Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated Jan 5, 2015

2.9

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in September 2010.

The process was pretty straightforward. I applied for several positions on the job page. The recruiting agency had contacted me and arrange a set of tests. After passing those test the line manager invited me on an 1:1 interview, explained the position, the work in general and then asked me about my previous experience. I even had to go into very technical details while explaining my recent work.

Interview Questions
There was no chance to negotiate. The manager had a non-negotiable "take it or leave it" salary offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Ericsson-Worldwide

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in September 2013.

I applied to the position in June and received an email in July that I was selected for the next procedure which I will be informed about in the middle of August. I invited to HR interview with a 3rd party company. The interview was good and the HR told me that he will suggest me. I invited to manager interview at Ericsson 1 month later. After manager interview they wanted me to take a test in October. After the test they wanted to make a second manager interview as a second opinion. The process ended in November which I was informed that the recruitment process has been cancelled and therefore they could not opportunity to offer me a position.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews are mostly personality and team skills oriented. The Java test I took was difficult containing many advanced topics also.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in August 2012.

Normally there will be 3 rounds of interviews.
    1. Technical round
    2. Managerial round
    3. HR round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in December 2010.

Initial Communication, Telephonic Interview, three rounds and one HR

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in December 2013.

They visited our college in 3 rd Slot so more that 80% guy was selected so it was opened to all. Look i really don't like TCS or Capgemini so i didn't sit in there placement.
    It was so hectic from morning 8 AM to 10 PM and they allowed only half and hour to eat lunch. That was not possible because where our university is located there was no food stall or nothing we have to walk 2km to get anything and this was my first interview so i have no idea.
    There was 4 phases of hiring process

1. Quantitative, Verbal and Analytical Test which was run by Cocubes.com question was moderate and time was so short. I could barely have any time for calculation it was 45 question and 45 mins each section consists 15 marks and there was no negative marks so that means high sectional cutoff i think it was 9 because out of 400 only 80 survived.

2. Then there was GD round. And Topic Was unexpected we had no option " Reality show is boon or curse of a child's life". 10 peoples grouped into 6 and coordinator gave us 10 min to prepare. After that 30 min debate and then he give every one exactly 5 min to tell if we against it or we support it why. Then after that he gives a comment ask every one to contradict himself . If you said against it he gives you a comment opposite and you have to contradict himself. And There no gibberish is allowed the person was hothead. 10 gone in this process.

3. Then there was the toughest part Technical Interview. Believe be you have to prepare for everything those people gonna freak you out . IT was 1 hour/person duration and they will ask any subject you have learned from 1st to 4 th year. maybe it will be Data Structure or any language. Look they are highly technical people. that should not be problem if you know only 1 language but you must have crystal clear idea in it. you will be bombarding with questions in Compiler , Automata , OS , Algorithm ,digital ,Microprocessor network dbms anything. After that round very few eligible to next HR round.The Technical guy was so happy with my performance and he handshaking with me and tell he was glad to meet people like me. I am not GEEK and it was not possible for anyone to answer all those technical question . Here is MY SECRET that is honesty. I just straightly answered him that i dont know those i really didnt know without any hesitation and my research is telling me that 8 out of 10 rejected because they hesitate to tell the truth they think that will be disadvantage. I dont think so after Ericsson i have attended at least 5 placement process 5 went what i thought. SO BE HONEST those people recruit 1000 of people like you they get paid for that.This round only 24 survived.

4. That was Funny and most interesting and a bit tricky. HR will test your english and you intention of future if you said anything about higher education you're out. They will ask every kind of question no matter it may be personal may be politics may be anything .HR ask me abot my girlfriend i said i dont have why i dont have why i want to do in future what is my likely food and what music i like. Sometimes i was in confusion i thought it was dating of course HR was a lovely lady and beware of trap.

then they announce the result there was 20 people and luckily i was in it.

It was Campus interview so no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in February 2014.

written test followed by Group discussion then technical round and hr

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

In the first round you have to write a 1-3 hour long technical test in 1-4 areas you know well: Linux, C, C++, Java, IP, Telecom, Assembly, HW, etc. The second round was a 2-3 hour long intelligence and personality/psychological test. The third round was the interview itself. It was more about the previous developing experiences and personality, than technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • I had to recognize possible dead/live locks in java code examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in August 2010.

1 phone screen and 5 one-on interviews.. Interview was conducted by potential tem members.. Most of the questions were technical realted to the job.. Questions on linked list, and other common networking questions.. Interviewers were very helpful in giving out the hints and helping out while stuck.. They want to know how much we know about what we say we know!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in January 2009.

Only one interview. The questions were not difficult. It will help if one has experience in communication, which I did not have. Other questions are just social to test personality. It seems like a very friendly and professional work place.

Interview Questions
    • I do not recall any difficult question. It would be helpful to get that position if one had experience in telecommunication.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in July 2011.

The interview was not very hard I think. It mainly includes questions about data structure and algorithms, for example, one was about how to find if there exists circle in a linked list and write code for it, another one was about quick sort.
    Some other questions are about c and c++ grammers, for example, static or object oriented programming. Also, design pattern was asked.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why TCP will remain alive for 2 round times.   Answer Question