Esri

Getting the Interview

38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redlands, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Esri in September 2013.

Interview Details – Started with on-campus interview, and received 2 phone interviews, and then one on-site (8 hours) interview. First on-campus interview is held by HR people, will ask some general question such as briefly self-introduction, interests, strength and weakness... And both phone interviews are from the departments with those openings. Will be more focus on the skills or experiences on your resume. Last on-site interview is given by managers, senior workers and the questions varied.

Interview Question – Explain the study/ thesis in a simple word   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When you received the offer letter, it will list your salary/ hour rate. It's the base rate, still have space to negotiate it. In general, the range is about 5% of the base rate.

Developer Internship Interview

Redlands, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Esri in March 2014.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews

Interview Question – Some examples of design patterns   Answer Question

Product Engineer
Redlands, CA

I interviewed at Esri in August 2010.

Interview Details – it took 9 hours it was really hard

Interview Question – some techincal questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Redlands, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Esri in February 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly straight forward process. Seem to go to great lengths to ensure the right fit was found.

Interview Question – The biggest challenge would be the duration. it was a couple of long days meeting various people.   Answer Question

IT Systems Analyst Interview

Redlands, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Esri in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact from ESRI was email two months after I had submitted my resume. From that email a phone interview was scheduled. The interviewer relayed that if the hiring process were to continue that one could expect an phone interview with someone from IT, then HR and then if all went well an in-person panel interview with up to 8 people.

Interview Question – If you were led into a dark room and stood in front of a dresser containing 20 red socks, 15 green socks, 10 blue sock and 6 yellow socks...how many times would you have to pick socks to get a matching pair?   View Answer

GIS Instructor Interview

Redlands, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Esri in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had 3 phone interviews. The first was with the instructor's supervisor, the second was with the recruiter from HR, the third was with an instructor at the San Antonio, TX office (where the position was located). After the 3 phone interviews I was invited to Redlands for a full day interview, which included eight, 30 minute interviews with eight different people, and two presentations in front of about 12 people (one 30 min and one 20 min), some employees also took me to lunch in their cafe on campus.

Interview Question – Very specific technical interviews about GIS. How to create a new feature class from scratch, name the different types of layers, what is the difference between a merge and a union? The presentations were also difficult.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Redlands, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Esri in February 2009.

Interview Details – Very long process, but very comprehensive on both sides - mine and theirs. I felt I knew a lot about expectations and what day-to-day would look like.

Interview Question – Not very difficult questions, as most interviewers asked the same over and over.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some negotiation on salary, but not on PTO.

Product Engineer
Redlands, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Esri in August 2009.

Interview Details – Oh my god. Don't ask about this. I have seen people who can show off passion and spark get through quite easily. They go by how you communicate and talk and I guess not by what your experience or potential is. This is so unfortunate.

Interview Question – Mainly .Net questions and Object-oriented questions.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Redlands, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Esri.

Interview Details – Hired as an Administrative Assistant through a temp agency and promoted after 18 months.

Interview Question – All interviewing conducted through the temp agency.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it. Administrative Assistants are non-exempt employees

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Redlands, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Esri.

Interview Details – Will interview with many employees. If one person doesn't like you it's likely that you will not get hired.

Interview Question – No specific question was very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are not willing to negotiate much.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Esri

Worked for Esri? Contribute to the Community!

Esri Videos

Esri – Why Work for Us?

Esri is the world leader in geographic information system (GIS) software development. Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s GIS technology enables… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Esri interview questions and advice in Riverside, CA. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by Esri employees and interview candidates.