Ethicon Endo-Surgery Interview Questions

3.1

R & D Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in February 2012.

most of behavioral questions. This is my first interview ever, so I was kinda of not knowing what is expected. At a few questions, I might talked too much on one topic, so 30 min interview ran out really quickly. The interview was held in a big hall, where you are surrounded by other interviewers from other companies hiring coop and interviewees. It is timed to be only 30 mins and another interviewee will come in.There are warning alarm 10 mins before the 30-min interview, which was really annoying. I think trying to keep your answer concise and quick.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was held in a big hall, where you are surrounded by other interviewers from other companies hiring coop and interviewees. It is timed to be only 30 mins and another interviewee will come in.There are warning alarm 10 mins before the 30-min interview, which was really annoying   Answer Question

R&D Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in November 2011.

The entire process was smooth and speedy. Ethicon conducted two 30 minute back-to-back interviews. The first interview went over my resume, asked situation based questions and got to know more about me. The other analyzed technical thinking and how to approach solving a problem.

I received the offer about 3 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you were unsuccessful at completing a group task and how did you alleviate the problem.   Answer Question
    • Look at this device and attempt to explain all the mechanics involved that make this device work.   Answer Question

Global Marketing Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in February 2014.

Applied on-line, then phone screen, then phone interview with hiring manager

Supply Chain Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in May 2011.

pretty fast.they were in a need of someone fast.

no negotiation at all

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in November 2011.

Was given a one hour tour of the facility then sat down for a 2:1 interview about general personality type questions for half an hour, followed by another half hour 1:1 interview on technical skills. Asked to diagnose what could be causing their stapling tool to misfire at an angle.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in February 2011.

Email set up the phone interview time. The interview discussed what my curriculum was like and she told me about what her job is about. she asked me what alteration I would make to an everyday object as part of the interview.

Engineer Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in January 2010.

I have been interviewed by TWO layor of HR representetives, now I am cleared to next telephonic interview with the recruiter.

Product Director (Marketing) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in May 2010.

My initial screening interview with HR was quite casual and easy. The recruiter simply asked me to review my background. No behavioral questions. Next, I had an on-site panel interview with 5 people in either marketing or R&D. They asked some behavioral questions, but the questions were somewhat conventional and lacked the depth I would have expected from JnJ. Also, the group dynamics were flat - they seemed disinterested from the onset of the interview. It almost seemed as if they had already made up their mind before I began talking. One person specifically focused his questions on how I would work in a flat organization (he implied some concern with my current level being too senior). Another person asked for a behavioral example and the group director seemed to be assessing how I work with others.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a type of personality you find very difficult.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would go about building a market forecast without any data.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in December 2009.

The position was for a technical writer for product "labeling" - creating all content for product use, packaging labeling, and overseeing translation process. The first interview was with one of their corporate recruiters - I believe these folks are tasked with wading through all the resumes and screening potential candidates. The next interview was a 2 on 1 phone interview with the hiring manager and another department member.

Interview Questions
    • If we had an opening in another department, would you want to move to that department or stay in our department? This was very difficult and unexpected, as I had not worked there, had no idea what the "other department" would be or what the opening would be.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in July 2009.

My overall impression with everyone I encountered was that they truly cared about whether or not the position was a good fit for both me and the company. I was given extremely positive feedback and my last in-person interview with the hiring manager ended with an invitation to ride-along with a current rep. I didn't receive a call back after that point and then a week later the recruiter emailed and said they went with someone else. JnJ has contacted me 4 times since about other positions and I've had a similar experience every time...

Interview Questions

Worked for Ethicon Endo-Surgery? Contribute to the Community!