Estée Lauder Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview Details – I applied for a Director level role and through a few high level employee referrals I got to be interviewed just a few days after submitting application. An interview was scheduled by a Talent Acquisition coordinator. I interviewed with the Talent Acquisition Director responsible for all VP roles.

Makeup Artist Interview

Makeup Artist

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview Details – My initial interview was with the counter manager. She was extremely kind and liked my personality. Once I was done with that interview, I met with the cosmetics manager and then filled out paper work.

Interview Question – What do you know about Estee Lauder products   View Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Green Bay, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in February 2013.

Interview Details – It will all depend on which department store you interview for, but I was hired through one of the Bon-Ton stores. I had five interviews, including Talent Plus, which everyone hired at Estee Lauder has to pass. That interview is the one that makes or break you getting the job, and it's a phone interview in which you're asked questions and you answer. There's no conversation between you and the interviewer. They're judging your personality and you must fall into three of their "categories". The other interviews are typical department store interviews about customer service. Estee Lauder is always looking for people, so those interviews are a piece of cake.

Interview Question – The whole Talent Plus thing was rather difficult. They asked obscure questions. But, no one gets asked the same questions.   Answer Question

Operations Finance Administrator Interview

Operations Finance Administrator
Melville, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in July 2013.

Interview Details – The Interviewer was very nice and relaxed. She tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible. We spoke for about an hour. It was an easy-going conversation. She asked the basic interview questions nothing too far fetch. No questions on specific products or anything like that. Overall, it was a positive interview.

Interview Question – Asked me a detail the results of a final project in one of my classes i took in college.   Answer Question

Diector Interview

Diector

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in September 2013.

Interview Details – One phone screen from HR and few weeks later interview with VP. It was great and talked more than an hour. Only problem was, I was never heard back from it.

Interview Question – Not really. Just straight one and one talk   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Administrator

Interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies

Interview Details – It took about a month until I got a call that I had the interview and about a month later until I officially got an offer. The most frustrated part is the waiting game to get the interview and then not knowing if you got the job. I meet with 3 different people for 1 interview, which was good in a sense because I didn't have to go to multiple ones.

Interview Question – I really didn't have one. The questions were generic interview questions I guess since it was an admin role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Paid pretty good for the role due to my experience.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview Details – Asked previous project. Really nice and friendly. Discussed about the employers' job description. He asked about my previous projects and what I learnt from them. Discussed my future goals. Talked about the intern position responsibilities.

Interview Question – How did you handle tough situations?   Answer Question

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Laboratory Assistant

Interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies

Interview Details – This is an internship position offered through my college. Many students in the Chemistry major were sent e-mails, and after students were chosen for interviews, a large group interview was conducted. Calling it a group interview is almost a lie, as all the interviewees were asked was information readily available on a sheet that Estee Lauder had asked us to provide. The "interview" lasted all of 8 minutes, considering that there were 14 applicants, very little was said by anyone. We were then sent e-mails telling us where we were assigned.

Interview Question – "What do you hope to get out of this experience". The "hardest" question because it was the only question.   Answer Question

Immigration Assistant Manager Interview

Immigration Assistant Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interview Details – The interviews were great! I had 4 interviews in total 1 phone and 3 in person. Everyone from HR to the Director, then the VP were pleasant and very informative about what they wanted from me and the position. I feel like they communicated so well.

Interview Question – I was very prepared for the interview so I do not feel as though there were any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because the gave me exactly what I wanted

PR Director Interview

PR Director
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in February 2012.

Interview Details – Screened heavily by HR- this took two meetings, one that was about a half hour and one that was an hour that probed on personality and working style. I did two more interviews afterwards with two separate brands. One was for the EL Cosmetics brand- she was friendly, knowledgeable and ultimately felt that I was over-qualified for the position. The other person I interviewed with worked for Clinique talked mostly about herself without asking me about my background or experience. She seemed extremely scattered and unfocused.

Interview Question – Honestly, I felt like the HR probing was the most grueling out all of the interviews I did there. She asked me about how I interact with coworkers in meetings, presented me with hypothetical difficult work scenarios and asked repeatedly to describe myself and how I express my opinions, accept work criticism, etc.   Answer Question

Worked for Estée Lauder Companies? Contribute to the Community!