Estes Express Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.1

Dock Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Estes Express.

Interview

I had to keep calling about this job because everyone is so busy that they never found the time to call me back. The interview was average, nothing special. I was in and out in 15 min including waiting time. The post the position and they get you in fast if they like you and you pass a drug test, you start asap

Interview Questions

• What have you hear about this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Dock Worker/Hostler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Estes Express (Tucson, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

When I applied, it was fair but very slow. It took 1 month to get hired. I don't know how long it should take, but I have been hired in one percent of the time this company takes

Terminal Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Estes Express (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Completed the application on site. Terminal manager reviewed my application while I was there and asked if he could go ahead and interview me. I was hired on the spot pending the background check and drug tests were clear. Interview was geat! The manager was very up front about the fast pace of the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were simple and nothing unexpected.   1 Answer

Interview

ok

Interview Questions

Not a good company to far behind everyone eles

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Estes Express in April 2013.

Interview

Met with a Director, the interview process was basic. The questions were more behavioral questions, It felt as though I was the first person he interviewed, he appeared to be more nervous than I was. He was very nice given the situation.

Interview Questions

• There was not really any difficult questions. I discussed my previous experience and offered suggestions as to how to handle different projects.   Answer Question

Dock Worker Interview

Interview

they hire anyone cause your not going to last

Terminal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Estes Express (Baltimore, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

Met with Office Supervisor. Initially a nice interview. Sounded promising at first. Then met with Terminal Manager. Seemed genuine and sincere. Although I held off on asking him questions about how lateral transfers worked. Because my initial job interview I informed the office supervisor I was over-qualified for this position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about customer service and duties I performed in another top-of the line freight company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Verify everything you discussed with the office supervisor with the Terminal Manager. If I would have taken that simple step, I would have turned down the job as I was over qualified for Appt Clerk. I found out after the current OSD Clerk was promoted to dock Supervisor, that protocol called for more interviews and you could not just change sheets for a non-management job in the same department. First company I ever worked for where you had to inverview for transferring from a non-management job to a non-management job in the same department. Estes decided to hire from the outside and as of the date of this review, that person has also left the company.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Estes Express (Reno, NV) in April 2012.

Interview

Professional and dignified - My interview was the friendliest, most comfortable of any in my experience. ANY job in this Transportation Company qualifies their candidates through all the processes: experience, background, criminal, and drug testing.

Interview Questions

• Related to exact experience in transportation (trucking) logistics, related experience, and specific soft ware experience.   Answer Question

Hub Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Rio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Estes Express (Del Rio, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Hiring process took around 30 minutes the Terminal Manager From Corpus Christi interviewed me as the San Antonio Manager was unavailable, Filled out application and was hired same day.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Estes Express (Boston, MA) in June 2008.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, the made offer and it was final.