Essilor of America

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Director of Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America in March 2010.

Scheduled 9 hr interview. Prior phone screen. After 5 hours of interviews that went well, met with the VP doing the hiring who took about 8 minutes of 1.5 hr mtg, discovers I live out of town, complains about HR sending nonlocal, he closes his folder & gets HR to escort me out Lack of class.

Interview Questions
    • Why does HR send me non-local candidates?   View Answer

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Essilor of America in December 2009.

Interview was wonderful really enjoyed the management that attended.

Interview Questions
    Basically took what the position offered.

Brand Sales Consultant Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America in September 2009.

phone screen with hr. invite to meet with hiring manager 1-1, this was more of a get to know you session and to see what type of sales person you are. light on behavioral questions but more heavy on experience and story telling. final interview 1-1 with hiring manager usually invite top 2-3 candidates back

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Essilor of America in January 2008.

Recruiting contacted me for an interview. I completed their basic skills test but never heard back from the company's inside recruiter even with period followups via phone and email.
    ADVICE - Avoid Essilor's recruiting team and try to communicate only with the hiring manager.

Learning Solutions Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Essilor of America in August 2012.

Interview process was pretty standard. Phone interview, in person and a skills test. No call back after repeated emails to the recruiter and no feedback shared about why I was not advanced even upon requesting it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would manage an employee that has the skill to do the job but lacks motivation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America in March 2012.

1) Phone interview with recruiter 2) Schedule interview by another recruiter. 3) Personality test. 4) Face to face interview with hiring manager and HR 5) Last 2nd round face to face interview with hiring manager and area manager.6) After 3-weeks I am still waiting for a call for a Y/N response, very inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with an employee that refuses to follow your instructions.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America in August 2010.

Interview was very casual- begin with initial phone interview with human resource representative. This was followed by a trip to the facility to meet with the management team. Overall- an easy experience that included behavioural and skillset related questions along with truly checking for cultural fit.

Interview Questions
    • Please discuss your past experiences with strategically managing a facility.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America in June 2010.

the initial was a phone screeing that was pretty typical. The face to face was with 2 people one who played good cop one who played bad. Not very professional. They asked your typical behavior questions and answers. Only lasted 30 minutes and had the job.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America in November 2009.

received phone call from HR, scheduled interview in a week. first impression to the interview was very impressive. front desk lady and HR lady are super friendly, which helped relieving interview stress. interviewed with two people, one is a manager and the other a director. very pleasant conversation, interviewers were very interested in the interviewee, and things they mentioned such as will get back to me in a week after the interview, were true. very enthusiastic people, all and over all, pleasant experience!

Corporate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America in August 2009.

The one on one lasted for 2 hours. The junior recruiter, was not looking professional and was shabbily clothed and was just "doing her job". She was just interrogating me and was like a Q & A session and I felt I was not sitting there for a job interview but for a media interview. After that the very personable HR manager came in and was very cordial and welcoming and opened a very interesting interview session. She was very knowledgeable and fit the role of a HR manager.
    Upon entry, the receptionist did not say hello but simply asked me to pen down my registeration.
    I sent them a thank you letter, for which I did not get a response, but got a decline letter after a month. Very bad practice. Thanks