Euroclear Bank

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Euroclear Bank in March 2011.

3 in person interviews and one over the phone

Graduate Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Euroclear Bank in September 2014.

You apply by submitting a CV and cover letter.

First step is a phone interview along with 3 online tests. The phone interview lasts no more than about 20 minutes and consists of a number of set questions, all fairly standard HR based. They also ask you a bit about the company. The online tests are numerical, logical and verbal reasoning and you have the opportunity to do some practise questions beforehand.

If this is successful you are invited to an assessment day which consists of two one-on-one interviews and a number of tests, as well as an informal chat with a current employee on the graduate scheme. The tests are: in tray test, written test, logic puzzles, newspaper test; and you have to redo the online tests.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the blue, all the tests and interview questions are pretty standard so you can google them and do some practice and research before you turn up.   Answer Question

Human Resources Employee - Contract Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Euroclear Bank.

I was already working at Euroclear since 8 months as an external consultant doing CV screening; it was the understanding that should the mission go well, I would be hired permanently, and this is what happened. Since I was already onsite, I met with a recruiter then the team leader. The recruiter was very good, but stayed very neutral so I had no idea how well I did. The questions were, for the most part, fairly standard - about my education, reasons for choosing my area of studies/HR/Euroclear, however this was one of my first interviews as I was working since less than a year. The interview with the team leader was a bit of a joke. The person barely asked one thing about me and talked about their personal life, with way too much information (recent divorce, etc) so I just let them talk and say yes in the right places!

Interview Questions
    • From the recruiter : "you seem to value your colleagues very much. What would happen then if you liked working with them and they left the company? What would you do?"   Answer Question
    The gross salary was less than I expected, and I negotiated. I managed to receive a bit more but there was still a discrepancy with my former salary as a consultant. The extra legal package though was good.

Graduate Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Euroclear Bank in September 2013.

I applied on-line, after doing on-line SHL tests (verbal, numerical, logical) was invited to an assessment day in their London office. Day lasted from 8:30 AM to 17:30 PM. Long series of tests interviews and exercises. In total had to do 2 Interviews, Group exercise, writing exercise, logical exercise, in-tray exercise, SHL on-line exercises, news paper article exercise. All in all very testing day. Could not have prepared more for it that I had done by asking for advice from people who had attended more in the past.

Interview Questions
    • In-tray exercise, prioritising tasks.
      writing a memo from a large amount of info.

Answer Question

Client Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Euroclear Bank in May 2012.

After initial submission of C.V. and cover letter, it took a long while to get a personal response (1 month).
    However, once the recruitment process really got going, everything went very smoothly.

First interview was comprised of one interview with HR representative (45 minutes) and one interview with the team leader (45 minutes). Mostly gauging personality and knowledge about the business. Also some situational what-if questions.

Second interview was with the head of the division, followed by a visit to the work floor.

Interview Questions
    • In that kind of situation, how will you react and solve the issue?   Answer Question

Settlement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Euroclear Bank in September 2011.

The HR had a lot of questions. They wanted to understand everything about me. Very psychological questions. They asked me to describe initially my background, with my studies and my previous professional experiences. Then they asked me what I liked most, of my previous jobs. They asked where do I see myself in 5 years from that moment, and which are my expectations for salary and career improvement. They asked me also if I knew what was the business of the company, and of course my answer was the most appropriate, the most clever, really intelligent and smart that a young genius of finance, a well-trained and hard-boiled experience guy on the tricks of communication like me would have given in that particular situation. My answer was very straighforward, very direct, very impact-making. I said: Yes.

They asked me what was my previous salary. I told them it was high. They offered me higher.

CRS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petit Bruxelles (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petit Bruxelles (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Euroclear Bank in June 2011.

Interview Questions
    • In-tray exercise, prioritising tasks.
      writing a memo from a large amount of info.

Answer Question

I had better offers in hand.

Change Managemet Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Euroclear Bank in March 2010.

Internal interview
    3 steps
    focus on analytical skills and in propose sentences in positive way

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Euroclear Bank in March 2008.

First round starts with HR staff. If everything goes well, you get the second round with the direct supervisor of the department and the manager.
    Third and last round is with the director.
    1st round: General questions, the company will try to know you better, what's your career objective.
    2nd round: they start to test your technical skills, how you would apply in a specific situation.
    3rd round: the director usually asks a mix of technical and personal questions. Purpose is usually to "meet" the candidate.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is very rigid. The company might ask questions which is too personal but don't be shock, this is Belgium and they don't really care about the "politically correct" side.
    "Are you pregnant? Are you planning to have kids? You are too old".
    Those questions sometimes pop up. One more point is it will be easier to get the offer by referral.