Essilor of America Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

Recruiting contacted me for an interview. I completed their basic skills test but never heard back from the company's inside recruiter even with period followups via phone and email.
    ADVICE - Avoid Essilor's recruiting team and try to communicate only with the hiring manager.

Director of Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Scheduled 9 hr interview. Prior phone screen. After 5 hours of interviews that went well, met with the VP doing the hiring who took about 8 minutes of 1.5 hr mtg, discovers I live out of town, complains about HR sending nonlocal, he closes his folder & gets HR to escort me out Lack of class.

Interview Questions

• Why does HR send me non-local candidates?   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Essilor of America in March 2013.

Interview

Got their opening from school's career center, four interviews in two rounds, one with intern program director and hr, another with direct supervisors. No wired questions, just why company, walk through resume, why the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the project details, some are old so it took me some time to recall the details   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiable.

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

Interview was wonderful really enjoyed the management that attended.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Basically took what the position offered.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America.

Interview

Patience is key. The process for this size of a company is very long. I am going to guess that the reason is due to the amount of applicants. There are a lot of applicants now due to industry changes. A new hire will have to endure a time period of training before getting into the field. Training can be tedious, but important to success. Show tolerance to this in an interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes...salary is not very negotiable, however, vacation, and sales time frame guarantees are.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America (Carrollton, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online at the Essilor site and was contacted by a recruiter. She described the role and asked a few preliminary questions. She arranged for an in-person interview where I met with the hiring manager and his superior. It was obvious from the start that I was not qualified for the role. The hiring manager asked me a series of technical questions that likely confirmed to him that I wasn't the person he was looking for. His manager seemed nice at first, but made it clear that the last person hired 'couldn't hack it' in the department. She also made it clear that I'd be subjected to a barrage of accounting tests to 'prove I know what is on my resume'. Even if they had called me to move further in the process, I would have declined after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with <insert varied technical terms I've never dealt with here>   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America in August 2010.

Interview

Interview was very casual- begin with initial phone interview with human resource representative. This was followed by a trip to the facility to meet with the management team. Overall- an easy experience that included behavioural and skillset related questions along with truly checking for cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss your past experiences with strategically managing a facility.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

HR interview was straight forward.
    Panel interview with 2 hiring managers, one is French. He wanted to speak French to me since my resume mentioned I'm a French linguist as well. It was a bit strange since the other interviewer did not speak French. I had gear back the discussion to why I was there and get back to business.

I was asked to do an MS Excel test online.

Interview Questions

• Can you work late at night, sometime the two of us logged in from home around midnight.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America in March 2012.

Interview

1) Phone interview with recruiter 2) Schedule interview by another recruiter. 3) Personality test. 4) Face to face interview with hiring manager and HR 5) Last 2nd round face to face interview with hiring manager and area manager.6) After 3-weeks I am still waiting for a call for a Y/N response, very inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an employee that refuses to follow your instructions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America in May 2008.

Interview

There were three steps in the interviewing process which consisted of a phone interview with the Customer Service Manager then 4 days later I was called into the facility to have a one on one interview with the Area General Manager. One week later I was brought in to interview one on one with the Regional Customer Service Manager.

Interview Questions

• What are other job possibilities for you and how do you feel about each one?   Answer Question
    • Describe your ideal position, and what makes it ideal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would recomend to feel out the interviewer especially if there are many candidates, you may want to consider negotiating at your 90 day review.