Estée Lauder Companies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.9

Finance Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

HR contacted me for a phone screen and notified me that someone will schedule me to come in. 3 weeks later when it was time to come in, the day before it got cancelled and rescheduled. 1 week later, same thing happened. Then I was told I would have to meet with somebody different within HR. After trying to coordinate schedules again, by this time I had found and accepted a different position.

HR should create a more streamlined, faster process - or else they will risk missing out on talent.

Global Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Had an initial phone interview with HR which lasted about 30-45 minutes and was invited to meet face to face with HR. Arrived 10 minutes early and passed through security. Met with the HR person again and noticed she had my resume covered in notes. She proceeded to ask me the same questions she asked me over the phone. It was pretty much a waste of time and I felt it was meant to fill up her schedule since HR is not located in that area of NYC. No follow up at all I had to email her the following week and it then took her 2 additional weeks to email me saying the hiring manager wanted someone with more experience! So I took time out of my schedule to travel to NYC which is of course not cheap just to hear that? You knew my experience when you initially read my resume, when we spoke for almost an hour on the phone, and when you had me come in for an interview. Their HR is much to be desired and they need a complete overhaul as I am not the only person who's experienced this unprofessionalism at the hands of Estee Lauder's human resources department.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume. How would you handle this situation? What is your typical day like?   Answer Question

Cost Analyst Temp Interview

I walked in and went straight to the excel assessment, I was told beforehand that there will be an excel assessment, but there was not an getting-to-know-you as I thought there would be. I was straight to business as I walked in. I can tell it's a very serious company.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in March 2015.

applied on their website got a call a week or so after for an in person interview. They told me they are not providing relocation for this position and I needed that so I ended up not going!

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

I was very excited to take a phone interview, when I quickly learned that I would never want to work there. The woman interviewing me was extremely rude and condescending. Later, my recruiter informed me that she has that reputation in the industry. I would not want to work for a company that chooses to have a rude employee conduct first interviews, would you? I am very glad they did not offer me the position.

Entry Level IT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Human Resources interview went well and I was asked to come in for a second interview with the department manager. I was told they would be contacting me with their decision, either way, but I never heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked by Human Resources if I was a thinker, planner or doer.   Answer Question

Director, Global Store Design Interview

I was contacted by the HR department about the position. After a phone interview with HR, I was contacted for an in-person interview. The interview started late, and was conducted in the manager's office, who continued to work during the interview. The entire experience was very unprofessional and a waste of time.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Received an email for an interview more than one month after applied. 1 interview: interviewed by 2 people. 3 weeks later received an email to come back for 2 round: interviewed by 2 people. 2 weeks laters received a call for references, because they would like me to work there. Waited 2 more weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a difficult situation you encontered at work and how you handles it.   Answer Question

Corporate Marketing Interview

Interview is very straight forward. They ask for no technical questions, or difficult questions. They start by asking you to walk them through your resume. Then some questions on your previous work experience, what you did and what you have learned from them. It is a very conversational interview and they are very kind. Act confident and you will be fine.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in October 2014.

Initially contacted through Linked In. Very lovely email and interaction with the HR Representative. Three hour interview was rescheduled rather last minute on two occasions. Had to wait in the lobby for about 30 minutes; the last two interiewers at EL I was scheduled to meet with were mysteriously nowhere to be found.

Never heard back, but kind of a long ordeal.

Interview Questions
    • What's an example of a mistake you made and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    • How do you plan to bridge the gap between business objectives and design initiatives?   Answer Question