Essex Property Trust

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.7

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Essex Property Trust in June 2014.

I applied online for the position, and was interviewed by a fill-in manager. She sent over recommendations to the property where I would be working and I had a final interview there. Was baited and switched about how much commission I would be making for lease renewals.
    If you have had customer service experience, you are in like Flynn.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with difficult people?   View Answer
    You don't have room to negotiate. They have a range of $13-$13.50 that they are allowed to offer.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Essex Property Trust in April 2014.

This was a job fair and all the Essex staff were very friendly and welcoming. I was met and interviewed by a regional manager who was also gracious. The interview was focused on what I could do for the company as it grows, not so much a review of my past experience. This seemed like a very efficient approach.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were more of a higher level perspective and I was prepared with having done research. Nothing was dificult.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemet, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemet, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Essex Property Trust.

I had an interview with a woman regional supervisor for Essex. She and I had a 45 min long phone interview, then she requested I come in for a one on one in person interview at the actual property located in Hemet. We went through basic property management scenarios, and how I would handle each situation. After 45-1 hour, she requested I come back the next Tuesday at 3 PM, for a final interview with another member of upper management. I showed up on that Tuesday at 3 PM as she requested, only to have her tell me in a very rude and unprofessional manner, that she never scheduled an interview with me. I showed her the hand written document she handed me with the appointment date and time in her handwriting, and she made a scene in front of the entire office. She said "I never called you back so obviously I was not interested". I was aghast at her unprofessional attitude and behavior. I had taken an entire day off of work and drove over an hour and half for an interview she scheduled and she forgot all about it. I told her I was no longer interested in working for a company that conducted themselves in this fashion, and left the office. I feel I dodged a major bullet and I'm thankful I saw how upper management treats employees and prospective employees.

Interview Questions
    • General property management scenarios, and how you would handle them. If you are experienced in this industry, you will have no problem with the questions.   Answer Question

Corporate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Essex Property Trust in July 2012.

I Met three person in the company, from senior accountant to accounting supervisor. It took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • there was a short test, not very hard but be prepared.   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Essex Property Trust in June 2012.

Walked in to a Job Fair, reception staff very pleasant and friendly. Had an open and pleasant conversation about my previous experience. We covered: skills, conflict resolution skills, likes, dislikes, computer skills, management style. Had several "situational" questions.

After doing an online test. Two parts: 1. Math & Logic 2. Personality Test

First one was timed and somewhat difficult as I didn't expect questions like that. Second was not timed, but very repetitive (same question was asked multiple times just differently worded).

Then second 1:1 interview was 2 weeks later. Very detailed (90 minutes). The answer was to come in another 2 weeks... Unfortunately, didn't get it...

Interview Questions
    • Timed online questionaire was difficult. Other questions fairly easy.

What is your leadership style?

Answer Question
    • Tell me about situation when you had a conflict at the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Essex Property Trust in July 2010.

My interviewer was also my boss. She did a superb job at asking me questions that mattered. She offered me the job after a series of 3 interviews. 1st with her, then the assistant manager and lastly a phone interview with her boss. I was very satisfied with the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a difficult situation in your previous job and explain how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Essex Property Trust in May 2008.

it really depends on who you meet. there is no standard.

Assistant Property Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Essex Property Trust.

The first time I went the questions was general. When I left the company and tried to get rehired I,ve been applying now for 2 month and get no response from anyone.

Interview Questions
    • What are your expectations from a company?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Essex Property Trust.

Applied through company website and got a call from the Hiring Manager. Asked me a few questions on the phone and scheduled an interview in two days.

Interview Questions
    • What were your day to day responsibilities at this position on your resume.   View Answer