Estée Lauder Companies Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in August 2008.

Very great - Met with a lot of people, got a full rundown on the Corporation and what the job was going to entail.

Interview Questions
  • The 10 year vision, it is hard to answer this and tailor it to their expectations.   View Answer
It was long - they took their time getting back to me and wore down my patience.

Other Interview Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in November 2011.

I got a phone call from a woman in the HR department on a Friday. She was very nice and told me she was interested in meeting with me. She asked me a few basic interview questions over the phone and she was VERY nice. She asked me to come in for a 1:1 interview that following Monday, and I agreed. When I got there I filled out a basic job application in the reception area (receptionist was extremely warm and friendly). After that I met with the woman from HR and she asked me some very easy interview questions and asked about my experience in cosmetics and retail. After that, I went into the company store and had an interview with the Manager. She was great; she assured me she is very easy to work with and I definitely believed her. She was also very friendly and warm. She asked me mostly the same questions I was asked in the HR interview. A week later I got a phone call from the Manager asking me to come in to fill out a little bit of paperwork (it took a week to call me back because it was over the Thanksgiving weekend). I went in, and she offered me the position contingent on my background check results. On Wednesday I got a call notifying me that my background check came back and I was officially hired. I started working the very next day.

Interview Questions
    • How can your related career experience benefit the Company if you are hired for this position?   Answer Question
    • Which computer programs are you comfortable using?   View Answer
    I was asked what I would like to make per hour and I said 10 dollars (I am a student working part time). The manager then told me the starting pay was 11 dollars an hour, which I thought was great because I didn't even have to negotiate and instead of hiring me at the $10/hr like she could have, she stuck with the base pay.

Worked for Estée Lauder Companies? Contribute to the Community!