Ethicon Endo-Surgery Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

3.1

Product Director (Marketing) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

My initial screening interview with HR was quite casual and easy. The recruiter simply asked me to review my background. No behavioral questions. Next, I had an on-site panel interview with 5 people in either marketing or R&D. They asked some behavioral questions, but the questions were somewhat conventional and lacked the depth I would have expected from JnJ. Also, the group dynamics were flat - they seemed disinterested from the onset of the interview. It almost seemed as if they had already made up their mind before I began talking. One person specifically focused his questions on how I would work in a flat organization (he implied some concern with my current level being too senior). Another person asked for a behavioral example and the group director seemed to be assessing how I work with others.

Interview Questions

• Describe a type of personality you find very difficult.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would go about building a market forecast without any data.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newry, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Newry, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview was competency based with 2 employees

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have displayed a sense of intellectual curiosity   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

My overall impression with everyone I encountered was that they truly cared about whether or not the position was a good fit for both me and the company. I was given extremely positive feedback and my last in-person interview with the hiring manager ended with an invitation to ride-along with a current rep. I didn't receive a call back after that point and then a week later the recruiter emailed and said they went with someone else. JnJ has contacted me 4 times since about other positions and I've had a similar experience every time...

R&D Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2009.

Interview

Just completed the 3 of 3 phone interviews. The first was a phone screen which verified that I was the person I said I was. The 2nd was a general background interview with standard interview questions regarding project leadershiop, design examples, and problem solving. Something of a focus on working relationships and examples of problem solving.
    The 3rd interview was more leadership questions but with an engineering slant to them.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

It took several weeks before they proceeded beyone the initial contact.

Interview Questions

• If you do not know the answer or how to perform a technical operation, what is the process you would follow to determine the answer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some negotiation, but not much

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in May 2011.

Interview

pretty fast.they were in a need of someone fast.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation at all

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in February 2011.

Interview

Email set up the phone interview time. The interview discussed what my curriculum was like and she told me about what her job is about. she asked me what alteration I would make to an everyday object as part of the interview.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in January 2010.

Interview

I have been interviewed by TWO layor of HR representetives, now I am cleared to next telephonic interview with the recruiter.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in December 2009.

Interview

The position was for a technical writer for product "labeling" - creating all content for product use, packaging labeling, and overseeing translation process. The first interview was with one of their corporate recruiters - I believe these folks are tasked with wading through all the resumes and screening potential candidates. The next interview was a 2 on 1 phone interview with the hiring manager and another department member.

Interview Questions

• If we had an opening in another department, would you want to move to that department or stay in our department? This was very difficult and unexpected, as I had not worked there, had no idea what the "other department" would be or what the opening would be.   Answer Question