Ericsson-Worldwide

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in September 2009.

Interview Details – Technical interviews. Personal questions asked mainly in Europe. Be aware of the culture of the company.

Interview Question – Technical questions tend to be in detail.   Answer Question

Durham, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in May 2007.

Interview Details – I found a contract house online, called Aerotek, and they set up an interview for me with Ericsson. Aerotek was very supportive, meeting with me before the interview with some words of wisdom and whatnot. The interview for Ericsson involved several separate interviews by the members of the group I was interviewing to join (it was a small group, but it seems to be the standard here to have several people interview a candidate).
The group had a variety of people, with some things that were repeated with each person, and only a few things that were only hit on by particular individuals. Everyone wanted to know what was important to me about the workplace. One person gave me a logic test, which I enjoyed because I like logic problems.
The office is pretty lax, most people wear jeans, though, I still would not advise jeans for interview apparel. There's several areas in this particular office, meaning even if you start out with one job, there's a couple areas to move around to, but they are all telecommunications, so there's the software, the hardware, the testing, the research, and so on, but all about phones.
My particular branch is becoming part of a joint venture with ST, so the culture may adapt some in the future, but it will likely stay very much the same.

Interview Question – I had not expected to be asked logic questions, which made me nervous. The first one was a weigh nine items on a balancing scale to find the odd one out in the fewest scale uses   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – As a student straight out of college, using a contract house, I did no negotiating.

Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in January 2011.

Interview Details – 2 levels of technical interview -->1 tehno-managerial round -->HR round

Interview Question – They asked about some solutions for a integration problem between Content Management and TIBCO ESB.
after joining I found that this was the problem in project and still unimplemented till my joining
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR round was so bad and the person was not ready to bargain. I would recommend that please be rigid to your expectations. If HR feels that you can negotiate on your expecctation they will just lower their CTC they are offering

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview Details – 1 hour skill test + Direct face-to-face interview, followed by Managerial round. No HR interview.

Interview Question – Routine questions on String reversal and threads. Interviewer was an avg guy.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer
Baile Átha Luain (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in April 2008.

Interview Details – I was relocating from USA back to Ireland, and was interested in a job in the midlands of Ireland. Phone interviewed while still in USA, and then interviewed on-site in Ericsson Athlone. The position was somewhat outside my field of expertise, as I was a more low-level hardware/firmware programmer, and they were looking for a database, SQL level programmer. Interview was not difficult, mostly talked about my previous experience. A lot of questions about software process, Agile development process, Java, distributed systems.

Interview Question – Explain the software development process.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ericsson-Worldwide

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Ericsson-Worldwide Videos

Ericsson-Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society. Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination. Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ericsson-Worldwide Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ericsson-Worldwide employees and interview candidates.