Erie Insurance Group Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Erie, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Erie Insurance Group.

Filled out an application online, and a month later received a phone call/email inviting me to an interview. Prior to the interview, they had me take an AVA test. When I got to the interview, the first thing I did was take a typing test to measure WPM. Then, I interviewed alone with an HR rep. As another interviewee has said on Glassdoor, I did find it a bit weird that they handed me a packet of benefits information during the interview since I'm not an employee there (yet). I also interviewed with the supervisors of the department that I would be working with. All in all, the interview itself took about an hour and a half.

Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Erie Insurance Group in June 2013.

It was a pretty typical interview. I had two older ladies take me to a side room in which they asked me all of the basic questions. None of the questions really were too out there and were pretty standard. The only thing I didn't care for too much was that each of them acted very robotic with no sense of emotion to them. As I would find out latter the reason for this is due to they aren't very social and they don't really like people. Kinda the wrong business for them if you ask me.

Interview Questions
    • I always find the most difficult question is when someone asks you to state your weaknesses. This is because its nothing more than a trip question that you are suppose to take a so called weakness and explain why its truly a strength without looking full of yourself.   Answer Question
    N/A

IT Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Erie Insurance Group.

There were 2 interview, first was with HR and second with supervisors of area you are applying for. Both processes were fairly simple just be yourself and show enthusiasm. I was nervous but it all turned out well.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Erie Insurance Group in March 2013.

I first met with HR, then had a meeting with three employees in the group that was interested in me.

Commercial Configuration Specialist Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Erie Insurance Group in November 2010.

Had to interview for 5 hours

Interview Questions
    I don't know, but you can negotiate your salary

Actuarial Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Erie Insurance Group.

Applied online through university career website and made contact at career fair. Had initial on-campus interview, which consisted mostly of behavioral questions, with a couple of questions about what I look for in a company and a boss. The day after this interview, I was contacted about going into headquarters, where I had six 30-minute interviews, one an HR person, four with projet managers, and one with a current entry-level analyst. Questions were again mostly standard behavioral teamwork questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you were standing next to a river, how would you estimate the volume of water that flows past you in ten seconds?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

2 Phone interviews, 1st one with the hiring manager and 2nd with hiring manager and developer. This followed by an on-site interview that lasted about 5 hours

9-12 - Panel discussions with two teams and HR
    1-3 - Working with the developers to write code (I kinda liked this idea)

The interviews were straightforward mainly about past work experiences. All the team members including the hiring manger were very nice people. I really loved interacting with them.

Unfortunately, the timing when they actually offered me the job, wasn't right for me.

IT Interm Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Erie Insurance Group in February 2013.

I had two interviews. In the first one I was asked about my previous experiences and how I deal with various situations like stress, conflicts etc. I was also asked about my greatest accomplishment and team work skills. For technical, they asked some basic questions about websphere

Interview Questions
    • They asked about an NGO i have worked with and my experience with them   Answer Question

Senior Content Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Erie, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Erie Insurance Group in May 2012.

Met with four different individuals, one of whom was the recruiter. Each asked similar questions, of which the majority were behavioral in nature. Most didn't seem equipped to conduct an interview or know which questions to ask.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled a supervisor with whom you have experienced conflict?   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Erie Insurance Group in February 2012.

There is an interview with a human resources representative first. They ask you the usual interview questions. Such as what do you know about the company, why do you want to work here, where do you see yoursel in five years, etc. Then there is an interview with the supervisor of the position you applied for. In my case there was the supervisor, an ex-intern that is full time now, and another lady on their team. They asked about my experiences in school and my other work. They wanted to know what languages and IDEs I had experience with. What office products I had used. What operating system knowledge I had. A really big point with them was team work. Multiple questions about how my teams worked and what they worked on and my experiences with them.

Interview Questions

Worked for Erie Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!