Eurest Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Facilities Coordinator I Interview

Facilities Coordinator I
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eurest Services in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and went through 3 interviews over 2 months (which were all essentially the same). I more than adequately displayed my skills and experiences deemed necessary for the role, but in the end was beat out by someone who was an acquaintance of a friend of the boss.

Interview Question – A walk through of the facility. I pointed out damage and obvious things, but I guess they were looking for more interior design related issues. Such as positioning of a ficus.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Facilities Assistant II Interview

Venice, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eurest Services in May 2013.

Interview Details – Wow. The most horrible interview I've ever had. I just had to comment because I don't remember seeing any reviews or interview comments regarding the Eurest location in the giant binoculars building in Venice, CA, where Eurest has Google as a client and takes care of the facility there for them. First, despite the casual, harmless look of the building, they are actually very uptight about entering. You have to be buzzed through using an intercom and then sign into a computer when you arrive as well as put on a name badge. I was stunned at this and asked the interviewer what all that was for in a joking manner but I was curious. I got the feeling this woman is a "follow Hitler type" - don't ask any questions, just do what the leaders say. She responded "that's just building security". I know that...but why these extreme measures?? Never mind. This woman had such a cold, unfriendly look and manner, I knew early on this was going to be bad. The initial phone introduction, she just said "hello?" In a harsh way and then hung up on me! I had to call her back. That was also a bad sign. The in-person interview was this woman and two others. Only the first was in the room with me, the other two were on a monitor. Very inhuman, cold feel, just so bad. One of the women on the monitor I caught laughing and I think they were talking about me and typing messages to each other back and forth. When I asked the main interview a question, she corrected me in such a harsh way, I knew right then that the interview was over. I got up and walked out. Horrible - avoid this place at all costs if you are a nice person!

Interview Question – -   Answer Question

Facilities Assistant Interview

Facilities Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Eurest Services in January 2012.

Interview Details – This should have been my red flag. I was first notified of a position in August of 2011, which was when I sent out my resume. I heard absolutely nothing until the end of October 2011, which was just a phone interview. 2 more months went by before I heard anything else. After one interview, I was never contacted again by my recruiter. I called numerous times and left numerous messages to only hear nothing for a month. I got a call back one month after all this for a different position within the same company and finally was employed in February of 2012.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult, they were out there. I was asked what kind of animal I'd want to be, what are my interests and hobbies, nothing that pertained to the job or it's tasks at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations, it was 17.50 an hour to start with a chance at a 3% raise, which is insulting, and they never give you the full 3% from what I've heard. I went above and beyond and only got 2.6.

Very Easy Interview

Janitor Interview

Janitor
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Eurest Services in September 2011.

Interview Details – Within a day of answering a craigslist ad, I got offered an interview for the following morning. The human resources employee who handled the interview was exceedingly courteous and friendly, and seemed to make a genuine effort to get to know his applicants. Some questions I got asked about included prior experience, criminal background, and ability to work holidays. However, I know that other employees who had prior convictions and no experience got hired, so I don't really think anything except holiday availability actually mattered.
I have to comment that the interviewer really went out of his way to raise expectations about the position by saying some things that turned out to be very misleading. For instance, I was told that I would have the option of working full-time, and this turned out to be simply false. I know of at least one other employee who was frustrated by his lack of hours after getting hired. Also, I was told that there were a lot of opportunities for advancement within the company. Admittedly, it's a little soon to say for sure, but my suspicion right now is that this wasn't entirely true either.
A handful of employees have already come and gone, and my general impression is that they will hire just about anyone for this position. The only reason I know of that anyone was declined a job was not being legally allowed to work in the US.

Interview Question – Are you available on holidays?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is the kind of company that thrives on having a high turnover rate. Unless you're applying for an upper management position, you won't have a lot of leverage.

Very Easy Interview

Eurest Services Employee Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Eurest Services.

Interview Details – there is NO interview just apply and you are hired,

Interview Question – there is no questions just apply   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation phase they will lie to you, they will tell you 10- 11 an hour then when you get paid its at 8 an hour

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Eurest Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eurest Services interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Eurest Services employees and interview candidates.