Esurance Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated May 6, 2015

2.8

Database Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

A phone screen with a recruiter first, followed by an online analytic quiz (very easy). Then two more phone interviews with the hiring manager and a team member before an on-site interview. During the onsite one, I was arranged to meet seven people after a SQL/Excel/Stats test. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are asked to do something that not on your job description?   Answer Question

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process involved a screening interview of about 40 minutes with the hiring manager, then a skill test where I submitted a sample blog post. This was followed by two in-person interviews with the members of the team I was supposed to manage and collaborate with, as well as meeting one on one with several members of senior management. I got along with everyone and thought it went very well, and everyone seemed impressed by my experience, which is why I was surprised to hear that the company had decided I didn't have as much experience as they were looking for about a week later. They ended up offering me a contract position instead, and went as far as calling and interviewing all of my references before calling me back to let me know they had decided not to fill the position at this time. They said they would keep my resume on file. Obviously, this was disappointing after having such a great feeling about the team during the interview process -- if you can actually get an offer, it does seem like a very positive work environment. The entire process took a little over a month, but I think it would have gone quicker had it not coincided with the holidays.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle criticism of a piece of copy you'd written?   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying online, an off-site recruiter called on the phone and asked standard questions for about 15 minutes. About a week later, the department manger called with a half-hour interview. The next week there was an on-site interview with three people from the department, then one-on-one with the manager. (Main downside--parking was $20, with no offer of reimbursement.) The process was fairly standard, with no real surprises. They took slightly longer to respond than promised, but not by much.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on linkedin. I responded with my phone number agreeing to do a phone call. Weeks later someone called me. They asked a couple quick questions about my experience and then went straight to the salary question. I told him I would be happy to negotiate a competitive package if the position seemed like a good fit but that I can't give a number without reviewing the entire package. He asked that a couple different ways and I still answered that I am happy to negotiate a competitive offer. He then said what would you say if I we offered something in the 90s. I told him without a lot of equity or other benefits in the package I would tell you that isn't competitive but I'm sure you already know that. The call ended soon after that. No follow up or interview.

Interview Questions

• Trying to see if I am willing to work for a low salary.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was approached by the Manger of the department online and asked if I was interested in speaking with them. interview details and information was provided in a timely manner. upon arrival, I waited for interviewer for 30 minutes. Finally a team member brought me up for interview with them. It is clear that this company doesn't focus on candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• None. The interviewer wasn't prepared, was a contract employee and was asked to interview me at the last minute   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiters are very friendly. More like casual conversation.

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Recruiter got me an interview. First was a phone screen with some technical but pretty easy SQL questions. The recruiter said they give you a test with four 'tough' SQL questions that no one can seem to answer. So I was curious about that. After the phone interview which lasted about 20-25 minutes and was completely devoid of personality I was told they would immediately send me a four question SQL test that I would have 20 minutes to complete from the time they emailed it. Very exciting! Test was actually pretty easy. I got the in-person interview a week or so later. In person was a little better. I met with four different folks over about 1 1/2 hours. The SQL questions (this was a SQL heavy position) got more difficult with each person as they went on. I ended up not doing so well. I chocked a little but but I felt I was almost on the cusp of what they were looking for, but not quite. I got the feeling the place was ok, at best, like many of the reviews state, to work at. I did notice while waiting in the lobby that everyone who left, even for a smoke break, badged out! To me this was a bad sign as I have worked at many places and never have they kept eyes on us like that. Shows a likely lack of trust and control issues. So... that was not a turn-on.

Interview Questions

• Questions about ranking. Rank You should know about the Rank() keyword/Functions, Rownum(), Partition, Rank Over, etc. KNow the constraints (I chocked on that one, nice!)   Answer Question

Operations Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Asked questions about why Esurance? Why Internal Audit? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I told them how my experience and my postgraduate studies were in line with my passion for the field. Then I told them why I wanted to work for a company like Esurance. Also I was asked what were the biggest risks to Esurance and how they could be mitigated.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard : phone screening by HR, phone interview with hiring manager, then series of 1:1 onsite interviews with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• nothing really was difficult or unexpected, pretty straightforward   Answer Question

Compensation offered was significantly lower than my expectations (and previous salary)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Esurance (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

1. Telephonic interview 2. In person interview 3. HR round

Interview Questions

• There was really not anything difficult as such. There were 3 round of techinical interview by different team members and Team lead/Project Manager. All techinical questions were pretty stateforward and there was discussion about the work I have done in past, architecture for my current project, design patterns i used. Project Manager also asked me one puzzle that I couldn't answer :P... It was more about my past work and technical questions coming out of that.   Answer Question

I got another good offer, their offer was average.