Ericsson-Worldwide

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in September 2010.

Interview Details – The process was pretty straightforward. I applied for several positions on the job page. The recruiting agency had contacted me and arrange a set of tests. After passing those test the line manager invited me on an 1:1 interview, explained the position, the work in general and then asked me about my previous experience. I even had to go into very technical details while explaining my recent work.

Interview Question – Describe your previous project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no chance to negotiate. The manager had a non-negotiable "take it or leave it" salary offer.

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to the position in June and received an email in July that I was selected for the next procedure which I will be informed about in the middle of August. I invited to HR interview with a 3rd party company. The interview was good and the HR told me that he will suggest me. I invited to manager interview at Ericsson 1 month later. After manager interview they wanted me to take a test in October. After the test they wanted to make a second manager interview as a second opinion. The process ended in November which I was informed that the recruitment process has been cancelled and therefore they could not opportunity to offer me a position.

Interview Question – Interviews are mostly personality and team skills oriented. The Java test I took was difficult containing many advanced topics also.   Answer Question

Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview Details – In the first round you have to write a 1-3 hour long technical test in 1-4 areas you know well: Linux, C, C++, Java, IP, Telecom, Assembly, HW, etc. The second round was a 2-3 hour long intelligence and personality/psychological test. The third round was the interview itself. It was more about the previous developing experiences and personality, than technical knowledge.

Interview Question – I had to recognize possible dead/live locks in java code examples.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in August 2010.

Interview Details – 1 phone screen and 5 one-on interviews.. Interview was conducted by potential tem members.. Most of the questions were technical realted to the job.. Questions on linked list, and other common networking questions.. Interviewers were very helpful in giving out the hints and helping out while stuck.. They want to know how much we know about what we say we know!

Interview Question – About thread switching in Linux kernel..   Answer Question

Westbury, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in January 2009.

Interview Details – Only one interview. The questions were not difficult. It will help if one has experience in communication, which I did not have. Other questions are just social to test personality. It seems like a very friendly and professional work place.

Interview Question – I do not recall any difficult question. It would be helpful to get that position if one had experience in telecommunication.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in December 2010.

Interview Details – Initial Communication, Telephonic Interview, three rounds and one HR

Interview Question – Mobile Telephone Call Flow   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in December 2013.

Interview Details – They visited our college in 3 rd Slot so more that 80% guy was selected so it was opened to all. Look i really don't like TCS or Capgemini so i didn't sit in there placement.
It was so hectic from morning 8 AM to 10 PM and they allowed only half and hour to eat lunch. That was not possible because where our university is located there was no food stall or nothing we have to walk 2km to get anything and this was my first interview so i have no idea.
There was 4 phases of hiring process

1. Quantitative, Verbal and Analytical Test which was run by Cocubes.com question was moderate and time was so short. I could barely have any time for calculation it was 45 question and 45 mins each section consists 15 marks and there was no negative marks so that means high sectional cutoff i think it was 9 because out of 400 only 80 survived.

2. Then there was GD round. And Topic Was unexpected we had no option " Reality show is boon or curse of a child's life". 10 peoples grouped into 6 and coordinator gave us 10 min to prepare. After that 30 min debate and then he give every one exactly 5 min to tell if we against it or we support it why. Then after that he gives a comment ask every one to contradict himself . If you said against it he gives you a comment opposite and you have to contradict himself. And There no gibberish is allowed the person was hothead. 10 gone in this process.

3. Then there was the toughest part Technical Interview. Believe be you have to prepare for everything those people gonna freak you out . IT was 1 hour/person duration and they will ask any subject you have learned from 1st to 4 th year. maybe it will be Data Structure or any language. Look they are highly technical people. that should not be problem if you know only 1 language but you must have crystal clear idea in it. you will be bombarding with questions in Compiler , Automata , OS , Algorithm ,digital ,Microprocessor network dbms anything. After that round very few eligible to next HR round.The Technical guy was so happy with my performance and he handshaking with me and tell he was glad to meet people like me. I am not GEEK and it was not possible for anyone to answer all those technical question . Here is MY SECRET that is honesty. I just straightly answered him that i dont know those i really didnt know without any hesitation and my research is telling me that 8 out of 10 rejected because they hesitate to tell the truth they think that will be disadvantage. I dont think so after Ericsson i have attended at least 5 placement process 5 went what i thought. SO BE HONEST those people recruit 1000 of people like you they get paid for that.This round only 24 survived.

4. That was Funny and most interesting and a bit tricky. HR will test your english and you intention of future if you said anything about higher education you're out. They will ask every kind of question no matter it may be personal may be politics may be anything .HR ask me abot my girlfriend i said i dont have why i dont have why i want to do in future what is my likely food and what music i like. Sometimes i was in confusion i thought it was dating of course HR was a lovely lady and beware of trap.

then they announce the result there was 20 people and luckily i was in it.

Negotiation Details – It was Campus interview so no negotiation

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was not very hard I think. It mainly includes questions about data structure and algorithms, for example, one was about how to find if there exists circle in a linked list and write code for it, another one was about quick sort.
Some other questions are about c and c++ grammers, for example, static or object oriented programming. Also, design pattern was asked.

Interview Question – I was asked why TCP will remain alive for 2 round times.   Answer Question

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in October 2012.

Interview Details – test was easy.but have to do fast.group discussion was of recent topics.the interview was technical and then the hr interview

Interview Question – why ericsson...and about technical questions   Answer Question

Calcutta (India)

Interview Details – the online test was easy.the test had apptitude and technical questions.the group discussion included most recent topics.the interview included the technical and the hr part.

Interview Question – the technical questions were touf.it were mostly on electronics and c   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nil

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ericsson-Worldwide

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Ericsson-Worldwide Videos

Ericsson-Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society. Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination. Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ericsson-Worldwide Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ericsson-Worldwide employees and interview candidates.