Esri Support Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

3.4

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Support Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Esri.

Had three phone interviews. They said I did awesome on all three. Never got offered for the in-person interview in CA. Think the distance might have been a problem.

Interview Questions
  • The technical interview can be tough for some people I am sure.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Esri

Anonymous Employee  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Esri in April 2011.

I applied for this position and was contacted about a week later.
    1st call was a brief interview about my interest and background, lasted about 10 minutes.
    2nd call (2 weeks later) was a technical interview that was general IT/developer related. This interview lasted about an hour and I was quizzed on everything from database/application development to networking.
    3rd call (2 weeks later) was another technical interview that focused more on the ESRI suite of products and lasted about an hour. Unfortunately for me, the questions mostly touched on enterprise level deployments which I had limited experience with. Overall the process was as pleasant as tense hour long grilling session go.
    The people there are extremely friendly and professional. I’m disappointed that after the series of interviews they declined to offer me the position.
    NOTE: Beware the puzzle question at the end:)

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about development within Arcmap/ArcCatalog.   Answer Question
    • Also connecting/developing SQL/Oracle spatial databases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Redlands, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Esri in June 2008.

I posted a resume on a job-function specific site, a few days later I got an invitation to submit an application. I did, and within a week or 2 I had a preliminary interview scheduled with the supervisor of the section. We talked for about 1/2 hour, he seemed like an OK guy. We hung up, and about a week later, I got a call (or maybe it was an email) to schedule another interview, as a 1-on-1 with a support analyst. She asked a bunch of questions about objects, properties, methods, etc. Then 2 or 3 weeks after that, they called and said they wanted me to fly to Redlands for an all-day series of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • This position is based in Redlands, CA. Are you OK with moving to Redlands?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Redlands, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Esri in March 2010.

I have 3 phone interviews spread out over 4 weeks. Very grueling proces. I was asked many technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a join and a relate?   View Answer

Support Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Esri in January 2012.

As a GIS professional who has worked with Esri software and customer support for many years, I regarded this company very highly. The conferences and events have always been fun to attend and the people working there have generally been fantastic to interact with. The technical support folks are always very professional and helpful too. Based on those things alone, I was very excited about the prospect of working for Esri - who wouldn't want to work in such an energized environment with good people? Well, based on my interview experience, I would say that if people were exposed to Esri's HR team alone, they would want nothing to do with the place. I hope Jack and Laura are paying attention - your interview process needs help.

The first problem with your hiring process is your online system. It's clunky and buggy. And if you weren't aware, your HR people complain about it too! It makes their job more difficult.

Next, sure, let's go ahead and address your HR folks. If I had read other reviews on Glassdoor prior to my interview, maybe I wouldn't have been so surprised about how they drag out the process and how unprofessional they can be. Initial contact with an HR representative is positive, but it's all downhill from there. It is nearly impossible to get a response to voicemail or email. On the rare chance that they do respond, the information they provide is inaccurate. Are they too busy? Are they simply not nice? I don't know the answer, but the poor treatment I received from them made the overall interview experience negative for me.

Finally, the interview process itself. Brief phone conversation with HR up front. Technical phone interviews with current support analysts follow. I thoroughly enjoyed the "test" aspect of the phone interviews. The in-person, day-long interview experience is so-so. You spend the day jumping from person to person (some were more interested in conducting interviews than others). Some of the time is useful - brief sessions with HR, technical exercises, and chats with the bosses (your potential boss and the head guy). As for the remaining sessions, they would be better off designating that time to the technical exercises (which are rushed as-is) or maybe a group/panel interview instead. Because you are raced from one person to the next, and each has something specific to accomplish, you never really feel like they collectively get a good picture of who you are and where your skills lie. Even though you spend a lot of one-on-one time with people there, it ends up being a bit impersonal. I can only imagine what their post-interview process is like to discuss candidates. They didn't check references, which I felt was a loss.

Support Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Esri in May 2009.

Very pleasant, friendly with a few technical questions in various areas of the subject matter

Interview Questions

Worked for Esri? Contribute to the Community!