Estée Lauder Companies

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Received an email for an interview more than one month after applied. 1 interview: interviewed by 2 people. 3 weeks later received an email to come back for 2 round: interviewed by 2 people. 2 weeks laters received a call for references, because they would like me to work there. Waited 2 more weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a difficult situation you encontered at work and how you handles it.   Answer Question

Corporate Marketing Interview

Interview is very straight forward. They ask for no technical questions, or difficult questions. They start by asking you to walk them through your resume. Then some questions on your previous work experience, what you did and what you have learned from them. It is a very conversational interview and they are very kind. Act confident and you will be fine.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in October 2014.

Initially contacted through Linked In. Very lovely email and interaction with the HR Representative. Three hour interview was rescheduled rather last minute on two occasions. Had to wait in the lobby for about 30 minutes; the last two interiewers at EL I was scheduled to meet with were mysteriously nowhere to be found.

Never heard back, but kind of a long ordeal.

Interview Questions
    • What's an example of a mistake you made and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    • How do you plan to bridge the gap between business objectives and design initiatives?   Answer Question

Makeup Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Interviewed at Irving, TX office. Was asked about why I was interested in applying make-up to people. Asked what my prior experience was and how that would facilitate my success with Estee Lauder. Asked if I had selling skills. Asked if I was okay with traveling to various stores in the Texas area. Asked if I was willing to stay overnight.

Interview Questions
    Don't accept their minimum offer if you have the experience.

Manager, Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Completely unprofessional interview process by human resources. Received 5 missed calls and voicemails during business working hours from the HR manager and played phone tag for 3wks. Finally, I asked they try to reach me through email as it was the best way for me to respond since I have a demanding work schedule and can not make personal calls during the day.

The first and second round interviews were finally scheduled. On the day I went to the interview, HR told me they would meet me in the lobby. Not only did no one meet me, security held me downstairs and would not let me up since I was not listed on the security list. Security repeated called the receptionist and HR contact with only no one to answer. Now it is 20 minutes later and I was begging the security desk to try patching through to any personnel on that floor to allow me up so I would not be late for my interview time.

After they finally let me up, I then sat in the receptionist area for 40 minutes waiting past my official interview start time. The HR person did not even call the receptionist desk to say they would be delayed...nothing. After 45 minutes the time when our interview time was meant to end, I finally said I had to head back to the office and could not wait any longer.

There after I expected a phone call, email, anything to apologize for what had transpired with being stood up on my interview. I got nothing. Until I emailed the HR contact the next day and she finally emailed me back. It was this very strange excuse about her going on vacation next wk and not being able to reschedule for phone or in person interview. In addition she also cancelled my already scheduled 2nd round with the VP.

I have never encountered such a lack of respect for a candidate's time and unprofessional treatment of a fellow working professional in the industry. It turned me off from ever applying or working for this company.

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

This was a surprisingly long interview process for working with make up! I applied for the position through Macy's, and first had two interviews at Macy's, and then one with Talent Plus (over the phone) and finally with a representative from Estee Lauder. It took about 2-3 weeks total after first being contacted (I had to wait a little once turning in my app before even hearing back!).
    The job pays $9.50 an hour, plus 3% commission which is very good for a part time job in retail. Everyone was extremelyy friendly and excited and I am thrilled to begin this job!

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult at all really! If you imagine what you want in customer service yourself, it becomes easy to work in this industry. They definitely look for people with experience because most questions talked about that (I've never worked in cosmetics before but I have as a waitress and as a sales associate for a different industry and that worked well). Overall not difficult, just be yourself!   View Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

Applied through Macys they were very very quick to reply as per usual, had interview with two different managers. The first was a random macys manager the second was with the cosmetics manager who was nice and although I dont work there anymore I still have the number of the cosmetics manager we became very close.

Interview Questions
    • Name a Time when you had to work with someone you didnt like or care for.   View Answer

Counter Manager/Macy's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies in August 2014.

2nd interview with Talent Plus was ridiculous...typical questions ex: on a scale of 1-10 are you a positive person? etc.....Like talking to a robot. This Talent Plus Co. is worthless!

Makeup Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

My initial interview was with the counter manager. She was extremely kind and liked my personality. Once I was done with that interview, I met with the cosmetics manager and then filled out paper work.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Estee Lauder products   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Estée Lauder Companies.

I applied for a Director level role and through a few high level employee referrals I got to be interviewed just a few days after submitting application. An interview was scheduled by a Talent Acquisition coordinator. I interviewed with the Talent Acquisition Director responsible for all VP roles.