Esterline Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2015

2.6

Trade Compliance Export Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Esterline (Brea, CA).

Interview

The people I interviewed with were professional. You have to make sure you complete a visitor form completed and submitted to the company prior to arriving at the location. They have a strong visiting policy. If you have a camera phone they place a little sticker on the phone. The interview was focused on the position. Make sure you get there with enough time to park and walk to front desk and not be late to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I was applying for the position?   1 Answer
    • If I had to say something I would change about my current manager, what would I change?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

interviewed at Esterline (Buena Park, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

1st Interview was with Director of Engineering. While the interview was excellent and a positive experience, the second interview was with the VP. The second interview was, I thought, a positive experience. In reality during the feedback from the headhunter was that I was, "cocky". In reality I have 20 years of experience and they are probably looking for a person with probably less than 10 years and a very junior engineer. I was asked to stay over the Holiday weekend, which I did, despite my previous plans. This has been a very expensive waste of time to interview here. You may choose to, but in the future, I probably will not.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked was the time old question of which 2 would you choose, Cost, Quality or Schedule.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Esterline (Everett, WA).

Interview

Very thorough interview process

Interview Questions

• They asked me specific about things I did 15 years ago   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Esterline.

Interview

It depends on who interviews you. If it's the Engineering Manager, he would just talk about himself.

Quality Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Esterline (Sylmar, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied to the job, then got called in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified to work as a quality engineer here at Esterline?   Answer Question

Electrical Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Esterline.

Interview

Applied for the position through their company website. Received an email request for phone interview. Questions were general and there wasn't any specific question on EE. Some of the questions were:
    Give a review of your resume
    Describe any hardware or software experiences
    Explain work done or projects during previous intern/co-op
    Clarification on work authorization

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Esterline (Sylmar, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR within a month. The scheduled to meet a group and then 1:1 with upper management. The process took about a month after HR contacting me. They emphasize heavy on referrals from your previous employer/s or people who have worked with you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered what I expected.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Esterline (Bellevue, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Individual and group process. They treated me very nice and paid any expenses incurred. They were very professional but, laid back at the same time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Esterline (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

Started with phone interview and a group interview. Received an offer and rejected the offer

Low pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Esterline (Seattle, WA) in August 2007.

Interview

Director conducted a telephone interview as to pre-screen me. I was invited to come to a face to face interview a few days later.

Spoke one on one with the director. Then spoke with a group of people who would become my peers. The next day I was asked to come and meet with people from various other departments.

The next interview began with me speaking with about eight people who were managers and directors and ended with me speaking with two other peers from a division led by the director that I originally had my one on one interview with.

An offer was made a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wanted one week more vacation then the minimum starting alloted vacation. They would not agree to that but offered me and extra week's worth of salary in lieu of the time off.

I ended up getting 20% more than my previous employer.