Essar Group

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.8

Deputy Manager - Civil Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Essar Group in May 2011.

I was received my call from the recruiter for a special recruitment for a specified job. They had done it by noticing the resume form naukri.com. I was called for a video conferencing interview from their one site to present job site. I was interviewed by a pannel consisting of departmental head, area manager, H.R manager & quality manager. After completion of interview I was offered for the job immediately & I got the offer letter between 2 days.

Interview Questions
    I have negotiated as per my requirement as well as my experience & efficieny. My requirement was accepted by no any bergaining.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Essar Group in May 2011.

Test to Group discussion to Interview

Operations Head-TN/Pondy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Essar Group in April 2011.

Had 3 rounds of telephonic interview, 2 rounds of personnel interview. Particularly about longivity in the system and our career plans

Interview Questions
    • Most practical questions has been asked related to business and also the past experience. They have done the referral check.   View Answer
    Negotiation phase was very practical and had a good discussion for the ctc.

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surat (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Essar Group in February 2010.

after receiving My CV, they called me over phone to fix a tele phonic interview. It was about an hour. After the tele phonic interview they called for a direct interview with department Manager and then another direct Interview with Director.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to design a pumping system with all the calculations.   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate anything as I was not having any other option.

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jabalpur (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jabalpur (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Essar Group in November 2009.

It is through your college or your friends reference. interview is through the head office in mumbai or else.

try harder

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surat (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Essar Group in November 2009.

As usual an exam, group discussion, HR interview(1:1), Technical interview(1:1)
    Exam - comprises analytic, technical, English
    Exam is relatively, technical section consists of questions covering the entire subject and are mostly related to basic concepts. Group discussion was among a group of 12 participants and panel consists of three members. Current topics are given for discussion. HR interview is as usual. Technical interview is tough and the questions are asked from the subjects of your interest.

Interview Questions
    Try for placements at Surat or Mumbai.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Essar Group in October 2009.

First I had a written test. It consisted of aptitude and technical questions. Level was somewhat difficult. After the test, I had to clear a round of group discussion. It included presenting views on a given topic. Interview was a bit tricky and lengthy. It lasted around 20 minutes. Focus on both general issues and technical knowledge helps.

DGM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essar Group in July 2009.

Was detailed as per requirement of the position with decisions being made very fast

They gave what was expected as had asked reasonable increase only

Associate Duty Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Essar Group in May 2009.

At that time i pay 12000/- (installment). after that they will give the training sessions.after that they will give job(this is not for recommended candidates )

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Essar Group in February 2009.

GD followed by 3 rounds of PI

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself 5 years down the lane? I always find that difficult to answer   Answer Question
    It was a fixed salary offer. Salary was mentioned at the start of the process.