Estes Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Estes Express in April 2012.

Interview Details – Professional and dignified - My interview was the friendliest, most comfortable of any in my experience. ANY job in this Transportation Company qualifies their candidates through all the processes: experience, background, criminal, and drug testing.

Interview Question – Related to exact experience in transportation (trucking) logistics, related experience, and specific soft ware experience.   Answer Question

Inbound Supervisor/Dispatcher/Outbound Supervisor Interview

Reason for Declining – Not a good company to far behind everyone eles

Terminal Clerk Interview

Terminal Clerk
Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Estes Express in February 2013.

Interview Details – Met with Office Supervisor. Initially a nice interview. Sounded promising at first. Then met with Terminal Manager. Seemed genuine and sincere. Although I held off on asking him questions about how lateral transfers worked. Because my initial job interview I informed the office supervisor I was over-qualified for this position.

Interview Question – Mostly questions about customer service and duties I performed in another top-of the line freight company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Verify everything you discussed with the office supervisor with the Terminal Manager. If I would have taken that simple step, I would have turned down the job as I was over qualified for Appt Clerk. I found out after the current OSD Clerk was promoted to dock Supervisor, that protocol called for more interviews and you could not just change sheets for a non-management job in the same department. First company I ever worked for where you had to inverview for transferring from a non-management job to a non-management job in the same department. Estes decided to hire from the outside and as of the date of this review, that person has also left the company.

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Estes Express in April 2013.

Interview Details – Met with a Director, the interview process was basic. The questions were more behavioral questions, It felt as though I was the first person he interviewed, he appeared to be more nervous than I was. He was very nice given the situation.

Interview Question – There was not really any difficult questions. I discussed my previous experience and offered suggestions as to how to handle different projects.   Answer Question

Dock Worker Interview

Dock Worker

Interviewed at Estes Express

Interview Details – they hire anyone cause your not going to last

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Estes Express in June 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by face to face interview.

Interview Question – None very straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, the made offer and it was final.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Estes Express in December 2009.

Interview Details – Called in for an interview a week or so after submitting my application, went for an interview. It was very nerve racking since I was not prepared. Asked about my work history, My greatest strength and weakness. Lasted about 40 minutes. Offered a job a week later, had a drug test that same day the offer came through.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Estes Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Estes Express interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Estes Express employees and interview candidates.