Ethicon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.6

Territory Account Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ethicon (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by a sourcer through Linkedin about the Territory Account Leader position. While I was not actively looking, the role sounded intriguing so I replied with interest to learn more about the opening. The person who had contacted me provided the lead recruiter's information to set up a phone interview. I emailed the recruiter and did not get a response so I followed up 3 days later. I finally received an email back and we scheduled a call for the following day. I waited for 30 minutes past our scheduled time and never heard from them. Later that afternoon I sent another follow up email in an effort to reschedule a call; I still have yet to hear back. I am extremely disappointed in the lack of professionalism shown here. If a recruiting team sources a passive candidate about an opportunity, they should have the courtesy of at least following up and tying off loose ends and not leave the person hanging (especially in regards to a sales position). I was actually really excited because I am familiar with the company and the industry. I come from 15 years of sales experience and am also a certified surgical technician. Truly disappointing....best of luck in your search to fill this role.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter then the hiring manager. I came for a face-to-face interview then was invited for a field ride and a subsequent interview. The interviewers were polite and very professional and represented the company well. They were honest about expectations and next steps and followed up.

Interview Questions

• A few "tell me about a time when" questions. They were polite and professional.   1 Answer

Product Launch Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ethicon (Blue Ash, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter from Kelly Services. Followed up a month later by a brief phone interview with someone at Ethicon. Several weeks later, I was brought in for panel interviews. Two interviews over 3 hours. They each had a copy of standard questions every candidate was being asked so they could compare answers. Weeks later after several back and forth with the recruiter, I was notified they did not feel any candidates were a match for the team and no one was being hired.

Interview Questions

• One question not on the script I was asked, "What is something we haven't asked you about, you wish we would have?"   Answer Question

MBA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethicon in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was on campus at one of their target recruiting schools. Total process consisted of one 2-hour round with two back-to-back interviews with two interviewers per interview. Interview questions were almost exclusively behavioral (got one mini case), with four to five behavioral questions per interview after a brief "walk me through your resume" prompt. All questions were straightforward and led with a prompt along the lines of "We are looking for [certain characteristic], tell me about a time you did [blank]". Interviewers would also ask a few probing questions about each story after the end.

Interview Questions

• No surprises -- it was all the typical questions that you prepare for. Just be ready to switch your STAR stories to fit a question if need be.   Answer Question

Didn't decline -- received offer and waiting to decide.

LAR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ethicon (Somerville, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted through Kelly Services, where they gave my resume to their client (Ethicon) who was interested, and wanted to bring me in for a face to face interview. The interview process was perhaps a little nerve racking because it was an interview with about 5 different women who held different roles within the company, all of which whom I would be working amongst eventually. Two of the girls really put me at ease, saying they thought i would be a great fit for the position based on my college experience and my internship and volunteer experience, however I was told by the recruiter that there was another man going for the same position I was, who had several years of laboratory experience dealing specifically with swine, while I had only had 6 months experience dealing with them.

Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cornelia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon (Cornelia, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

very proffessional. timely and included drug test and a physical examination covered by the company. courteous and informative. packets with job duties also very helpful.

Interview Questions

• why hire me above others. what was my previous eperience that was job related.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon (Somerville, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

Only one phone interview and then a call right after saying that I got the job. Interview was typical behavioral questions, only 4 of them and then they asked me for questions afterward.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced an unexpected change and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ethicon (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

In order to be successful in any sales interview with Johnson & Johnson, utilize the traditional STAR technique for answering questions (Situation, Task, Action, Result). You would be smart to become familiar with Integrity Selling & the AIDINC Sales process (Approach, Interview, Demonstrate, val-I-date, Negotiate, Close). Recently, they have implemented the Challenger Sale (Teach, Tailor, Take Control). You can expect to do a 5 minute sales call during your interview.

Interview Questions

• Sales scenario questions are common. "The situation is "X", how would you respond?" Usual question for any interview, "Share a time in which you had a disagreement with a colleague and how you handled the situation."   Answer Question

External Operations Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ethicon (Rutgers, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, one on one, behavioral interview. Became more conversation when we started talking about my resume / past experiences. Was asked to use the "S.T.A.R." method when responding to questions - S/T: Describe the situation that you were in or the task that you needed to accomplish; A: Describe the action you took and be sure to keep the focus on you; R: What results did you achieve? How did the event end? What did you accomplish? What did you learn?

Interview Questions

• What is one skill that you feel you can leverage from past experiences that will help you in this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negtioation

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ethicon (Somerville, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

My step-grandfather used to work in R&D here, so was able to put me in contact with a director in Operations Integration. After a few emails, we set up an interview. I went through 4 or 5 consecutive 30 minute interviews with engineers that worked in the department, including two different directors in the department. The interviews were all behavioral, and pretty basic. One of the engineers did ask a few basic questions about engineering principles, but, even though I was not prepared to answer them, I was able to answer them correctly with only 1 year and 1 semester of my mechanical engineering degree under my belt. Everyone was extremely friendly, and the office environment is extremely laid-back, but only if you're getting your work done efficiently and effectively.

Interview Questions

• Showed some sort of car component that had four bolts, one larger than the rest. When a force is applied, what location on the component would you assume underwent the most stress?   1 Answer