Etsy

32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Quality Analyst Interview

Product Quality Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Etsy.

Interview Details – The interview process came in the form of a series of phone interview leading up to a full day of on site conversations over the course of a few weeks. After the initial call, there was also some homework to do, which came in the form of some questions and a work sample.

Interview Question – Was asked to give a detailed description of something wrong with the site and/or web app. This was hard to do because they push code and edits very often, so it's pretty tight.   Answer Question

PR Manager Interview

PR Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Etsy.

Interview Details – Unfortunately it seems as though they begin their interview process with phone interviews, which can be really difficult.

Interview Question – Again, all verbal, no eye to eye contact, so they're only looking at how you answer, not how you communicate in person.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Etsy in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was contacted almost immediately by HR. Interviewed directly with supervisor for the position. The position was new, as was the program, and the most difficult part of the interview was getting a feel for what they were really looking for, since there was no history or past experience to look back on.

Interview Question – During a first phone interview, was asked how I would measure the success of the program in five years.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Etsy.

Interview Details – Interviewed at Etsy, great experience overall. Incredibly intelligent and enthusiastic employees.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Etsy.

Interview Details – Applied online to college-specific posting. Interviewed with software engineer via Skype, who asked primarily about previous project experience, a few basic web dev questions. Then, was invited to NYC office for a fully day of interviews with several other candidates. Interview day was a really pleasant experience and included a tour of their beautiful office, free food, and informal conversations about technical challenges. 30-minute interviews with three software engineers asking basic coding questions, background/experience questions, and delving deep into the candidate's technical prowess. Overall, a fantastic experience!

Interview Question – Deep probing into previous web project   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Etsy in February 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by hr, one round phone interview

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

Interviewed at Etsy

Interview Details – I was really excited to apply for Etsy, but since I applied online, it took awhile to hear anything back from them. The website is helpful in offering a good channel of communication between applicants and the HR people. Yet I still wished they were more responsive in terms of the hiring process.

Interview Question – I didn't feel any question was unreasonably difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Etsy.

Interview Details – I applied online and wait about 2 weeks to get a phone interview. The phone interview is really short, mainly focused on introduction of Etsy and your project experience.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are normal.   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Etsy.

Interview Details – Some employees of Etsy found profile work online and were very interested. They arranged to fly in for the interview to their Brooklyn, NYC headquarters. They paid for the flight and hotel and offered additional compensation for taxis in the city. Everyone I met was very interested in my interview and offered a warm welcome. The interview was multi-part and I spoke with various engineers and HR reps both in the team I was being considered for and other teams throughout the company. Questions were taken from real-world problems not puzzles or comp sci tricks. They provided food and coffee throughout the day. Overall it was the best interview experience I've had so far, with people genuinely interested in my previous work and how I could help their team.

Interview Question – Open ended questions about the company or how I would change their current products were difficult to ask with little info on how they are already built or work.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Etsy.

Interview Details – Had a couple of informal talks that led to a phone screen. Was brought in for a series of interviews. Questions ranged from design thinking to customer research tactics. Very heavy emphasis on testing and customer data.

Interview Question – Most difficult question asked how I would go about increasing customer acquisition in international markets.   Answer Question

Worked for Etsy? Contribute to the Community!