Etihad Airways

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

In Flight Chef Interview

In Flight Chef

I applied online - interviewed at Etihad Airways in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online to gumtree ad- I was then emailed to complete detailded application on their website - Invited to Assessment day (2 eliminations and a final interview, very in depth and lasted entire day) - Received succesful email (pending standard medical and clearance checks)
which is where I am now.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to reprimand a subordinate and describe the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, salaries and employment standards are pre set.

Sales Support Executive Interview

Sales Support Executive
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Etihad Airways in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initially had a 20 minute phone interview. called into a face to face interview with sales manager and HR manager, who read 20 questions from a sheet of paper. most questions began with give us an example of a time where you.... etc. Interview was around 1 hour long. I felt interview went well but did not hear back until 3 weeks later when i rcvd an email saying i had not been succesful

Interview Question – Tell us which type of management style you respond to best   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Sales Manager National Program Interview

Sales Manager National Program
Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Etihad Airways in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was invited to the recruitment open day to find out about the national programs and they were five programs for the graduate applicants.

It started up with an introduction of the company and then it focused on the five openings and the offers of joining the company.

After that, immediate interviews were conducted with registerers on the same day. I was accepted and they got some document and information from me. Three days later the company offered me the contract as well as an online assessment I completed it at home.

Within less than a month I joined the company.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Crew Controller Interview

Crew Controller

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Etihad Airways.

Interview Details – Just make up your resume and you have a job

Interview Question – are you a yes person....? your hired   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – there was none....and they don't tell you that they spy on every move you make, and take away your privacy and freedom of speech

Cabin Crew

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Etihad Airways in January 2012.

Interview Details – I got selected for a assessment day with Etihad.We were around 30 people at that day. First we did this reach test, than the recruiters gave us a intro about the company, than we had group activities, after that we had one role play, English test. Than 7 got selected for final interview, and i was luckily one of them. 10 days after the final interview i got the successful email, 3 days after that email i got my golden call. From Final interview to date of join it took me exactly 1 month.

Interview Question – The interview questions i got asked was these among other questions:

Why do you want to work for our airline?

What makes you better than the next candidate and, Therefore, why should we offer you the position?

Describe a situation at work where you have had to be Flexible.

How do you feel about working with people from different Cultures and backgrounds?

Why do you want to be a cabin crew member?

Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?

When have you handled a customer complaint?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase

Enterprise Architect Interview

Enterprise Architect

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Etihad Airways in May 2013.

Interview Details – Etihad airways recruiter contacted me for the position and if I am interested. I responded in yes and later they conducted two interviews after screening process, second one was technical. Now 6 months have passed and I never get a reply back from them. At least, they should told me in 'yes' or 'no'. Sent so many emails to HR but no one responded. Thought to sent an email to the lady at Etihad who setup my interview. After 3 weeks, she responded that she doesn't know anything and requested HR to let me know about the decision. More than two months have passed and no response yet.

What kind of guys working there and in HR. Are they professional and do they understand responsibilities?

Interview Question – no question was difficult and unexpected   Answer Question

Braşov (Romania)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Etihad Airways in December 2009.

Interview Details – - you need to register on their career site, they'll ask for uploading of photos as well (business attire required, err on the conservative side and present a very professional look)
- if you pass the first screening, they will call you for an assessment day.
The Assessment Day
- business attire, very well groomed
- Switch OFF your mobile (not silent, but completely OFF), and don't look at it unless you're in the bathroom and nobody can see you
- You will be observed the entire time you're on the premises, interact with other candidates, be friendly, polite, smile a lot, don't complain, roll your eyes, or have an attitude
- written English test - very basic - use capital letters to write, so that your writing is legible
- group interview - there's a common discussion topic you all need to come to an agreement on while you're advocating for your self (for example, each of you is given a profession and in a group of 10, you need to choose only 3 people that will populate a new colony on Mars, with arguments) - don't interrupt people, apologize if you do, don't be aggressive in your arguments, it doesn't matter if you win, they wanna see you can communicate in an open manner and that you listen and collaborate. Don't be completely quiet either, manage to get your point across.
- One on one interview - lots of behavioral questions focused on customer service - be ready with specific examples

Interview Question – How did you wow customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, you take what they give you, it's the same contract for cabin crew, with slight variations based on previous flying experience

Marketing Officer Interview

Marketing Officer
Mumbai (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Etihad Airways in February 2013.

Interview Details – Responsibilities of position included vendor & social media management. Interview lasted for half hour and included questions relating to past work experience, managing vendors and social media accounts, familiarity with Etihad in India and airline industry in general. The questions were rarely focused and specific and were very general in nature.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected: What did I know about Etihad business in India?   View Answer

Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Etihad Airways in April 2011.

Interview Details – Firstly, it was presentation about the company. Lately, they checked height and visible tattoos. If you passed this stage, the next stages were english test (quite easy), role play, group activities. And the last stage was interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever made something not according to procedures and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the timing of joining the company, because i needed more time before i would switch to a new place of work

Flight Attendant Interview

Flight Attendant
Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Etihad Airways in February 2011.

Interview Details – Etihad Airways short-listed 60 people for an assessment day in Bucharest.
After a presentation of the company we were divided into groups of 10.
Each group was asked to match some given words (written on pieces of paper) into groups of 3 having a common theme linking them, then we had to make a story using all of these words and tell it in front of the others; each of us said a part of the story.
The next assignment was to do some role playing. The situations involved customer service in critical situations, such as when a laundry's client is upset because his shirt is iron burned.
The last test was an English language skills test, very easy. We were given 20 minutes, more than enough.
A selection of about 20 applicants was made to get to the final interview.
Another presentation of Abu Dhabi and Etihad was aired.
The final interview took about 30-40 minutes, it was a 1 to 1 interview during which we were asked to provide examples of experience related to customer service, teamwork and adaptability capacity. The answers were written down.
At the end, we submitted all the requested documents.
The answer was received in 6 days on email.

Interview Question – What was the outcome of working in a multicultural environment? What did I learned? What differences did I noticed?   Answer Question

Worked for Etihad Airways? Contribute to the Community!