Ethicon

Relevance Date Difficulty

LAR Interview

LAR
Somerville, NJ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ethicon in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted through Kelly Services, where they gave my resume to their client (Ethicon) who was interested, and wanted to bring me in for a face to face interview. The interview process was perhaps a little nerve racking because it was an interview with about 5 different women who held different roles within the company, all of which whom I would be working amongst eventually. Two of the girls really put me at ease, saying they thought i would be a great fit for the position based on my college experience and my internship and volunteer experience, however I was told by the recruiter that there was another man going for the same position I was, who had several years of laboratory experience dealing specifically with swine, while I had only had 6 months experience dealing with them.

Assembly Interview

Assembly
Cornelia, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ethicon in November 2013.

Interview Details – very proffessional. timely and included drug test and a physical examination covered by the company. courteous and informative. packets with job duties also very helpful.

Interview Question – why hire me above others. what was my previous eperience that was job related.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Supply Chain Co-Op
Somerville, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ethicon in March 2013.

Interview Details – Only one phone interview and then a call right after saying that I got the job. Interview was typical behavioral questions, only 4 of them and then they asked me for questions afterward.

Interview Question – Name a time when you faced an unexpected change and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Somerville, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ethicon in January 2011.

Interview Details – My step-grandfather used to work in R&D here, so was able to put me in contact with a director in Operations Integration. After a few emails, we set up an interview. I went through 4 or 5 consecutive 30 minute interviews with engineers that worked in the department, including two different directors in the department. The interviews were all behavioral, and pretty basic. One of the engineers did ask a few basic questions about engineering principles, but, even though I was not prepared to answer them, I was able to answer them correctly with only 1 year and 1 semester of my mechanical engineering degree under my belt. Everyone was extremely friendly, and the office environment is extremely laid-back, but only if you're getting your work done efficiently and effectively.

Interview Question – Showed some sort of car component that had four bolts, one larger than the rest. When a force is applied, what location on the component would you assume underwent the most stress?   View Answer

Sterilization Engineer Interview

Sterilization Engineer
San Angelo, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Ethicon in October 2009.

Interview Details – It depends on who you get for your interview. The guy that interviewed mostly talked about the history of the city and explained what a sterilization engineer does and asked if it sounded interesting. I actually did not expect an offer from this company but got one anyways just because the interview did not feel traditional or in depth.

Interview Question – Do you oppose learning ladder logic?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none, it was for an internship.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Ethicon

Interview Details – 7 interviews took 4 months, psychological interviews, difficult to get a feed-back after each interview, very busy people, not so much empathy with candidates, long process, based on you way to be a team player dedicated to your work to drive your business to the success

Interview Question – Business case, engagment   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ethicon in October 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was good really. All I did was give my resume at the job fair and applied online. A few days later I received a call for an interview. Once I passed the interview they called me about 2 days later to give me an offer. Once I accepted the offer via telephone they sent me the real offer via email about two weeks after the call.

Interview Question – Tell what will you do if something unexpected happens in a process? How would you attack the problem?   Answer Question

Medical Device Sales Interview

Medical Device Sales

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ethicon.

Interview Details – In order to get into Johnson & Johnson you MUST network as much as possible. I started out asking people I knew within Johnson & Johnson for "informational interviews" just to get their perspective on working at J&J and what their job entailed. Just helped to get to know some inside people. Then I set job alerts on the site and when a position I was qualified for came up, I called some contacts and asked their opinion, they would almost always end up sending me an internal referral which helped me land an interview. The interview process starts with an HR call, then an interview with the hiring manager, then an interview with both the hiring manager and the regional business director.

Interview Question – I do not specifically remember, but there was nothing that stuck out. Just the usual medical device interview questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Co-Op

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Ethicon in January 2008.

Interview Details – Entry level interview, basic scenario questions(teamwork, analysis, conflict resolution) and they always want: situation, process and outcome.

Interview Question – What was a difficult situation you encountered with another employee at work and how did you resolve this.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ethicon in February 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was well managed.

Interview Question – When was a difficult situation you encountered at past internships or school organizations and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Worked for Ethicon? Contribute to the Community!