Ericsson-Worldwide Service Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.6

Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Bangalore (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

long process
Technical
HR

Everything about Telecom and networking is asked

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in May 2009.

Interview

Group interview; around 12 candidates were divided into two teams to discuss specific topics; every team elect the leader to do the final presentation; at last, everyone should do self evaluation and conclusion.

Interview Questions

• What is your role is the team? What is your suggestion accepted by the team? How did you evaluate your performance?   Answer Question

Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Noida (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

The process is challenging enough to show you your competancy. Interviews are conducted by senior employees or managers and they are almost always sure what do they need to look in a person as per the requirements. i was actually sitting in front of five managers during my last stage of the interview and then hired when they were convinced enough.

Interview Questions

• They may ask anything related to your profile. Personally I didn't have any unexpacted question in my interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I was a fresher back then.

Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received email for interview after 2 weeks. The first interview was behavioural interview. I was asked plenty of questions from my CV, my past projects and experiences. After this, I received another email for a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself; Past projects; Network fundamentals - TCP/UDP, networking commands - ping, tcpdump; basic linux commands. A couple of questions of telecom network architecture: how handover works, what is mobile IP?

The experience was nice. They made me feel quite comfortable.

Answer Question

Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Coventry, England (UK)) in August 2009.

Interview

Had applied to the position through one of the job boards and got selected for an interview. The interview was conducted with several other shortlist candidate who were applying for the same position.
    Everyone had like team building exercise and 2 interviews one with HR and one with technical manager.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was what different type of extension image file can have. I had no clue so I just said that I don't know the answer, which was fine.

what are my weak plus points and what are my weak points. It easy to explain plus points but explaining weak points are difficult

Answer Question

Negotiation

as the job was handled through recruiting agency, they were the only point of contact for negotiation. but we could negotiate on salary and relocation package.
    I would recommend to negotiate salary as much as possible at the start as it is not possilble to negotiate salary later on.

Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

first interview is the phone technical interview and the second one is the face to face interview with senior technical expert in the team and the manager of the team and the third one also the last one is the HR interview.

Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in June 2012.

Interview

My interview session takes place quickly with 3 interviewer; 1 from management (HR), 1 is my Line Manager candidate, and 1 is Project Manager that become my direct manager now.

Interview Questions

• Overall the questions is predictable, one question that they ask about but I can't answer is when they ask about the RAN area which is not my domain knowledge, but it's OK because they just trying to test my knowledge out from my domain area.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is like a conversation between me and the manager discussing about my experience that related to my job desc if I accepted in Ericsson

Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Jakarta (Indonesia)).

Interview

CV is submitted by email, I send it directly to the user since my friend recommend me to him.
    Initial Communication: the user (head of division), 2 days after i sent the email
    Process:
    interview with the user (1 day after the user called me)
    interview with the HR (in the same day with the user)
    Psychology Test: 2 days after the interview

Offering letter: 10 days after the psychology test
    Health test: in the same week

Total from the first process only took approximately 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel about being a female engineer?   1 Answer

Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in September 2011.

Interview

Generally advertisements are put up when a post is vacant. Look for it and apply - if you have the right background/similar experience then you are most likely to be called for an interview in 2-3weeks from the time that you applied. Mainly I had two technical rounds and 1HR round. There too, the first one had almost all the technical/job-related questions. The second one was a mix of testing technical skills + personality. The HR round is totally concentrated on your personal choice of the company, the company details etc.

Interview Questions

• For me, my last round was the toughest - the HR lady asked me about business etiquette and how I thought I would fit in the company and went about asking more and more questions around the same topic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation happened.

Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Rome (Italy)) in August 2008.

Interview

The first part of the inteview was with HR people. They asked questions to understand who you were. They asked about availability to travel abroad for a long time and to difficult countries as well (they could come up with examples, say Nigeria, Angola, Algeria, Lybia). A no is not a good answer... The it came the technical interview where they asked several questions to make sure you have a solid university background. No undergraduate would ever be considered for a job in this company nowadays.

Interview Questions

• Nyquist–Shannon sampling theorem   1 Answer
    • Carrier system (digital and analog lines), which frequencies are used and so on...   1 Answer
    • Ethernet/IP basics and fundamentals about switches and routers   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed. The salary was fixed, take or leave. I had no other job coming up so I accepted.