Estée Lauder Companies

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in December 2011.

With 7 years luxury brand experience (Coach, RL Purple Label, etc) and an ivy league education, I was one of the final three candidates for this position. Unfortunately, the manager for whom I'd be working began the interview admitting a hangover from the Christmas party, the night before! Then, she winged a few open-ended questions at me, like "Tell me about yourself." I did my best to respond with aplomb, relevant projects, education, similar brand pricing strategies. This may sound like a loser's lament, but I wasn't impressed and wasn't too disappointed not to hear back. Albeit, she was a long-term contract project manager. Was also scheduled to meet with the GLobal head of finance for one of the major brands, before that interview, but the head was off--site and asked to reschedule. I never heard back about following up. I realize they were also looking of rmore of a computer analyst, than a finance/strategy analyst, the interviewer let me know this in the interview.

Interview Questions