Esprit Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.6

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Esprit.

Interview

Walk in and filled out application with the store manager. They reviewed it and then called me a few days later. Went to a group interview then and 1 on 1 interview and got hired the next day via phone call.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in a previous job to help a unhappy customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Esprit.

Interview

Submitted a written application in store. Contacted for an interview about a week later. Had a short basic interview. Within the next few days, I was told I was hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Initial communications were professional, respectful of me as a potential candidate (among many possible ones), and prompt. The interview process was equally professional and was not done in a rushed or impersonal manner. It was evident that they cared that the person they hired would get along well with his/her colleagues, would take pride in his/her work and meet all expectations for professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Role play on the sales floor where I had to do my best to engage the manager and persuade her to buy an outfit.   Answer Question

Payroll Coordinator Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Esprit (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with two separate people, the group head and the woman I would actually be the assistant to. The Group Head was very professional, asked typical questions. This part went fine, we talked for about half an hour. The woman I was to assist spent an hour and a half with me, in which I probably only spoke for 20-30 minutes. Something about me clearly bothered her, because she kept going on and on about how great she is at her job, as if trying to prove something to me. She also called me out on wearing heels 2-3 times in a very condescending tone. I'm sorry, it's an interview, aren't you supposed to wear heels?? Especially when interviewing for a fashion company? They weren't outlandish either, they were nude pumps...Was relieved I did not get an offer, it would not have worked out well for me to work directly with this awful woman.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult coworker before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Esprit (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with the assistant manager. Super nice but sharp! Asked some personable questions about my background and we made some small talk. Then we discussed my previous retail and customer service experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Esprit (Danbury, CT) in June 2010.

Interview

The store manager took me to the back room and asked me a bunch of questions. I answered them to my best ability and at the end she said thank you we will call you in a few days. Then I got called and got offered the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Esprit (Canberra (Australia)) in July 2011.

Interview

Handed it resume and cover letter into the manager directly in store face-to-face. Did a quick interview on the spot and then was called into an interview a few days later.
    Interview was about 10-20minutes and did not ask any difficult questions. Called reference a few hours later and by the next day, I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Controlling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Esprit (Madrid (Spain)) in December 2010.

Interview

Process was very quick. Done through headhunting agency. Interview was challenging due to the promising challenges ahead.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Esprit (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

Casual, walked in and manager asked me basic questions.
    But must know about company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little room. Always go for higher.