Estée Lauder Companies Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

2.8

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

This was a surprisingly long interview process for working with make up! I applied for the position through Macy's, and first had two interviews at Macy's, and then one with Talent Plus (over the phone) and finally with a representative from Estee Lauder. It took about 2-3 weeks total after first being contacted (I had to wait a little once turning in my app before even hearing back!).
The job pays $9.50 an hour, plus 3% commission which is very good for a part time job in retail. Everyone was extremelyy friendly and excited and I am thrilled to begin this job!

Interview Questions
  • The questions were not difficult at all really! If you imagine what you want in customer service yourself, it becomes easy to work in this industry. They definitely look for people with experience because most questions talked about that (I've never worked in cosmetics before but I have as a waitress and as a sales associate for a different industry and that worked well). Overall not difficult, just be yourself!   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Applied through Macys they were very very quick to reply as per usual, had interview with two different managers. The first was a random macys manager the second was with the cosmetics manager who was nice and although I dont work there anymore I still have the number of the cosmetics manager we became very close.

Interview Questions
    • Name a Time when you had to work with someone you didnt like or care for.   View Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

The hiring and interview process was very long! I don't know how well to put it into words, but since I worked for a store with Estée Lauder being a counter inside I had to go through 3 initial interviews with upper management in the store itself. Then got transferred to a talent plus interview over the phone which was a long interview involving pretty simple yet common sense questions regarding myself and how to communicate and build customer relationships. After talent plus I then got transferred to an interview with the account coordinator within that district. Luckily, after a total of 5 interviews and 2 1/2 weeks, I got hired.

Interview Questions
    • I would have to say the most difficult question I had to answer was definitely, "How would you impact and make this company succeed?"   View Answer
    We would love to offer you the position as a PT Beauty Advisor with Estée Lauder starting at $$$, do you accept?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in February 2013.

It will all depend on which department store you interview for, but I was hired through one of the Bon-Ton stores. I had five interviews, including Talent Plus, which everyone hired at Estee Lauder has to pass. That interview is the one that makes or break you getting the job, and it's a phone interview in which you're asked questions and you answer. There's no conversation between you and the interviewer. They're judging your personality and you must fall into three of their "categories". The other interviews are typical department store interviews about customer service. Estee Lauder is always looking for people, so those interviews are a piece of cake.

Interview Questions
    • The whole Talent Plus thing was rather difficult. They asked obscure questions. But, no one gets asked the same questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Riverside, IL
    Anonymous Employee in North Riverside, IL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in May 2012.

First had the interview with the HR at carson's then 4 days later had a second interview with the manager at estee lauder on tuesday everything wen't great the only thing is that im expecting and just didn't know how to word it out but did let them know and willing to work for them after the baby is born then third interview after a weeks and know i have to wait for a phone interview im pretty exited and but don't want to put my hope up to high either....atleast i tried and hope for the best!!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sturgeon Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sturgeon Bay, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in March 2012.

First go through a general series of questions over the phone from a desk personal that looks for key words. Then if you pass the regional personal calls you and asks another series of questions based upon selling skills, past related work and goals. If they approve then it is up to your store manager (Younkers, Macy's etc.) to offer you the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you are loyal to? What is something you would stand up for or protest in a public setting?   View Answer
    I would negotiate wage, Estee Lauder is willing to pay more than what the stores they are in are willing to pay (Bon Ton, Macy's).

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

I went through a long process. I was first contacted by the department store manager and got interviewed 4 time, first time with the department manager and floor manager, 2nd time with the counter manager, 3rd time with the counter manager and sales rep, each one lasted about 15 mins. After that I was notified that I will get a phone interview with someone from the headquarters which lasted about 1 hour.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Initial telephone interview was fairly simple-talking about the brand and why I want to work for it. Subsequently had an interview with the regional manager. I was very nervous as this was to be my very first beauty job and I didn't have experience in it. I was successful on both stages.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your manager did something you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quebec, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Quebec, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in October 2011.

Basically a woman calls you up and asks you a bunch of questions about marketing strategies and selling techniques, etc. I was interviewing for Estée Lauder, and I had learned everything about the company, even about Ms. Lauder herself, but the woman never even MENTIONED the company. She just kept asking questions about selling. For example: "It's 3 pm and the shop closes at 5, yet you haven't made a single sale yet. What are you going to do to reach your goal?" and "Have you ever won an award? If so, for what?" and "When was the last you showed a sense of leadership, and for what exactly?" Stupid stuff like that ...

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you showed a sense of leadership, and for which situation?   Answer Question
    • You need to sell a certain number of products on a specific day to reach your sales goal for the day, yet you haven't made many sales on that day. What are you going to do to achieve your goal?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in November 2009.

This interview primarily takes place in the store that is interested in your resume. The store must also have a position avalible that needs to be filled. After being interviwed by store management, if your chosen you get a second interview with an Estee Lauder employee.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with makeup and skin care products? and what is the importance of skin care?   Answer Question
    No negotiation salary is fixed depending on skill level and experience.