Esterline

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Engineer Intern Interview

Sylmar, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Esterline in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to the job, then got called in for an interview.

Interview Question – What makes you qualified to work as a quality engineer here at Esterline?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Everett, WA

I applied online and interviewed at Esterline.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process

Interview Question – They asked me specific about things I did 15 years ago   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Esterline.

Interview Details – It depends on who interviews you. If it's the Engineering Manager, he would just talk about himself.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Electrical Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Esterline.

Interview Details – Applied for the position through their company website. Received an email request for phone interview. Questions were general and there wasn't any specific question on EE. Some of the questions were:
Give a review of your resume
Describe any hardware or software experiences
Explain work done or projects during previous intern/co-op
Clarification on work authorization

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Sylmar, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Esterline.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from HR within a month. The scheduled to meet a group and then 1:1 with upper management. The process took about a month after HR contacting me. They emphasize heavy on referrals from your previous employer/s or people who have worked with you.

Interview Question – Was I a good guy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered what I expected.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Esterline in January 2010.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview and a group interview. Received an offer and rejected the offer

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Low pay

Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Esterline in August 2007.

Interview Details – Director conducted a telephone interview as to pre-screen me. I was invited to come to a face to face interview a few days later.

Spoke one on one with the director. Then spoke with a group of people who would become my peers. The next day I was asked to come and meet with people from various other departments.

The next interview began with me speaking with about eight people who were managers and directors and ended with me speaking with two other peers from a division led by the director that I originally had my one on one interview with.

An offer was made a few days later.

Interview Question – Describe the process I go through to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted one week more vacation then the minimum starting alloted vacation. They would not agree to that but offered me and extra week's worth of salary in lieu of the time off.

I ended up getting 20% more than my previous employer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Esterline? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Esterline interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Esterline employees and interview candidates.