Estee Lauder UK Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2014
Updated Jun 2, 2014

2.8

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Estee Lauder UK in July 2013.

Casual, welcoming interview from district manger. Took me to a tea shop to discuss plans on improving the business and my future intention with the brand. Spoke a lot to what would be expected. Also had to pass a phone interview with a personality test program.

Interview Questions
    • What is your 30, 60, 90 day plan for this particular location?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Estee Lauder UK in February 2014.

I submitted my resume to a posting on craigslist and heard back within a few days. I was called in for a face to face interview with the account executive. I felt it went really well. Everyone that I met was very friendly and she did not hesitate to answer any of my questions. It was also very informative as far as how far in the company I could go when starting off at counter level.

Interview Questions
    • The questions in the face to face interview was not difficult at all. However, the phone interview with talent plus was very difficult but that is just how that interview process is designed to be from the reviews that I read.   Answer Question

Executive Director Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Estee Lauder UK.

Difficult, long process to get in, but worth it. Met with Human Resources, then 4 technical people in the finance area.

Fair, but this was back in 2001; I do not know what it is like today. Salary offer was initially higher, then retracted which was disappointing, but it still wound up being a lateral move and a good salary.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Estee Lauder UK.

There was an initial interview with HR manager then a separate one with director. The offices are in an amazing location with views of Central Park. Offices themselves look very tired and the general atmosphere not good.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard interview questions but also very relaxed.   Answer Question

The role was very generalist with little support above or below. Creative freedom also seems very limited.

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Estee Lauder UK.

Online application. You must pass a phone interview called the Talent Plus. It's sort of like a personality test. You must possess at least 3 of the 7 traits required to work there. Traits like competitive, relationship builder, compassionate, goal oriented etc. wasn't too hard but I hear only about 1 in 10 people pass it.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation you are pretty much told that's where every BA starts.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Estee Lauder UK in September 2011.

9 interviews total, including two 2 on 1 interviews. Very intense process. I met with everyone in the department I was going to work with. Even though it was a lot of interviews, it was nice to get to meet everyone I was going to work with so I knew how the work environment would be.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Estee Lauder UK in July 2009.

Really simple applied on-line, HR called in about one week. Interview was really sime and easy.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weakness and how to handle diffcult customers   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Very vigorous

Interview Questions
    • Why would you apply to this position when it is not related to your previous position?.   Answer Question
    VERY HARD! They WILL NOT budge

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Estee Lauder UK in June 2012.

They only focus on your experience in retail or sales... they are interested in looking for people who will be out-going and giving to the customers

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Estee Lauder UK in November 2010.

I had heard from a temp agency of a position and submitted a resume. Heard a few weeks later they wanted to see a resume that showed skillset. Updated resume and submitted. Was interviewed a few days later. Started position two days later. My initial inkling was that my manager's manager was out of touch with the group (proved out to be right over time); the good thing was that everyone else around the office seemed to be in a good mood, which is what attracted me to work there.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about our brands?   View Answer
    • On a scale of 1 to 10, how good are you with Excel?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate up a bit. The company typically has salaries lower than most companies in the industry (well, fashion is notorious for its salaries I suppose). Ultimately, if they want you, you can probably bump up a little bit.

Worked for Estee Lauder UK? Contribute to the Community!