Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Essex County College
- Computer Lab Aide (1)
- Instructor (1)
- Administrative Assistant Or Secretary (Part Time) (1)
- Tutur (1)
- Accepted Offer
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Essex County College.
The LSAMP Program pairs honors students with other LSAMP students needing additional help in STEM courses. This program provides benefits to both the mentors and the mentees. Tutors are given the opportunity for employment and the experience of teaching, which deepens their knowledge in the sciences. Students being helped are given the opportunity to improve their grades and maintain the higher GPAs needed to transfer to four year colleges and universities. Every year more than 150 students attend tutoring in math and science on a weekly basis. Our studies have shown that 80 % of students who were struggling with a subject at the beginning of a semester pass it successfully after entering the tutoring-mentoring program.
- what is your greatest strength as a tutor Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Essex County College (Newark, NJ) in September 2010.
The position was not hard to get and the job process lasted only two weeks and I was employed after only one interview. There were some basic math tests alongside some intellectual questions that were asked but they were no challenge. During the interview, I had to answer questions by the chair which was a bit hard because the chair was an extremely serious person that doesn't smile back even when one does smile with him.
- The aren't that I can remember at this time because I came well prepared for the interview. In other words, it was a piece of cake. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Essex County College in March 2010.
It took a while to be seen by the persons who hire staff but I finally received an opportunity to work as an aide.
- In my case the persons who were hiring had known of me before I had applied. Answer Question
There was no negotiation
- Declined Offer
Unconventional. Sometimes a singular expression suffices. The requirement of a 50-word minimum to accept an answer is too constraining.The process was unconventional and to offer details would render the anonymity of which you speak moot.
- None that can be shared as it was posed to eliminate and the poser did not anticipate that the answer would be known. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Why not? One should not tread where one is not desired.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review