Estée Lauder Companies Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.6

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in June 2015.

Interview

I landed an interview with Macy's ( I was initially going for the commission sales, nothing in cosmetics) but the manager loved me so much she wanted me to work with her. She wanted me to be in the cosmetics department since not to toot my own horn but I always get compliments on my makeup and your girl can sell. She went ahead and suggested Estée Lauder. I did the interview with her, then I had anther face to face interview the following day with another manager and a supervisor. I also did great, I then had to go through a phone interview " Talent Plus". They called me and asked to schedule an appointment. My appointment day came and they called me right on time. It was about a 40minute interview. I thought I did great, gave solid honest answers and all in all I thought I nailed it. That was on Monday. A week passed by and nothing. I called Macy's manager and she told me she would contact Estée Lauder to see my results. Another day passes by and she informs me I was not a match. She was at disbelief as so was I. She offered me another job that doesn't involve this nonsense

Other Interview Reviews for Estée Lauder Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Beaumont, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Macy's. Application and questionnaire took about an hour. They responded via email for me to schedule an interview for myself online. I met with the store manager, who read questions and wrote my responses. My name was passed down to Estée Lauder rep who scheduled a Talent Plus interview. The best was to do well on the Talent Plus interview is to familiarize yourself with the types of questions through Glassdoor or Google. I think interviewed with an Estée Lauder rep and counter manager face to face. After that Macy's called me in to offer me the job. Just stay bubbly and positive throughout the process and everything will work out, whether you have experience or not!

Interview Questions

• Are you addicted to positivism?   1 Answer
    • Why Estée Lauder/Macy's?   1 Answer
    • Are you honest? Scale of 1-10   1 Answer
    • Are you assertive?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about complainers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Almost 2 hours long phone interview. General repetitive questions. 2nd interview with brand executive, 3rd with counter mgr. Then they take forever to make an offer. If its Macy's they dont pay much.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to bring in sales on a slow day? (In person interview)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

They want to see your previous sales experience and make sure you are able to make their numbers. Have you worked for other companies previous to theirs? if so where and how long? what was the result in their sales? Tell me about a time when you took initiative to get something done?

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview

This was a surprisingly long interview process for working with make up! I applied for the position through Macy's, and first had two interviews at Macy's, and then one with Talent Plus (over the phone) and finally with a representative from Estee Lauder. It took about 2-3 weeks total after first being contacted (I had to wait a little once turning in my app before even hearing back!).
    The job pays $9.50 an hour, plus 3% commission which is very good for a part time job in retail. Everyone was extremelyy friendly and excited and I am thrilled to begin this job!

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult at all really! If you imagine what you want in customer service yourself, it becomes easy to work in this industry. They definitely look for people with experience because most questions talked about that (I've never worked in cosmetics before but I have as a waitress and as a sales associate for a different industry and that worked well). Overall not difficult, just be yourself!   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview

Applied through Macys they were very very quick to reply as per usual, had interview with two different managers. The first was a random macys manager the second was with the cosmetics manager who was nice and although I dont work there anymore I still have the number of the cosmetics manager we became very close.

Interview Questions

• Name a Time when you had to work with someone you didnt like or care for.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very long! I don't know how well to put it into words, but since I worked for a store with Estée Lauder being a counter inside I had to go through 3 initial interviews with upper management in the store itself. Then got transferred to a talent plus interview over the phone which was a long interview involving pretty simple yet common sense questions regarding myself and how to communicate and build customer relationships. After talent plus I then got transferred to an interview with the account coordinator within that district. Luckily, after a total of 5 interviews and 2 1/2 weeks, I got hired.

Interview Questions

• I would have to say the most difficult question I had to answer was definitely, "How would you impact and make this company succeed?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

We would love to offer you the position as a PT Beauty Advisor with Estée Lauder starting at $$$, do you accept?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Green Bay, WI) in February 2013.

Interview

It will all depend on which department store you interview for, but I was hired through one of the Bon-Ton stores. I had five interviews, including Talent Plus, which everyone hired at Estee Lauder has to pass. That interview is the one that makes or break you getting the job, and it's a phone interview in which you're asked questions and you answer. There's no conversation between you and the interviewer. They're judging your personality and you must fall into three of their "categories". The other interviews are typical department store interviews about customer service. Estee Lauder is always looking for people, so those interviews are a piece of cake.

Interview Questions

• The whole Talent Plus thing was rather difficult. They asked obscure questions. But, no one gets asked the same questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Riverside, IL

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (North Riverside, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

First had the interview with the HR at carson's then 4 days later had a second interview with the manager at estee lauder on tuesday everything wen't great the only thing is that im expecting and just didn't know how to word it out but did let them know and willing to work for them after the baby is born then third interview after a weeks and know i have to wait for a phone interview im pretty exited and but don't want to put my hope up to high either....atleast i tried and hope for the best!!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sturgeon Bay, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies (Sturgeon Bay, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

First go through a general series of questions over the phone from a desk personal that looks for key words. Then if you pass the regional personal calls you and asks another series of questions based upon selling skills, past related work and goals. If they approve then it is up to your store manager (Younkers, Macy's etc.) to offer you the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What is something you are loyal to? What is something you would stand up for or protest in a public setting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would negotiate wage, Estee Lauder is willing to pay more than what the stores they are in are willing to pay (Bon Ton, Macy's).