Ethicon Endo-Surgery Interview Questions

3.1

R&D Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in May 2009.

Just completed the 3 of 3 phone interviews. The first was a phone screen which verified that I was the person I said I was. The 2nd was a general background interview with standard interview questions regarding project leadershiop, design examples, and problem solving. Something of a focus on working relationships and examples of problem solving.
    The 3rd interview was more leadership questions but with an engineering slant to them.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in January 2008.

It took several weeks before they proceeded beyone the initial contact.

Interview Questions
    • If you do not know the answer or how to perform a technical operation, what is the process you would follow to determine the answer?   Answer Question
    Some negotiation, but not much

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery.

3 separate interviews with 2 people at a time, one interview was over lunch. Interviewers were very hospitable, providing water/tea and occasionally asking if I needed a rest room break. Relatively easy questions with a lot of discussion about the job and what it entails. Some 'typical' questions like 'name a time you faced adversity and beat it.' Only required 1 interview, even though it was around 3 hours long. I knew within 24 hours I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were really that difficult, however I did have a hard time understanding a few of my interviewers due to English being their second language. They were understanding though and were patient with me when I had them repeat their questions.   Answer Question

R&D Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in November 2012.

It was one round of interviews with questions about leadership, values and technical knowledge. They really look for people that fit the values of Johnson and Johnson, have leadership experience and technical experience as well. For the third one, they really look for college students that have participated in engineering clubs and projects where they are able to showcase their skills. As for values and leadership, its something that you have to show and explain.

Interview Questions
    • For the technical question, I was asked to draw out the free body diagram for one of their devices and explain how it worked.   Answer Question

Product Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in July 2010.

Will take persistence to break through. Tend to do behavioral based interviews. Tell me about a time when, give me an example of when you, etc. They use the STAR technique. Situation, task, action and results. Make sure you include results. They want that and many gloss over it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were particularly effective in leading a cross functional team?   Answer Question
    Easy.

R&D Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery.

Interview consisted of two 30 minute 1 on 1 sessions with separate interviewers. 1st was behavior based, 2nd was technical based.

The people that work there are very nice and approachable. The interviewers did not give off any negative vibes.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior based interview was easy. Basically questions like.. "Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma and what was the result." All questions consisted of past experience. No questions like.. "What would you do in this situation.." which definitely makes it easier.

Technical based interview consisted of the interviewer handing me a device and saying.. "Tell me how this works." As a mechanical engineer this was somewhat fun. I feel like I did poorly in my opinion, although the interviewer said I did great.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Engineering Co-Op Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in February 2011.

Email set up the phone interview time. The interview discussed what my curriculum was like and she told me about what her job is about. she asked me what alteration I would make to an everyday object as part of the interview.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in July 2009.

My overall impression with everyone I encountered was that they truly cared about whether or not the position was a good fit for both me and the company. I was given extremely positive feedback and my last in-person interview with the hiring manager ended with an invitation to ride-along with a current rep. I didn't receive a call back after that point and then a week later the recruiter emailed and said they went with someone else. JnJ has contacted me 4 times since about other positions and I've had a similar experience every time...

Engineer Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in January 2010.

I have been interviewed by TWO layor of HR representetives, now I am cleared to next telephonic interview with the recruiter.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newry, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newry, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in February 2010.

Interview was competency based with 2 employees

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you have displayed a sense of intellectual curiosity   Answer Question

Worked for Ethicon Endo-Surgery? Contribute to the Community!