Ericsson-Worldwide Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Plano, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

HR is unorganized. You get handed-off from one recruiter to another and they don't inform you what's going on without being asked because they all think someone else is keeping you up to date.
Overall, a miserable interview process, but great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the situation where the project requirements are ambiguous?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on salary, vacation, signing bonus, nothing.

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in March 2011.

Interview

First was a 30 minute phone interview followed 2 weeks later by a 3 on 1, 1 hour in-person interview. The interview team was very professional and courteous. There was a logistical problem that caused the interview to have a hard cutoff time that did not allow me much time for questions or discussion. Team asked pertinent probing questions but seemed to focus on some narrow areas of interest. I was promised feedback in 2 days but that did not happen for a week and even then I had to push to find out the decision so the recruiting side of the house was somewhat slack and unresponsive.

Interview Questions

• Actually there were no atypical questions just a somewhat narrow focus.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager interview, HR interview

Interview Questions

• How to be engaged into the job in case sometimes you are not involved in all the discussions?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiatin

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (San Jose, CA).

Interview

They were fast on getting me on site. But they did not get back to me about the result even though I asked via emails. They should be kind enough to get back to me since I spent more than 3 hours on site. Questions were mostly focusing on my soft skills like how I could handle conflicts and what is my experience about interfacing with high level managers etc..

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

The interview went well. The only concern was my lack of ample customer facing experience. I explained the customer experience that I had and the person taking the interview appeared content. But then again can not be sure unless we get an acceptance or offer from the company. Key thing to note to make sure that you prove the extensive experience that you have with the customer. Another thing that will definitely help is the references from other project managers.

Interview Questions

• Give references from other Project Managers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

They only ask me basic questions nothing hard
    They ask me how long have I been working and what where my plans for the future did I have a goal in life.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years .   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very easy due to the salary offer being very good.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Houston, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

My original contact was through an employee recommendation and I posted an online application via the Ericsson web site. Ericsson HR contacted me within a week and a phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled within 48 hours of my initial contact with HR.

At the time of the interview, I learned that they were looking for prior experience installing cell tower sites – and my experience was with wireless / wireline network infrastructure projects - but not specific to cell tower construction and turn-up. Both the interviewer and I reached the conclusion that based on their needs; this job was not a good fit. I did not move any further through the interview process.

During my interview interactions with Ericsson, all of the individuals I interacted with were both professional and personable.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult or unexpected questions. The interviewer in a very conversational manner was able to obtain all the information needed to make their assessments.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

1 interview with hiring manager, one with his/her boss and one with the director of operations for which you will work.
    Ericsson has a matrix structure so usually you will report to more than one manager.They do take a lot of time until they confirm your are accepted, so it takes more than 30 days to finish it or more if there are additional signatures needed.
    they need technical and financial backgrounds so be sure you mention that in your interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project where you went over budget and explain how you addressed it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much to negotiate, they are looking for your last salary-they ask proof and they offer you about 10% more.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Moscow (Russia)) in December 2008.

Interview

There were several interview sessions. The first was phone conversation with the staffing agency person with subsequent meeting in a few days.
    Then the initial data was transferred to the employer. The feedback went through the staffing agency with the direction to contact the employer's representative. Meeting woth the manager was scheduled.
    That was long conversation with the managers and two professionals.
    I've received the notification in a month.
    After that I've met with the HR and passed intellegence test. The result was ready in a week.
    I've accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Theoretical question from the project management field   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can give your expectations but there are no any opportunity to negotiate - there is fixed (equal) salary strategy.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in June 2010.

Interview

i have applied for a possion and few days later i received call from the company asking me some questions regarding my cv and experiance. few days later they call me again to hae more information then and suatable time for the final interview.