good interview process.

Interview Question – People managed and several situations that I encounter on my daily joob.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in March 2011.

Interview Details – First was a 30 minute phone interview followed 2 weeks later by a 3 on 1, 1 hour in-person interview. The interview team was very professional and courteous. There was a logistical problem that caused the interview to have a hard cutoff time that did not allow me much time for questions or discussion. Team asked pertinent probing questions but seemed to focus on some narrow areas of interest. I was promised feedback in 2 days but that did not happen for a week and even then I had to push to find out the decision so the recruiting side of the house was somewhat slack and unresponsive.

Interview Question – Actually there were no atypical questions just a somewhat narrow focus.   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in July 2008.

Interview Details – Maximum emphasis was on the Project management skill and competancy

Next to professional experience , the second most important aspect was experience in the similar geography

Salary was equally important in the selection for this profile.

Only one interview was taken and then HR interview was lined up.

HR was very overloaded and they had to reschedule the meeting as HR executive was overoccupied with other work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job ?   Answer Question
  • You have never worked for Wi-Max project , why should we hire you as Project Manager ?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The location offered in the final offer was not matching as per initial discussion with Hiring Manager as they had some differnt business requirement emerging by the time of offer roll-out.

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in February 2010.

Interview Details – the process was well organised and a schedule was provided giving a full program for all activities.

Interview Question – Why would you hire you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ericsson-Worldwide

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Ericsson-Worldwide Videos

Ericsson-Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society. Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination. Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ericsson-Worldwide Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ericsson-Worldwide employees and interview candidates.