Essilor of America Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.8

Senior EDI Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I had 2 in-person interviews, one of those with an additional person via phone at another company office location.

Interview Questions

• They asked me technical questions about EDI processing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. I was offered the position on a contract-to-hire basis, and was fully hired a month later.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Essilor of America in March 2013.

Interview

Got their opening from school's career center, four interviews in two rounds, one with intern program director and hr, another with direct supervisors. No wired questions, just why company, walk through resume, why the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the project details, some are old so it took me some time to recall the details   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiable.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

One hour phone interview with Talent Aquisition. Asked standard intervew questions -nothing difficult. TA asked for past salary ranges immediately. Would not reveal pay scale for the opportunity. Inteviewed 5 candidates in person with 2 VPs at the office.

Interview Questions

Interview

3 people interview you in3 seperate rooms and ask you some behaviorial questions about your CV.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

HR interview was straight forward. Panel interview with 2 hiring managers, one is French. He wanted to speak French to me since my resume mentioned I'm a French linguist as well. It was a bit strange since the other interviewer did not speak French. I had gear back the discussion to why I was there and get back to business. I was asked to do an MS Excel test online.

Interview Questions

• Can you work late at night, sometime the two of us logged in from home around midnight.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America (Carrollton, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online at the Essilor site and was contacted by a recruiter. She described the role and asked a few preliminary questions. She arranged for an in-person interview where I met with the hiring manager and his superior. It was obvious from the start that I was not qualified for the role. The hiring manager asked me a series of technical questions that likely confirmed to him that I wasn't the person he was looking for. His manager seemed nice at first, but made it clear that the last person hired 'couldn't hack it' in the department. She also made it clear that I'd be subjected to a barrage of accounting tests to 'prove I know what is on my resume'. Even if they had called me to move further in the process, I would have declined after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with <insert varied technical terms I've never dealt with here>   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Essilor of America in April 2010.

Interview

You will interview with every Director as well as the President at the local business unit. It's pleasant and just be yourself. The process will have you initially working with corporate headquarters in Dallas followed by interviews in Centennial, CO.

Negotiation

Good. Vacation is up for negotiation.

Director of Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Scheduled 9 hr interview. Prior phone screen. After 5 hours of interviews that went well, met with the VP doing the hiring who took about 8 minutes of 1.5 hr mtg, discovers I live out of town, complains about HR sending nonlocal, he closes his folder & gets HR to escort me out Lack of class.

Interview Questions

• Why does HR send me non-local candidates?   1 Answer

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Essilor of America (Dallas, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

Interview was wonderful really enjoyed the management that attended.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Basically took what the position offered.

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Essilor of America in September 2009.

Interview

phone screen with hr. invite to meet with hiring manager 1-1, this was more of a get to know you session and to see what type of sales person you are. light on behavioral questions but more heavy on experience and story telling. final interview 1-1 with hiring manager usually invite top 2-3 candidates back