Ethicon Endo-Surgery Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

R&D Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Two people interviewed me for about an hour. They were very nice, but it was intimidating. You need to prepare very well in advance by thinking of certain situations and how previous work experience can apply to engineering. They did not notify the people that did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked behavioral questions. What is your idea of a leader, what leadership qualities do you possess and do you know of anyone that has these qualities. Describe a time when you had to make an ethical decision and how you described it. Two questions about a time when you had to make a decision and your thought process behind it. Be prepared to ask them questions as well.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

Completely behavioral and standard across J&J's businesses, at least for the co-op positions. Interviewed at a career fair, and was offered a few days later. Needed to drug test for employment. Great place to co-op, it certainly set me up for long term success and I would highly recommend this position, especially if you are interested in Medical Device design or are a MechE.

Research and Development Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Detroit, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was technical-skills oriented, mainly focusing on my SolidWorks abilities and Leadership experience. The interviewer was very nice and help a conversational style interview with me. The recruiter went over every detail on my resume.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Blue Ash, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter for a contractor. About a week later I had an interview with the senior engineers. Interview was very relaxed. Although five people were interviewing, they wanted to see if I was a good culture fit, rather than grilling me on everything I know.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Blue Ash, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was straight forward and the quesitons were common. If you work in the area, you should be able to answer them. The steps were not complicated, but each steps took a couple of week to process. Overall, it was a pleasant procedures.

Interview Questions

• CREDO and technical questions related to applied job role, interviewers were very nice and polite.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery.

Interview

Interview consisted of two 30 minute 1 on 1 sessions with separate interviewers. 1st was behavior based, 2nd was technical based. The people that work there are very nice and approachable. The interviewers did not give off any negative vibes.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based interview was easy. Basically questions like.. "Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma and what was the result." All questions consisted of past experience. No questions like.. "What would you do in this situation.." which definitely makes it easier. Technical based interview consisted of the interviewer handing me a device and saying.. "Tell me how this works." As a mechanical engineer this was somewhat fun. I feel like I did poorly in my opinion, although the interviewer said I did great.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Global Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in February 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line, then phone screen, then phone interview with hiring manager

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery.

Interview

3 separate interviews with 2 people at a time, one interview was over lunch. Interviewers were very hospitable, providing water/tea and occasionally asking if I needed a rest room break. Relatively easy questions with a lot of discussion about the job and what it entails. Some 'typical' questions like 'name a time you faced adversity and beat it.' Only required 1 interview, even though it was around 3 hours long. I knew within 24 hours I had the job.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really that difficult, however I did have a hard time understanding a few of my interviewers due to English being their second language. They were understanding though and were patient with me when I had them repeat their questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in November 2012.

Interview

It was one round of interviews with questions about leadership, values and technical knowledge. They really look for people that fit the values of Johnson and Johnson, have leadership experience and technical experience as well. For the third one, they really look for college students that have participated in engineering clubs and projects where they are able to showcase their skills. As for values and leadership, its something that you have to show and explain.

Interview Questions

• For the technical question, I was asked to draw out the free body diagram for one of their devices and explain how it worked.   Answer Question

R & D Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

most of behavioral questions. This is my first interview ever, so I was kinda of not knowing what is expected. At a few questions, I might talked too much on one topic, so 30 min interview ran out really quickly. The interview was held in a big hall, where you are surrounded by other interviewers from other companies hiring coop and interviewees. It is timed to be only 30 mins and another interviewee will come in.There are warning alarm 10 mins before the 30-min interview, which was really annoying. I think trying to keep your answer concise and quick.

Interview Questions

• The interview was held in a big hall, where you are surrounded by other interviewers from other companies hiring coop and interviewees. It is timed to be only 30 mins and another interviewee will come in.There are warning alarm 10 mins before the 30-min interview, which was really annoying   Answer Question