Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated Jun 1, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in October 2012.

Ericsson had come to my college for a job fair and I had spoken to one of the people there and submitted my resume. Everyone else at the job fair just asked us to apply online. I wasn't really expecting to be called by anyone at all, as I was looking for a Spring internship and everyone, with the exception of Ericsson, was hiring only either immediately or in Summer.

Anyway, the HR from Ericsson emailed me and asked me if I was free for an interview. I replied in the affirmative and didn't hear from them for a while. I then called them up and left a voice mail, after which things got moving relatively quickly. I was sent the job profile and it seemed to match me perfectly and in a day or two of further communication, an interview date was set with documents for the onboarding process included as well.

On the day of the interview, I arrived about 20 minutes early and was asked to wait. The lobby seemed quite slick and the people were all dressed in formals - not something I had expected in a California office, especially since it had been a really hot day that day. After about 5 minutes, I was called and the lady who was interviewing me met me in the lobby and took me up to one of the conference rooms.

She said she had been really busy and so hadn't really prepared a list of questions as such to ask me. I just smiled and didn't really know what to expect. Turns out, it was really more like a conversation than anything else. She just asked what my interests were, what my future plans were etc. After some time, her manager entered. I got a bit nervous, but turns out that he was pretty chill too. The interview continued along in the same vein and there really were no technical questions asked. It was more like they wanted to know if I was interested in learning new things. After about an hour of this conversation-interview, they said that they had nothing else for me, and that the HR would contact me in a few days.

After a few days, I got a follow up email and then there was no communication for an entire week. A week later, another HR rep called me and said that there was no one else interviewed after me as the team was busy, but that they would be interviewed soon and that I would know in 2 weeks time. Sure enough, in 2 weeks on the dot, I got a call saying that I was in and that they would contact me again with more details.

I was really happy and relieved as not many people hire for Spring in the Bay Area.

Interview Questions
  • There were no technical questions asked, but they were more interested in knowing my thought process and how I would go about solving a problem - any problem, in general, how would I solve it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in January 2014.

I mailed my resume to consultancy and then call me and cross check my academic details. after 7 days they called and said i am selected for internship at Ericsson Global services, gurgaon.

Interview Questions
    • they did'nt ask any question just checked confirmed my acadmic details on phone.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in April 2012.

This was for an internship. It was about an hour long 30 minutes of behavioral questions and 30 minutes of technical. The technical questions were pretty difficult at the time, These were the questions from what I remember:
    What is a DNS Query?
    List the following operating systems in order of discovery?
    What type of exception is thrown when this event occurs?

Interview Questions
    • List the following operating systems in order of discovery?   Answer Question

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!