Ericsson-Worldwide

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in May 2007.

I found a contract house online, called Aerotek, and they set up an interview for me with Ericsson. Aerotek was very supportive, meeting with me before the interview with some words of wisdom and whatnot. The interview for Ericsson involved several separate interviews by the members of the group I was interviewing to join (it was a small group, but it seems to be the standard here to have several people interview a candidate).
The group had a variety of people, with some things that were repeated with each person, and only a few things that were only hit on by particular individuals. Everyone wanted to know what was important to me about the workplace. One person gave me a logic test, which I enjoyed because I like logic problems.
The office is pretty lax, most people wear jeans, though, I still would not advise jeans for interview apparel. There's several areas in this particular office, meaning even if you start out with one job, there's a couple areas to move around to, but they are all telecommunications, so there's the software, the hardware, the testing, the research, and so on, but all about phones.
My particular branch is becoming part of a joint venture with ST, so the culture may adapt some in the future, but it will likely stay very much the same.

Interview Questions
  • I had not expected to be asked logic questions, which made me nervous. The first one was a weigh nine items on a balancing scale to find the odd one out in the fewest scale uses   View Answers (3)
As a student straight out of college, using a contract house, I did no negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baile Átha Luain (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baile Átha Luain (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in April 2008.

I was relocating from USA back to Ireland, and was interested in a job in the midlands of Ireland. Phone interviewed while still in USA, and then interviewed on-site in Ericsson Athlone. The position was somewhat outside my field of expertise, as I was a more low-level hardware/firmware programmer, and they were looking for a database, SQL level programmer. Interview was not difficult, mostly talked about my previous experience. A lot of questions about software process, Agile development process, Java, distributed systems.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in January 2011.

2 levels of technical interview -->1 tehno-managerial round -->HR round

Interview Questions
    • They asked about some solutions for a integration problem between Content Management and TIBCO ESB.
      after joining I found that this was the problem in project and still unimplemented till my joining
        Answer Question
    HR round was so bad and the person was not ready to bargain. I would recommend that please be rigid to your expectations. If HR feels that you can negotiate on your expecctation they will just lower their CTC they are offering

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in September 2009.

Technical interviews. Personal questions asked mainly in Europe. Be aware of the culture of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Gave my resume through my friend and i got a interview in a week. Easy process. First hiring manager had a phone interview and asked me to meet personally with 5 engineers. Phone interview was going through the resume and understand what i did. The 5 engineers talked to me one by one. All people were humble during the interview. The interview questions were mainly related to my previous projects, some question on data structure i implemented previously, stack and queue.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

1 hour skill test + Direct face-to-face interview, followed by Managerial round. No HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • Routine questions on String reversal and threads. Interviewer was an avg guy.   View Answer