Erste Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.0

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Erste Group.

Interview

Was pretty simple, I sent them my CV, after that they contacted me on phone and called me for a personal interview. They asked only general questions, like why would I want to work for the company, previous experiences etc. The interview was no longer than 10 minutes, shortly after they informed that I got the job.

Work-out Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Erste Group.

Interview

They needed my certificate of education and asked for the demonstration of my skills of Finance and Statistics. WE first had a phone interview about my plans and background than I had to complete tests and demonstrate my knowledge in finance and statistics in a 2 on 1 interview. All in all it was a piece of cake.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you already have a job with these expertise?   Answer Question

Low salary

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I interviewed at Erste Group (Vienna (Austria)) in March 2014.

Interview

First "getting to know" interview only with the recruiters. The atmosphere wasn't very friendly but still OK I would say, but I was asked just general questions about my previous jobs and studies. The whole interview (the first round) it was short. I had to wait for the answer for some time.

Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Erste Group (Vienna (Austria)) in March 2014.

Interview

Assesment centre, then regular interview where I talked to the supervisor. Assesment centre, then regular interview where I talked to the supervisor.Assesment centre, then regular interview where I talked to the supervisor.Assesment centre, then regular interview where I talked to the supervisor.Assesment centre, then regular interview where I talked to the supervisor.

Treasury Intern Interview

Interview

2 on-site interviews with the Head of Treasury and a Dealer.

Interview Questions

• Pricing of a structured product including various options and triggering points.   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bratislava (Slovakia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Erste Group (Bratislava (Slovakia)) in February 2013.

Interview

interview lasted for forty-five minutes, basic questions you expect to be asked, then some risk-related questions, math related questions as well, not much, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah blah blah yeah blah blah yeah yeah oh well

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Erste Group in June 2010.

Interview

1) Why you want the job? 2) What they offer 3) Why me? 4) Money

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you?   1 Answer
    • How can you help us become the market leader   1 Answer

Negotiation

friendly, they had their idea of what they wanted, and were willing to help me find the right decission for me. Fair deal.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Erste Group (Budapest (Hungary)) in May 2010.

Interview

Simple submission of application via company site / mail. Meeting and discussion with the Head of Department. Discussion for about an hour - covering the career progression thus far, previous responsibilties. Duties of the new job, expectations, salary level, practical details (when available to start) Decision brought within a few days.

Interview Questions

• NA. Ordinary, non surprising interview questions, easily answered. No technical questions to assess knowledge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation, they indicated level of salary they can offer and everything else was discussed during the intreview.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Erste Group (Budapest (Hungary)) in September 2009.

Interview

Takes very long time - up to 5 months

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on the offer, not even when I got promoted

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Erste Group (Vienna (Austria)) in February 2008.

Interview

Found the job ad on a web portal. There was an initial telephone interview, two people, about half hour - asking about education, prof. background, general finance questions, a couple of specifics. No brainteasers. Second interview in person, with the team, more of the same.Overall, pretty relaxed atmosphere. Salary negotiation not good, had to give in. After that, a stop by HR, tested English proficiency and was told some stuff about the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short, had to give in.