Ericsson-Worldwide Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Gave my resume through my friend and i got a interview in a week. Easy process. First hiring manager had a phone interview and asked me to meet personally with 5 engineers. Phone interview was going through the resume and understand what i did. The 5 engineers talked to me one by one. All people were humble during the interview. The interview questions were mainly related to my previous projects, some question on data structure i implemented previously, stack and queue.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

They were fast on getting me on site. But they did not get back to me about the result even though I asked via emails. They should be kind enough to get back to me since I spent more than 3 hours on site. Questions were mostly focusing on my soft skills like how I could handle conflicts and what is my experience about interfacing with high level managers etc..

Research Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

I contacted an alumni from my university who was particularly looking to fill a position in his team (that he manages and leads). He replied to me in a couple of hours and scheduled a phone chat for the very next day. The chat was only about my work and the role he was looking to fill. I described my PhD research and the key was to describe it at a high level which he could comprehend. I did a very good job of this. He asked me to send him ONE article that I am fond of about my work which he wished to share with his team. In a subsequent email I did that and he concurrently scheduled an on onsite interview for me.

The onsite interview revolved around my presentation. In my talk, I described my PhD work. The key was to balance the high level ideas and the details at the right level and I did a great job. The talk was very well taken and evinced lots of interaction. I could get the audience interested in my work. Many of the following individual interview revolved around my presentation.

I had five one-on-one interviews following my presentation. None of the them were like quizzes. None of them involved any knowledge based questions. All the interviewers who were interested in judging me only asked me questions on my work and my presentation. For any PhD student, these were pretty straightforward and easy.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Great people, very nice. I enjoyed the experience very much. They were bright and asked intelligent questions. The interview process went very quickly and I had an offer within a month. I would recommend this company.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in May 2014.

Gave the resume in the career fair.Contacted by the recruiter for a phone interview where job role was explained.Then 2 rounds of onsite which was fairly behavioral and resume walk through. After a week, offered the role. Fairly and easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know to design a website with php,html and mysql?   Answer Question

Jonior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in April 2014.

On-site Interview. They had 5 round tech interviews, asking for algorithms, knowledge of C and debug questions. Some questions came from Leecode.

Interview Questions
    • Debug questions on C. Writing down all the bugs in the given C code. Relative to global, static, local variables and initializing new storage.   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

telephonic FOLLWED BY 6 rounds of Onsight interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected asked all project related questions.Questions on FSMs,Aorundrobin algorithems.UVM,system verilog,Linkedlists.Register aliasing CPU i/f verification. It is exhaustive be preapre to stay alive till last round :)   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in January 2014.

Applied through college - 2 phone screens - first was general where they asked about basic OOP concepts , big-O, second round was more technical expected to code and let interviewer know over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Binary trees,Binary Search trees and order traversals , different types, algorithms for them , functions   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Pleasant interview process. Typical employer questions.

Compare salary ranges and years of experience with the prevailing rates to make sure you don't get "the short end of the stick".

Software Developer - New College Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in November 2013.

I have been contacted after two weeks from Ericsson for an onsite interview for 3 hr. Initially I had given phone screen interview for 30 min then same day they asked me that they would like invite on site. Questions were straight forward like unix commands, C socket programming questions, networking questions like Ping, ICMP etc. some security related question but all questions were straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • why to use unsigned char to store an IP address as compared to other data types?   View Answer