Essilor of America Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Essilor of America (Johnston, RI) in July 2015.

Interview

The most unprofessional experience I've ever had. Applied online, was contacted by a national recruiter/rep. After discussing availability for interviews she set up an interview for a few days later onsite. I get called the day of the interview by the recruiter saying the people at the site I'm interviewing at can't meet me at that time (4:30) and the latest they can see is at 1:30. I can't meet at the time, so she calls me back a few minutes later and an interview is set up a few days later for 1:30. I get to the interview and one of the people I was suppose to interview with isn't there, and the other didn't even know I was coming. She then proceeds to half heartily interview me and it literally lasts 3-4 minutes. No respect or consideration for my time.

Director Key Accounts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor of America in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called, left a message, I tried to call back and did not reach her. I tried for a week before she finally called me again. When we spoke, she told me I was under qualified and to look at the position for the next level down. By the way, she was "outside, because it was such a nice day". There was too much noise in the background. I have never had a recruiter do that and found it unprofessional. After she told me I was unqualified it made me wonder why they called if they already knew that. I looked at the position for the next level down and called her back as she had requested. I emailed her too to follow up as she had requested. After 5 weeks I still never heard back from her. I received 3 rejection letters from Essilor as well. It's insulting and unprofessional. Even more disappointing as my current company does business with this lab. We will be switching labs very soon as a result of this poor treatment, and it's too bad because we are a large account for Essilor.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview started with the typical interview questions. The interview was very easy. They asked me a couple of behavioral questions like tell me about yourself and where do you see yourself in 5 years. further into the interview they went over my resume and asked me to describe about my projects. In the end they gave me a situation and asked how i would react to the situation. the situation was related to the Software Development Life Cycle.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Essilor of America.

Interview

*Two round interview: first with seniors in the team, second with directors and managers *Last for almost 5-6 weeks *No wired questions. Typical interview questions. *Interviewers were nice and friendly. They went through the resume, asked many whys, and introduced their program in details. * The rotation program is not only limited to the positions shown on the job description. There are other teams that candidates can apply for. * The candidate can choose one or more specific teams to stay * The internship might expand to full time hiring.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you choose this rotation program? " Then followed by"Seems like you are finding your career direction. So, what's your career goal? Which area you want to work for?"   Answer Question

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview at first. Wating for 2nd round face to face interview. Asked about the reason for leaving current position, why you think youself is suitable for this job. The whole phone interview process was very closing to the job requirement.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor of America.

Interview

This was a typical interview process with typical questions. The interviewer did however seem to be "shooting from the hip" with the interview questions. This gave the interview a natural flow, but may have led to a subjective choice in for the final candidate. One would expect a set list of questions to be asked, but that didn't seem to be the case

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were what one would expect to be asked when reviewing a resume.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Two step process. First step: Fill out application Second Step: On site Interview with three current employees in financial department. Had to wait for long time after I filled out online application. There was no email or phone call regarding if i got or i did not. Also, one lady was kind of arrogant when she was asking questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about out company? How did you hear about us? What was your biggest project? What is is a bad day for you? What is a good day for you? Tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

One hour phone interview with Talent Aquisition. Asked standard intervew questions -nothing difficult. TA asked for past salary ranges immediately. Would not reveal pay scale for the opportunity. Inteviewed 5 candidates in person with 2 VPs at the office.

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Interview

3 people interview you in3 seperate rooms and ask you some behaviorial questions about your CV.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

HR interview was straight forward. Panel interview with 2 hiring managers, one is French. He wanted to speak French to me since my resume mentioned I'm a French linguist as well. It was a bit strange since the other interviewer did not speak French. I had gear back the discussion to why I was there and get back to business. I was asked to do an MS Excel test online.

Interview Questions

• Can you work late at night, sometime the two of us logged in from home around midnight.   Answer Question