Essex Lake Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Essex Lake

Senior Research Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Essex Lake.

Initial communication:

1: I got an email from a job portal
    2: I emailed them, and later HR connected with me.
    3: HR told me that there will be 3 technical rounds followed by 1 HR general discussion regarding compensation, joining date etc.

Interviews:

Round 1: Asked everything in detail from everything that was mentioned on my resume. I was asked on machine learning. They ask about what learning techniques and what were the parameters that were used in the projects that I did. Some general data structure questions such as sorting, binary trees.

Round 2: General discussion on Machine learning, general research interests, some questions on distributed computing. How fault tolerance can be ensured in distributed systems ? How would you distributed a given machine learning algorithm on a cluster ?

Round 3: Since this interview was based for big data analytics, they asked me the following.

1: Given a 100mb file for consumer data versus 5TB of consumer data. Which file i should be reading, and what will I try to infer ?

2: How will you read a 5TB file without using distributed computing ? How will I try to infer things that I mentioned in answer to question 3.1 without using distributed environment ? Apart from my answer, interviewer also gave a hint to use entropy for better sampling !

Round 2 and 3 were more of an open ended.

Interview Questions
    • For round 1 they told it would be a general discussion and turned out to be a through and detailed technical interview. For round 2 and 3 interviewer was principal research scientist and was very friendly but was innovative in asking research questions.   Answer Question
    I unfortunately quoted less ! My bad :-/

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Essex Lake in February 2014.

It is good and they took telephonic and 1-1 round and group discussion. first the took telephonic and then written and then face to face , genrally face to face is little difficult. they took near about 1 month to complete whole process.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Essex Lake in October 2012.

Interviews were academic in nature and had a number of guesstimates and case studies based on resume.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the size of Indian Handicrafts Market.

Describe the Phillips Curve (for Economics Students)
        Answer Question

Worked for Essex Lake? Contribute to the Community!