Essilor of America

19 candidate interviews

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Marketing Research Analyst

Interviewed at Essilor of America

Interview Details – 3 people interview you in3 seperate rooms and ask you some behaviorial questions about your CV.

Interview Question – Using an animal to describe you.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

Interview Details – This was a typical interview process with typical questions. The interviewer did however seem to be "shooting from the hip" with the interview questions. This gave the interview a natural flow, but may have led to a subjective choice in for the final candidate. One would expect a set list of questions to be asked, but that didn't seem to be the case

Interview Question – Questions asked were what one would expect to be asked when reviewing a resume.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Essilor of America in November 2009.

Interview Details – received phone call from HR, scheduled interview in a week. first impression to the interview was very impressive. front desk lady and HR lady are super friendly, which helped relieving interview stress. interviewed with two people, one is a manager and the other a director. very pleasant conversation, interviewers were very interested in the interviewee, and things they mentioned such as will get back to me in a week after the interview, were true. very enthusiastic people, all and over all, pleasant experience!

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Brand Sales Consultant Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Essilor of America in September 2009.

Interview Details – phone screen with hr. invite to meet with hiring manager 1-1, this was more of a get to know you session and to see what type of sales person you are. light on behavioral questions but more heavy on experience and story telling. final interview 1-1 with hiring manager usually invite top 2-3 candidates back

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America in August 2009.

Interview Details – The one on one lasted for 2 hours. The junior recruiter, was not looking professional and was shabbily clothed and was just "doing her job". She was just interrogating me and was like a Q & A session and I felt I was not sitting there for a job interview but for a media interview. After that the very personable HR manager came in and was very cordial and welcoming and opened a very interesting interview session. She was very knowledgeable and fit the role of a HR manager.
Upon entry, the receptionist did not say hello but simply asked me to pen down my registeration.
I sent them a thank you letter, for which I did not get a response, but got a decline letter after a month. Very bad practice. Thanks

Inventory Analyst Interview

Carrollton, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Essilor of America in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online at the Essilor site and was contacted by a recruiter. She described the role and asked a few preliminary questions. She arranged for an in-person interview where I met with the hiring manager and his superior. It was obvious from the start that I was not qualified for the role. The hiring manager asked me a series of technical questions that likely confirmed to him that I wasn't the person he was looking for. His manager seemed nice at first, but made it clear that the last person hired 'couldn't hack it' in the department. She also made it clear that I'd be subjected to a barrage of accounting tests to 'prove I know what is on my resume'. Even if they had called me to move further in the process, I would have declined after that.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience with <insert varied technical terms I've never dealt with here>   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America in September 2011.

Interview Details – HR interview was straight forward.
Panel interview with 2 hiring managers, one is French. He wanted to speak French to me since my resume mentioned I'm a French linguist as well. It was a bit strange since the other interviewer did not speak French. I had gear back the discussion to why I was there and get back to business.

I was asked to do an MS Excel test online.

Interview Question – Can you work late at night, sometime the two of us logged in from home around midnight.   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Customer Service Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1) Phone interview with recruiter 2) Schedule interview by another recruiter. 3) Personality test. 4) Face to face interview with hiring manager and HR 5) Last 2nd round face to face interview with hiring manager and area manager.6) After 3-weeks I am still waiting for a call for a Y/N response, very inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Interview Question – How do you deal with an employee that refuses to follow your instructions.   Answer Question

Learning Solutions Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Essilor of America in August 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty standard. Phone interview, in person and a skills test. No call back after repeated emails to the recruiter and no feedback shared about why I was not advanced even upon requesting it.

Interview Question – Tell me how you would manage an employee that has the skill to do the job but lacks motivation.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Essilor of America in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was very casual- begin with initial phone interview with human resource representative. This was followed by a trip to the facility to meet with the management team. Overall- an easy experience that included behavioural and skillset related questions along with truly checking for cultural fit.

Interview Question – Please discuss your past experiences with strategically managing a facility.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Essilor of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Essilor of America interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Essilor of America employees and interview candidates.