Essentia Health Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Essentia Health (Fargo, ND).

Interview

Very simple. Initial interview was over the phone due to living out of state at the time. Basic questions. No surprises or difficult questions. My manager interviewed me and was very pleasant and relaxed.

Director Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Essentia Health (Duluth, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Met with individuals of two levels. Job offered had different description and terms than job applied for. Concerned that significant terms would be switched from what was initially discussed. Human Resources representative was inconsistent, as several individuals were involved and no one knew who would be calling me next. There was a lack of accountability in the hiring process. Also, hiring manager used discriminatory language and examples.

Interview Questions

Terms different than what was posted and applied for -- Concerned with company's ethics.

RN-Med/Surg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Essentia Health (Fargo, ND).

Interview

Online application, resume, HR interview, 1:1 interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond in a work situation?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Essentia Health (Duluth, MN) in July 2011.

Interview

First was a telephone screen, next an interview with recruiter (telephone). There was a telephone interview with hiring manager who was a director. Finally, there was a trip to Minnesota and an in person interview with hiring manager.

Applications Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Essentia Health (Duluth, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

There was a long time lag before the interview and the job offer, however I was in no hurry to start and I was even allowed to further delay my start date by a month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary negotiation was not a possibility, however the initial offer appeared appropriate

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Essentia Health (Duluth, MN) in January 2010.

Interview

Pharmacy Director, Pharmacist, and a Pharmacy Technician present in the interview. Took turns asking the questions with lots of quiet moments while replies were written. Most of the questions asked are standard interview questions like - why do you want to work here, what got you interested in Pharmacy, where would you like to be in 5 years, why should we hire you etc

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond your responsibilities in a previous employment or school setting   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiating - offer made and that is it - take it or leave it kinda thing

Pct Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Essentia Health.

Interview

phone call then face to face

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Essentia Health in June 2012.

Interview

First contact with recruiter, second with executive director. After passing both of those, interview with entire cphiring committee. Questions provided in advance. All three interviews conducted by phone. Fourth and final interview onsite and includes a one hour presentation to all staff regarding research interests and goals for next 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Would I be bringing any grants, committee memberships, or contracts with me.   1 Answer