Essar Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.8

M&A Team - Manager (M8 Level) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Essar Group.

Interview

Interview process was informal. Went through three rounds of interviews. Was recruited from campus. There was a pre-placement pitch followed by Q&A.

First Round: Telephonic interview with a middle/junior HR manager (or campus recruiters) . Questions were general.

Second Round: Interview with senior members of M&A team.

Third Round: Interview with senior HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Most important round was the interview with senior department managers. Asked about the following:

1. Valuation Concepts - FCFF, FCFE, Estimation of cost of capital, concept of terminal value, CAPM

2. Project finance concepts - SPVs and their working, debt servicing and some questions related to the various risks of project financing

3. Knowledge of basic business analysis including stuff like ratio analysis and debt-related ratios

Interview was interesting but largely unstructured. Went according to where the conversation was going. The interviewers basically spoke of what the team does and intermittently asked a few questions. Very informal, conversational tone. Some questions required some considered thought before answering (30% of the questions), but not a very difficult interview process.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal amount of negotiation. Could have negotiated more, in retrospect.

Deputy Manager - Campus Hire Interview

Interview

Group discussion
    Interview - HR + Technical

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer working on site?   1 Answer

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surat (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Essar Group (Surat (India)) in February 2010.

Interview

after receiving My CV, they called me over phone to fix a tele phonic interview. It was about an hour. After the tele phonic interview they called for a direct interview with department Manager and then another direct Interview with Director.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to design a pumping system with all the calculations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate anything as I was not having any other option.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

First round was written exam
    Second round was group discussion
    Final round was interview. Interview was easy and mostly based on field of study.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Essar Group in February 2009.

Interview

GD followed by 3 rounds of PI

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years down the lane? I always find that difficult to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a fixed salary offer. Salary was mentioned at the start of the process.

DGM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essar Group (Mumbai (India)) in July 2009.

Interview

Was detailed as per requirement of the position with decisions being made very fast

Negotiation

They gave what was expected as had asked reasonable increase only

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Essar Group (Mumbai (India)) in January 2009.

Interview

Why shall we select You?

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazira (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Essar Group (Hazira (India)) in January 2009.

Interview

Discussion

Interview Questions

• As a professor your salary is only Rs. 3 lakhs CTC. Here we offer much more.   1 Answer

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jabalpur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Essar Group (Jabalpur (India)) in November 2009.

Interview

It is through your college or your friends reference. interview is through the head office in mumbai or else.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

try harder

SAP Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Essar Group.

Interview

First the resume will be shortlisted based on the requirement criteria .
    Then First round will be telephonic technical round if the city is not mumbai .
    Second Round F2F technical and HR mix and this is final

Interview Questions

• Have you utilized your time well in the past in relation to self-improvization   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hardly any negotiation as their salary slab is fixed for the junior level.