Essilor of America Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.8

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Interview

3 people interview you in3 seperate rooms and ask you some behaviorial questions about your CV.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor of America.

Interview

Telephone contact, face to face interview, telephone contact, offer letter via email and phone confirmation. Actually had two sales managers that knew how to speak and interview sales reps. their presentation was very professional, and questions were open ended was asked how I worked with current customers, did not ask me for customer lists or expected me to go after current customers. The interview went very well with the two that interviewed me, unfortunately because they were messed over nine months later, they were not in my chain for long.

Negotiation

easy straight forward

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essilor of America.

Interview

This was a typical interview process with typical questions. The interviewer did however seem to be "shooting from the hip" with the interview questions. This gave the interview a natural flow, but may have led to a subjective choice in for the final candidate. One would expect a set list of questions to be asked, but that didn't seem to be the case

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were what one would expect to be asked when reviewing a resume.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Essilor of America (Johnston, RI) in July 2015.

Interview

The most unprofessional experience I've ever had. Applied online, was contacted by a national recruiter/rep. After discussing availability for interviews she set up an interview for a few days later onsite. I get called the day of the interview by the recruiter saying the people at the site I'm interviewing at can't meet me at that time (4:30) and the latest they can see is at 1:30. I can't meet at the time, so she calls me back a few minutes later and an interview is set up a few days later for 1:30. I get to the interview and one of the people I was suppose to interview with isn't there, and the other didn't even know I was coming. She then proceeds to half heartily interview me and it literally lasts 3-4 minutes. No respect or consideration for my time.

Director Key Accounts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor of America in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called, left a message, I tried to call back and did not reach her. I tried for a week before she finally called me again. When we spoke, she told me I was under qualified and to look at the position for the next level down. By the way, she was "outside, because it was such a nice day". There was too much noise in the background. I have never had a recruiter do that and found it unprofessional. After she told me I was unqualified it made me wonder why they called if they already knew that. I looked at the position for the next level down and called her back as she had requested. I emailed her too to follow up as she had requested. After 5 weeks I still never heard back from her. I received 3 rejection letters from Essilor as well. It's insulting and unprofessional. Even more disappointing as my current company does business with this lab. We will be switching labs very soon as a result of this poor treatment, and it's too bad because we are a large account for Essilor.

Part Time Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online via my campus website and was called in for an interview the same week. The interview process was smooth- there was a phone interview first and then an in person interview on site. They were very professional and the interview went well. I was unable to accept the position due to schedule conflicts, but I would consider applying again the the future for a full-time position.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest challenges in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview started with the typical interview questions. The interview was very easy. They asked me a couple of behavioral questions like tell me about yourself and where do you see yourself in 5 years. further into the interview they went over my resume and asked me to describe about my projects. In the end they gave me a situation and asked how i would react to the situation. the situation was related to the Software Development Life Cycle.

Brand Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Essilor of America in September 2009.

Interview

phone screen with hr. invite to meet with hiring manager 1-1, this was more of a get to know you session and to see what type of sales person you are. light on behavioral questions but more heavy on experience and story telling. final interview 1-1 with hiring manager usually invite top 2-3 candidates back

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Essilor of America in August 2009.

Interview

The one on one lasted for 2 hours. The junior recruiter, was not looking professional and was shabbily clothed and was just "doing her job". She was just interrogating me and was like a Q & A session and I felt I was not sitting there for a job interview but for a media interview. After that the very personable HR manager came in and was very cordial and welcoming and opened a very interesting interview session. She was very knowledgeable and fit the role of a HR manager. Upon entry, the receptionist did not say hello but simply asked me to pen down my registeration. I sent them a thank you letter, for which I did not get a response, but got a decline letter after a month. Very bad practice. Thanks

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Essilor of America in November 2009.

Interview

received phone call from HR, scheduled interview in a week. first impression to the interview was very impressive. front desk lady and HR lady are super friendly, which helped relieving interview stress. interviewed with two people, one is a manager and the other a director. very pleasant conversation, interviewers were very interested in the interviewee, and things they mentioned such as will get back to me in a week after the interview, were true. very enthusiastic people, all and over all, pleasant experience!