Essilor of America Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Director of Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Essilor of America in March 2010.

Scheduled 9 hr interview. Prior phone screen. After 5 hours of interviews that went well, met with the VP doing the hiring who took about 8 minutes of 1.5 hr mtg, discovers I live out of town, complains about HR sending nonlocal, he closes his folder & gets HR to escort me out Lack of class.

Interview Questions
    • Why does HR send me non-local candidates?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Essilor of America in January 2008.

Recruiting contacted me for an interview. I completed their basic skills test but never heard back from the company's inside recruiter even with period followups via phone and email.
    ADVICE - Avoid Essilor's recruiting team and try to communicate only with the hiring manager.

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Essilor of America in March 2013.

Got their opening from school's career center, four interviews in two rounds, one with intern program director and hr, another with direct supervisors. No wired questions, just why company, walk through resume, why the position.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the project details, some are old so it took me some time to recall the details   View Answer
    No negotiable.

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Essilor of America in December 2009.

Interview was wonderful really enjoyed the management that attended.

Interview Questions
    Basically took what the position offered.

Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

Patience is key. The process for this size of a company is very long. I am going to guess that the reason is due to the amount of applicants. There are a lot of applicants now due to industry changes. A new hire will have to endure a time period of training before getting into the field. Training can be tedious, but important to success. Show tolerance to this in an interview.

Interview Questions
    Yes...salary is not very negotiable, however, vacation, and sales time frame guarantees are.

Sales Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America in June 2010.

the initial was a phone screeing that was pretty typical. The face to face was with 2 people one who played good cop one who played bad. Not very professional. They asked your typical behavior questions and answers. Only lasted 30 minutes and had the job.

Operations Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Essilor of America in August 2010.

Interview was very casual- begin with initial phone interview with human resource representative. This was followed by a trip to the facility to meet with the management team. Overall- an easy experience that included behavioural and skillset related questions along with truly checking for cultural fit.

Interview Questions
    • Please discuss your past experiences with strategically managing a facility.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America in May 2008.

There were three steps in the interviewing process which consisted of a phone interview with the Customer Service Manager then 4 days later I was called into the facility to have a one on one interview with the Area General Manager. One week later I was brought in to interview one on one with the Regional Customer Service Manager.

Interview Questions
    • What are other job possibilities for you and how do you feel about each one?   Answer Question
    • Describe your ideal position, and what makes it ideal?   Answer Question
    I would recomend to feel out the interviewer especially if there are many candidates, you may want to consider negotiating at your 90 day review.

Senior EDI Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

I had 2 in-person interviews, one of those with an additional person via phone at another company office location.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me technical questions about EDI processing.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. I was offered the position on a contract-to-hire basis, and was fully hired a month later.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Essilor of America in April 2011.

I applied online at the Essilor site and was contacted by a recruiter. She described the role and asked a few preliminary questions. She arranged for an in-person interview where I met with the hiring manager and his superior. It was obvious from the start that I was not qualified for the role. The hiring manager asked me a series of technical questions that likely confirmed to him that I wasn't the person he was looking for. His manager seemed nice at first, but made it clear that the last person hired 'couldn't hack it' in the department. She also made it clear that I'd be subjected to a barrage of accounting tests to 'prove I know what is on my resume'. Even if they had called me to move further in the process, I would have declined after that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience with <insert varied technical terms I've never dealt with here>   View Answer

Worked for Essilor of America? Contribute to the Community!