Estee Lauder UK Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Estee Lauder UK (Columbia, SC) in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a posting on craigslist and heard back within a few days. I was called in for a face to face interview with the account executive. I felt it went really well. Everyone that I met was very friendly and she did not hesitate to answer any of my questions. It was also very informative as far as how far in the company I could go when starting off at counter level.

Interview Questions

• The questions in the face to face interview was not difficult at all. However, the phone interview with talent plus was very difficult but that is just how that interview process is designed to be from the reviews that I read.   Answer Question

Executive Director Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Estee Lauder UK (Melville, NY).

Interview

Difficult, long process to get in, but worth it. Met with Human Resources, then 4 technical people in the finance area.

Negotiation

Fair, but this was back in 2001; I do not know what it is like today. Salary offer was initially higher, then retracted which was disappointing, but it still wound up being a lateral move and a good salary.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Estee Lauder UK (New York, NY).

Interview

There was an initial interview with HR manager then a separate one with director. The offices are in an amazing location with views of Central Park. Offices themselves look very tired and the general atmosphere not good.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions but also very relaxed.   Answer Question

The role was very generalist with little support above or below. Creative freedom also seems very limited.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Estee Lauder UK.

Interview

Online application. You must pass a phone interview called the Talent Plus. It's sort of like a personality test. You must possess at least 3 of the 7 traits required to work there. Traits like competitive, relationship builder, compassionate, goal oriented etc. wasn't too hard but I hear only about 1 in 10 people pass it.

Interview Questions

• Does seniority mean priority?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation you are pretty much told that's where every BA starts.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Estee Lauder UK in July 2013.

Interview

Casual, welcoming interview from district manger. Took me to a tea shop to discuss plans on improving the business and my future intention with the brand. Spoke a lot to what would be expected. Also had to pass a phone interview with a personality test program.

Interview Questions

• What is your 30, 60, 90 day plan for this particular location?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Very vigorous

Interview Questions

• Why would you apply to this position when it is not related to your previous position?.   Answer Question

Negotiation

VERY HARD! They WILL NOT budge

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Estee Lauder UK (Marlborough, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

They only focus on your experience in retail or sales... they are interested in looking for people who will be out-going and giving to the customers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Estee Lauder UK (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

9 interviews total, including two 2 on 1 interviews. Very intense process. I met with everyone in the department I was going to work with. Even though it was a lot of interviews, it was nice to get to meet everyone I was going to work with so I knew how the work environment would be.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Estee Lauder UK (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied for sales associate at Macy's for Estee Lauder. I applied online and after only few days, they called me and we scheduled phone interview which was after two or three days. It was not really phone interview but she just wanted to talk with me for a bit. After few questions, we scheduled the REAL phone interview which was after another few days. It was at 7 pm, evening hours, and the person who needed to call me was late. I prepared myself in bedroom, my husband was with baby in other room. I had snacks, information about company and questions, and all other stuff. I was sooo nervous because she let me wait. Than she called me and it was 60 minutes long interview. It was very very intense, she told me that she will keep asking with no response and I just need to answer the questions. If I didn't answer fast enough she said, Ok, we will pass. After those the longest 60 minutes in my life of intense questioning and answering I was ready for bed!! I was exhausted! That was a month ago and I didn't even received an email of phone call that they picked someone else. So rude.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Estee Lauder?   Answer Question
    • What was your biggest accomplishment at your former jobs?   Answer Question
    • When and what was the last time you made someone positive?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle negative additute at work form co-workers?   Answer Question
    • How honest you are on scale from 1 to 10? And after 50 other questions she asked 'If you see your co-worker to give some customer a product for too low price or she did something illegal what would you do? (be honest)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Estee Lauder UK (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I had heard from a temp agency of a position and submitted a resume. Heard a few weeks later they wanted to see a resume that showed skillset. Updated resume and submitted. Was interviewed a few days later. Started position two days later. My initial inkling was that my manager's manager was out of touch with the group (proved out to be right over time); the good thing was that everyone else around the office seemed to be in a good mood, which is what attracted me to work there.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our brands?   1 Answer
    • On a scale of 1 to 10, how good are you with Excel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate up a bit. The company typically has salaries lower than most companies in the industry (well, fashion is notorious for its salaries I suppose). Ultimately, if they want you, you can probably bump up a little bit.