Essilor Interview Questions

Senior Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dudley, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Essilor (Dudley, MA).

Interview

It was over 25 years ago that I was interviewed, and things have changed alot. Everyone goes through the application, from hourly to upper management. In engineering these aps are reviewed by the managers in the department hiring, then interviews are done one on one with each manager. They meet separately to decide who to bring back for round 2.

Interview Questions

• So long ago I can't remember, but it was all technical related.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Each job has a job grade that has a min max, and they aim for mid. But if negotiation is higher, the following years will always be below everyone else to bring it back in line. Grad degrees add to this limit.

Associé Qualité TI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Essilor (Paris (France)) in July 2014.

Interview

L'opportunité de stage était affichée sur le site de l'université. J'ai posé ma candidature et le DRH m'a contacté pour un entretien avec le gestionnaire recruteur. L'entretien a eu lieu au siège à Paris.

As an apprenticeship opportunity, the job was posted on the university site.
    I applied, and the HR contacted me for an interview with my hiring manager.
    The interview was done at the headquarters in Paris.

Interview Questions

• On m'a demandé de :
      - me présenter ;
      - parler de mes études ;
      - parler de les expériences IT ;
      - parler de ma connaissance en gestion de qualité ;
      - expliquer comment mes études concordent avec mes objectifs de carrière.

- Asked to present myself
      - Asked to talk about my education
      - Asked to talk about my specific IT Experiences
      - Asked about previous knowledge in Quality Management
      - Asked how my education are aligned with my career goals

Answer Question

Assistant de Gestionnaire de Projet (Apprentissage) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Créteil (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Essilor (Créteil (France)) in August 2012.

Interview

J'ai répondu à l'offre de stage envoyé par mon université par courrier électronique. Ensuite les ressources humaines ont transféré mon CV et ma lettre de motivation à mon manager potentiel.

Le chef de projet m'a contacté directement pour planifier un entretien auquel a assisté le chef de projet et l'actuel assistant de projet.

L'entretien était une présentation de mes différentes expériences, une vérification de mon niveau d'anglais et de mes compétences Excel.

Ils m'ont rappelé une semaine plus tard.

I respond to the apprenticeship offer send by my university via e-mail. Then the human resources transferred my cv and cover letter to my potential manager.

The project manager contacted me directly to set up an interview, to which attended the project manager and the current project assistant..

The interview was a presentation of my different experiences, a check of my English level and of my excel skills.

They call me back one week later.

Interview Questions

• Questions techniques sur de la logistique alors que je n'ai pas commencé mes études dans ce domaine.   Technical question about logistics when I didn't begin my scholarship in this area.   1 Answer

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Essilor (Bangalore (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

1. Telephonic round with technical manager
    2. One-on-technical discussion
    3. Technical written test based on testing and sql
    4. Manager round - A con-call setup from Paris (France)
    5. HR round
    6. Salary negotiation
    7. Offer release after 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Interview was smooth and fine   1 Answer

Negotiation

I could not negotiate much because there were other benefits like on-site opportunity for every 3 months, good yearly hike, then an Essilor share per year.

Marketing Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Essilor in October 2009.

Interview

Inconsistent interview process. Everybody goes through different levels of scrutiny