Ettain Group

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Interview

Design

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Ettain Group.

Interview Details – Had one interview, and was told they would make a decision early the following week. They kept true to their promise and answered me early the following week.

• Interview itself was not held in an ideal location, and was actually too unstructured, which threw me off (especially considering the job I would be doing). It almost appeared that the hiring manager did not know HOW to conduct an interview, and as a result, didn't really build a good, accurate picture of the job itself, pace of work, team structure, and just the overall day-to-day activities.

• Interview was held in a supposedly relaxed setting, which proved to be noisy, as other hiring managers were conducting interviews. Frankly, it was too noisy and distracting to be a good interview setting.

Interview Question – How do you handle opposing opinions?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much of one. The job was contract, and the

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ettain Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – The process included 3 interviews. A phone screening, a personality and IQ test and 2 additional onsite interviews. The first 2 interviews are super easy but they really drill you on the last one.

Interview Question – The manager asked me to give him a sales pitch.   View Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Technical Recruiter

Interviewed at Ettain Group

Interview Details – Pretty drawn out interview process... had a phone interview, then met with a corporate recruiter, then met the manager, then had to come back again to do a half-day job-shadow. They were always very friendly, though. I really did enjoy the half-day. It was nice to meet the other people on the team I'd be working with, and get a true sense of the office environment.

Interview Question – They all really seemed more concerned with my work ethic and personality than my experience and skills... asked me things like "What motivates you?", "What's the toughest thing you've ever done?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiating. I found out later that they have a standard base pay that everyone gets, regardless of experience.

Resource Specialist Interview

Resource Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ettain Group.

Interview Details – First initial phone interview, follow on Skype interview

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Sourcing Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ettain Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very lengthy and detailed. I was first interviewed by a recruiter over the phone, then came in for a face to face interview with the recruiter a few days later, than a face to face meeting with the manager, then you come into the office and do a half day of shadowing and are interviewed with the other team members, from there the decision is made.

Interview Question – What is something that someone has said to you that motivated you through your life or career?
What is the greatest achievement and failure of your life?
Tell me about yourself.
Do you work better with a team or by yourself?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Project Manager Interview

Associate Project Manager
Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ettain Group in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was out of town when the interview process began. We had an initial call, then a Skype call. Afterwards, there were some questions about technical and organisational questions (i.e. can you manage a project?, can you log into servers and gather details about specific files?, etc.). They gave me an offer a few weeks later, since filling the position was not a rush.

Interview Question – What is the lowest compensation you are comfortable with?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – For me, it was very short. I had informed them that I was willing to take a reduced compensation. So, when the offer came at $18.50/hr. I was willing to take it, though it was lower than I had hoped, but still more than I was previously making (i.e. $16/hr).

Entry-level Recruiter Interview

Entry-level Recruiter
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ettain Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone for a very short phone interview. I was brought in a few days later for a one-on-one with the same recruiter. Basic interview questions, "What is your strengths, weaknesses, a time you failed, a time you succeeded under insurmountable pressures," etc. I was brought in for a face-to-face with the higher ups. Everything felt great, I got wonderful feedback and was told they would let me know by the end of that week. Two weeks later I was called, after several emails and voicemails, and told they were going in another direction and they would keep in mind for a different 'team.' It was disheartening due to how well the interviews went. Im still unsure of my misstep because she couldn't give me any additional feedback.

Interview Question – None were unique.   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Sourcing Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Ettain Group.

Interview Details – A recruiter called me a few days after I applied online and we set up a brief phone interview. I also had to complete a skills/personality test. The next step was to schedule a Skype interview. She called on time and asked standard questions (Why do you want this job?) I then found out I was being interviewed for a territory other than the one for which I originally applied. I was not super interested at this point, and it probably showed.

Interview Question – Fairly standard interview questions   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Help Desk Analyst
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ettain Group.

Interview Details – Ettain Group is very thorough in its vetting process. They combed through my resume to gather specifics of my work experience. They perform an extensive background check as well as checking of references.

Interview Question – Why am I leaving my present position? This question is always difficult. You don't want to defame the current or prior employer, but you need to provide a response that truthful but not off-putting to the prospective employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I had an understanding of what the position paid before applying.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ettain Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by internal recruiter. 15 minute phone interview and then in person interview with the same internal recruiter. I then met with 3 managers a few days later where each interview lasted about 30 minutes. Random questions were asked, not typical interview questions. They show you "the pit" where you will be working.

Interview Question – What makes you laugh?   Answer Question

Worked for Ettain Group? Contribute to the Community!