Essilor of America

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

3 people interview you in3 seperate rooms and ask you some behaviorial questions about your CV.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America.

This was a typical interview process with typical questions. The interviewer did however seem to be "shooting from the hip" with the interview questions. This gave the interview a natural flow, but may have led to a subjective choice in for the final candidate. One would expect a set list of questions to be asked, but that didn't seem to be the case

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked were what one would expect to be asked when reviewing a resume.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America.

Telephone contact, face to face interview, telephone contact, offer letter via email and phone confirmation. Actually had two sales managers that knew how to speak and interview sales reps. their presentation was very professional, and questions were open ended was asked how I worked with current customers, did not ask me for customer lists or expected me to go after current customers. The interview went very well with the two that interviewed me, unfortunately because they were messed over nine months later, they were not in my chain for long.

easy straight forward

Brand Sales Consultant Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America in September 2009.

phone screen with hr. invite to meet with hiring manager 1-1, this was more of a get to know you session and to see what type of sales person you are. light on behavioral questions but more heavy on experience and story telling. final interview 1-1 with hiring manager usually invite top 2-3 candidates back

Corporate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America in August 2009.

The one on one lasted for 2 hours. The junior recruiter, was not looking professional and was shabbily clothed and was just "doing her job". She was just interrogating me and was like a Q & A session and I felt I was not sitting there for a job interview but for a media interview. After that the very personable HR manager came in and was very cordial and welcoming and opened a very interesting interview session. She was very knowledgeable and fit the role of a HR manager.
    Upon entry, the receptionist did not say hello but simply asked me to pen down my registeration.
    I sent them a thank you letter, for which I did not get a response, but got a decline letter after a month. Very bad practice. Thanks

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America in November 2009.

received phone call from HR, scheduled interview in a week. first impression to the interview was very impressive. front desk lady and HR lady are super friendly, which helped relieving interview stress. interviewed with two people, one is a manager and the other a director. very pleasant conversation, interviewers were very interested in the interviewee, and things they mentioned such as will get back to me in a week after the interview, were true. very enthusiastic people, all and over all, pleasant experience!

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America in June 2010.

the initial was a phone screeing that was pretty typical. The face to face was with 2 people one who played good cop one who played bad. Not very professional. They asked your typical behavior questions and answers. Only lasted 30 minutes and had the job.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America in April 2011.

I applied online at the Essilor site and was contacted by a recruiter. She described the role and asked a few preliminary questions. She arranged for an in-person interview where I met with the hiring manager and his superior. It was obvious from the start that I was not qualified for the role. The hiring manager asked me a series of technical questions that likely confirmed to him that I wasn't the person he was looking for. His manager seemed nice at first, but made it clear that the last person hired 'couldn't hack it' in the department. She also made it clear that I'd be subjected to a barrage of accounting tests to 'prove I know what is on my resume'. Even if they had called me to move further in the process, I would have declined after that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience with <insert varied technical terms I've never dealt with here>   View Answer

Operations Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America in August 2010.

Interview was very casual- begin with initial phone interview with human resource representative. This was followed by a trip to the facility to meet with the management team. Overall- an easy experience that included behavioural and skillset related questions along with truly checking for cultural fit.

Interview Questions
    • Please discuss your past experiences with strategically managing a facility.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America in September 2011.

HR interview was straight forward.
    Panel interview with 2 hiring managers, one is French. He wanted to speak French to me since my resume mentioned I'm a French linguist as well. It was a bit strange since the other interviewer did not speak French. I had gear back the discussion to why I was there and get back to business.

I was asked to do an MS Excel test online.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work late at night, sometime the two of us logged in from home around midnight.   Answer Question