Ethicon Endo-Surgery Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

R&D Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

Just completed the 3 of 3 phone interviews. The first was a phone screen which verified that I was the person I said I was. The 2nd was a general background interview with standard interview questions regarding project leadershiop, design examples, and problem solving. Something of a focus on working relationships and examples of problem solving. The 3rd interview was more leadership questions but with an engineering slant to them.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery.

Interview

3 separate interviews with 2 people at a time, one interview was over lunch. Interviewers were very hospitable, providing water/tea and occasionally asking if I needed a rest room break. Relatively easy questions with a lot of discussion about the job and what it entails. Some 'typical' questions like 'name a time you faced adversity and beat it.' Only required 1 interview, even though it was around 3 hours long. I knew within 24 hours I had the job.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really that difficult, however I did have a hard time understanding a few of my interviewers due to English being their second language. They were understanding though and were patient with me when I had them repeat their questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

It took several weeks before they proceeded beyone the initial contact.

Interview Questions

• If you do not know the answer or how to perform a technical operation, what is the process you would follow to determine the answer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some negotiation, but not much

R&D Engineering Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in November 2012.

Interview

It was one round of interviews with questions about leadership, values and technical knowledge. They really look for people that fit the values of Johnson and Johnson, have leadership experience and technical experience as well. For the third one, they really look for college students that have participated in engineering clubs and projects where they are able to showcase their skills. As for values and leadership, its something that you have to show and explain.

Interview Questions

• For the technical question, I was asked to draw out the free body diagram for one of their devices and explain how it worked.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cairo (Egypt)) in December 2013.

Interview

It was a very smooth hiring process that included about 4 interviews, also i remember it took about 4 months for the whole process to be completed. The interviews were very open minded and i really learned alot from the questions that made me think in different ways as i was recently graduated .

Product Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2010.

Interview

Will take persistence to break through. Tend to do behavioral based interviews. Tell me about a time when, give me an example of when you, etc. They use the STAR technique. Situation, task, action and results. Make sure you include results. They want that and many gloss over it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were particularly effective in leading a cross functional team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy.

R&D Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Two people interviewed me for about an hour. They were very nice, but it was intimidating. You need to prepare very well in advance by thinking of certain situations and how previous work experience can apply to engineering. They did not notify the people that did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked behavioral questions. What is your idea of a leader, what leadership qualities do you possess and do you know of anyone that has these qualities. Describe a time when you had to make an ethical decision and how you described it. Two questions about a time when you had to make a decision and your thought process behind it. Be prepared to ask them questions as well.   Answer Question

Research and Development Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Detroit, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was technical-skills oriented, mainly focusing on my SolidWorks abilities and Leadership experience. The interviewer was very nice and help a conversational style interview with me. The recruiter went over every detail on my resume.

R&D Engineering Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery.

Interview

Interview consisted of two 30 minute 1 on 1 sessions with separate interviewers. 1st was behavior based, 2nd was technical based. The people that work there are very nice and approachable. The interviewers did not give off any negative vibes.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based interview was easy. Basically questions like.. "Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma and what was the result." All questions consisted of past experience. No questions like.. "What would you do in this situation.." which definitely makes it easier. Technical based interview consisted of the interviewer handing me a device and saying.. "Tell me how this works." As a mechanical engineer this was somewhat fun. I feel like I did poorly in my opinion, although the interviewer said I did great.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in February 2011.

Interview

Email set up the phone interview time. The interview discussed what my curriculum was like and she told me about what her job is about. she asked me what alteration I would make to an everyday object as part of the interview.